Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net 54 Pins? Shirts? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=140262)

rc4157 08-09-2011 09:04 AM

Net 54 Pins? Shirts?

Just wondering if there were any Net54 pins left and if so how we go about acquiring one, also I seem to recall some discussion of shirts, I'd be interested if those are available as well.
Sorry if I missed a message regarding these.
RC

Leon 08-09-2011 09:46 AM

plenty of pins and shirts to come

There are plenty of pins left for anyone who wants one. First come first served until we run out. If you have requested one and I already replied please don't request another as yours is on the way. Please send me your shipping address to leonl@flash.net or post it here for a free pin to be sent to you in the next day or two. Thanks again to our board member Chris Lamb for these.

He (hi Chris) also brought some sample T-shirts shirts for me to wear at the National, which I did. We won't be doing golf type shirts for the time being due to cost and the fact that most (not all) folks wear T-shirts quite a bit. There was a tiny alignment offset that we are fixing on one of the emblems before I place a large order for them. They look really good and are heavy cotton and light gray. They have a logo on the front left breast with a D304 Cobby under it, with a logo on the right sleeve and larger logo top and center on back, with the D304 Cobby underneath it. It will probably be 4-5 weeks before those are ready to ship as we are doing another trial run to make sure the alignment is correct, again, before ordering all of them. They will be between $20-$25 delivered. I wore them for approx. 3 days (he gave me 4 shirts, I didn't stink too much) at the National so many of you that were there saw them. I will post a thread when those are ready to be bought and shipped. I will make it easy and accept paypal or cash, check or money order when available. The D304 Cobby was picked because I like the way it looks, plain and simple. regards

rc4157 08-09-2011 09:54 AM

Leon, thanks for the quick reply, email sent regarding shipping address.

The shirts sound nice as well.

RC

ibuysportsephemera 08-09-2011 11:07 AM

Pictures?

Hi Leon...I was going to start a new thread asking for some pictures from the dinner so we could put faces with names. Is it possible to combine both...pictures of the dinner and of you wearing the shirt?

Thanks,

Jeff

Leon 08-09-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera (Post 915391)
Hi Leon...I was going to start a new thread asking for some pictures from the dinner so we could put faces with names. Is it possible to combine both...pictures of the dinner and of you wearing the shirt?

Thanks,

Jeff

I got nothing Jeff....I will try to see if I have a pic of a shirt and post it though.;.....but it looks like I might have deleted it from my deleted files...LL

ibuysportsephemera 08-09-2011 09:18 PM

Thanks

Thanks..I am still in for a shirt!

Jeff

Leon 08-09-2011 09:35 PM

scans

3 Attachment(s)
Chris was nice enough to send some scans of the shirts. I sure hope if anyone needs any kind of promotional items they will give him a shot. He has been super easy to work with and his prices were great. First class customer service!!

AAA Trophies, Inc.
www.OrlandoAwards.com
460 N Ronald Reagan Blvd Suite #166
Longwood, FL 32750
Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
Saturday 10am-2pm
Phone: 407-339-0393
Fax: 407-339-3452

Vol 08-10-2011 10:30 AM

I am digging that shirt.

Very good choice of a card. And I like your explanation Leon for picking it, "I think it looks cool." I do too.

I am def in on buying one.

kkkkandp 08-10-2011 12:36 PM

One Large

I'm in for a t-shirt.

You know the old saying - you can't have too many baseball cards or t-shirts! :)

Jcfowler6 08-10-2011 07:04 PM

Nice shirt

Looking forward to when we can pick these up.

FUBAR 08-10-2011 08:31 PM

i will be in for a shirt as well... hope you get big man sizes... xxl!

Leon 08-10-2011 08:41 PM

shirts and pins

There are plenty of pins left so if anyone still wants one just shoot me an email. Everyone that has requested one has had theirs sent out.

As for the shirts, let me reiterate. It will probably be about 4-5 weeks as we are doing another test of an XL and 2XL....to make sure the alignment of the left breast logo/card is correct. I am also asking for the shade of blue to be a bit darker. Otherwise they will be the same. BEFORE I order them I am going to do a poll to see what sizes people will be wearing, in general. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that I will order large and up....and by "and up" I mean there will be plenty of 2xl and 3xl....I think 3xl is the biggest I can get but I will double check. I am about 220 and 5'10" and 2xl is best for me.

whitehse 08-10-2011 09:27 PM

Being a big boy 3x wont cut it for me but thats ok as I look terrible in t-shirts anyway!!

I just wanted to say thanks for the pin as I was able to stop by at the National to say hello to Leon and pick up my pin!! That was very generous of Chris to make these pins and they are definitly quality.

I just wanted to say I dont post much here but I am reading these boards on a daily basis, usually 3-4 times a day. I have been in this hobby 30+ years but feel like a newby when I read most of the posts on pre-war cards! I appreciate being accepted by this group and will make sure to make next years get together.

Leon 08-11-2011 11:56 AM

just in

Breaking news!!!!! There will be 4x and 5x sizes available too. Anything bigger and we are going to go to Academy Sports and check out the tent section :). (just kidding)......So, before I order the big batch in a few weeks I will take a poll for an idea of what to order. I still think mostly it will be XL and 2XL......and as previously stated the smallest I order will probably be Large.....but all that is not set in stone and yet to be determined. Stay tuned....

barrysloate 08-11-2011 11:58 AM

Leon- I weigh about 148 pounds. Three of me will fit into one of those shirts.:(

rc4157 08-11-2011 12:32 PM

Barry.....time for some fast food!!:D

gnaz01 08-12-2011 05:11 PM

Shirt

I'm in for a shirt, 3xl please as I like t-shirts very blousy!! :D

tcdyess 08-12-2011 05:14 PM

2x here.... Thanks

shaunsteig 08-13-2011 12:50 AM

Got the pin today -- looks great. Thanks Leon and Chris!
--S

Leon 08-13-2011 04:38 PM

yikes

Yikes, I have had 3 members tell me, today, that their envelopes had been tampered with and there was no pin inside. The last person that told me said the USPS marked the package :

"There was a red stamp from the post office marked damaged and missing items."

I guess they think it's some kind of contraband:eek:. I will send more pins back out once I figure the best way to do it. I might have to put them in a package instead of only a regular envelope. Sorry about that....There are still a fair amount left so even if quite a few more come up missing we should be fine....regards

vintagetoppsguy 08-13-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 916726)
Yikes, I have had 3 tell me, today, that their envelopes had been tampered with and there was no pin inside. The last person that told me said the USPS marked the package :

"There was a red stamp from the post office marked damaged and missing items."

I guess they think it's some kind of contraband:eek:. I will send more pins back out once I figure the best way to do it. I might have to put them in a package instead of only a regular envelope. Sorry about that....There are still a fair amount left so even if quite a few more come up missing we should be fine....regards

Sorry to hear about that. Mine arrived safely yesterday. Thank you, Leon!

Jason 08-13-2011 05:23 PM

I received mine today.Thanks for the nice pin Leon.

Leon 08-13-2011 06:01 PM

couple things

First of all it seems like some PO's are a little more picky/cautious than others concerning the pins. As for the shirt idea I need to give credit to R@bert Dixon as it was his suggestion. I should have previously mentioned that.
I will do a poll in several weeks to get an idea for how many to order for each size. If anyone says anything now I will still want your input in a few weeks.....best regards

Wite3 08-13-2011 07:29 PM

any pins left...would love one (and a t-shirt when available!)...thanks Leon!

Joshua

jcarroll84 08-13-2011 08:41 PM

Leon,

Thanks for the pin, I received mine today.

Tom S. 08-14-2011 01:09 AM

Thanks again Leon!

Just wanted to let you know that I got my pin in the mail on Saturday too.

It had almost worked its way out of the envelope though...close call! :o

darrend505 08-14-2011 06:22 AM

Got my pin in the mail yesterday as well! Thank you very much Leon!

CFSodano 08-14-2011 06:31 AM

Leon,

I just wanted to thank you for the pin..got mine yesterday.

Best,
Christian

Leon 08-14-2011 11:02 AM

4th one

I just had the 4th person tell me the USPS pilfered their pin. I just want to reiterate that I know it's happening and it will no doubt happen some more.....and if you are going to be buying a shirt it might make sense to wait on the shirt and I can send a pin with it. The shirts will be in bigger packages so I doubt the USPS will frown upon them. Just wanted to say I know what is going on and don't be alarmed. There are quite a few more pins and all of them will replaced until they run out........best regards

Big Six 08-16-2011 02:54 PM

Honest Mailman in Connecticut!

Got my pin...thanks Leon. Will wear it to this weekend's East Coast National in White Plains...

Tsaiko 08-16-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 915510)
Chris was nice enough to send some scans of the shirts. I sure hope if anyone needs any kind of promotional items they will give him a shot. He has been super easy to work with and his prices were great. First class customer service!!

AAA Trophies, Inc.
www.OrlandoAwards.com
460 N Ronald Reagan Blvd Suite #166
Longwood, FL 32750
Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm
Saturday 10am-2pm
Phone: 407-339-0393
Fax: 407-339-3452

Leon, is there any chance of finding out what size shirt that is in the picture, along with height and weight of the model? That way we could have some perspective when judging what size to order. I'm guessing that's a 2xl in the picture. -??-
Thanks,

peterose4hof 08-17-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsaiko (Post 917767)
Leon, is there any chance of finding out what size shirt that is in the picture, along with height and weight of the model? That way we could have some perspective when judging what size to order. I'm guessing that's a 2xl in the picture. -??-
Thanks,

That is definitely the first (and likely the last) time I have ever been called a "model". The shirt in the pictures is an XL and I am 5'9" and just a skosh over 200lbs. It fits comfortably.

Tsaiko 08-17-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterose4hof (Post 917946)
That is definitely the first (and likely the last) time I have ever been called a "model". The shirt in the pictures is an XL and I am 5'9" and just a skosh over 200lbs. It fits comfortably.

Ha ha Chris, didn't mean to offend with the model comment - not that you seem offended -, but thanks for the info, it really helps.

I'm glad the shirts aren't like those t-shirts with the sleeves too short; me likey. Being 6' and a "skosh" (I learned a new word) or a "tad" or a "smiggin" under 200, the XL will work perfectly here.

Jcfowler6 08-17-2011 11:45 AM

Leon,

Got the pin you sent. Thanks so much.

Jon

Hot Springs Bathers 08-17-2011 02:31 PM

Received my pin today in a ripped open envelope enclosed in a U.S. Postal apology envelope. Wonderful pin, many thanks Leon!!

Leon 08-17-2011 02:36 PM

quick update on shipping of the pins

Yesterday I received about 4-5 more pins returned to me from the USPS. It seems their awkward size and the plain envelopes don't bode well for the sorters. However, to send them otherwise will be a few bucks each...which, when I am sending 50-100 out does equate to some extra dollars. The ones I got back yesterday, with the pins still in them, were going to Bill St. (no pin in this one), Marc Po., Steve Ha., Fred Y. and Greg Na.,......So what I did was take them out of those envelopes, wrap them in a blank sheet of paper and am trying once more in regular envelopes. They are a bit more smoothed out now. Out of the 50-100 I have sent out, probably 15 have got returned, so it's not too bad. IN about a week anyone that has asked for one but not received one, can let me know and I will send another out. Most of them are getting to their destinations (I think :))... Sorry for the delay...best regards

rp12367 08-17-2011 05:56 PM

Pin

Leon, Pin arrived save and sound. They look great!!! Thanks for the pin and for running a great board. Thx Ralph

JLange 08-18-2011 04:13 AM

Got my pin!

Thanks Leon!

glchen 08-18-2011 12:05 PM

I got my pin yesterday, but with a 20 cent postage due. Still well worth paying. Thanks, Leon!

Leon 08-18-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glchen (Post 918225)
I got my pin yesterday, but with a 20 cent postage due. Still well worth paying. Thanks, Leon!

Too funny....first I have heard of that situation. It looks like the PO has different rules for each location. Some don't go, some go and some go but they want more money. Oh well, maybe that is why they suck so bad financially. The little pins don't even weigh 1 ounce so I didn't feel I was trying to get over on them....

jp1216 08-18-2011 12:45 PM

Leon, just got my pin (thanks). Envelope was slightly torn, and the back of the pin was bent a touch - but it looks great!! THANKS.

Vol 08-18-2011 08:00 PM

Just recieved my pin. Looks great. Thanks a bunch Leon.

batsballsbases 08-19-2011 03:20 PM

pin

Leon,
The pin came today and was fine. Thankyou for all you do!:D:D Al

Bill Stone 08-25-2011 09:11 AM

Hi Leon --my replacement pin came today ! Thanks so much !:)

pitchernut 08-25-2011 11:41 AM

I would

like to have a pin if there are any left. Don't know about the t-shirt... never much cared nor understood the hoopla regarding Cobb, but I only collect pitchers anyway :D

Leon 08-25-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchernut (Post 920048)
like to have a pin if there are any left. Don't know about the t-shirt... never much cared nor understood the hoopla regarding Cobb, but I only collect pitchers anyway :D

I will send you a pin....yeah, no hoopla about Cobb except he was the best batter in the history of our National pastime and made the HOF with the inaugural class. Otherwise, nope, nadda big deal. :cool:

ValKehl 08-25-2011 03:47 PM

Leon - Please be kind to Jim/pitchernut, because I assume he must be a big WaJo fan!! :D

Cobb is the best batter in history?? I guess it depends upon how you define best batter. If you took a poll of Net 54 members and asked them which non-pitcher they would select for their team if they had the first choice of all the hitters in history, I very much doubt that Cobb would receive the most votes!
Best,
Val

Leon 08-25-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValKehl (Post 920136)
Leon - Please be kind to Jim/pitchernut, because I assume he must be a big WaJo fan!! :D

Cobb is the best batter in history?? I guess it depends upon how you define best batter. If you took a poll of Net 54 members and asked them which non-pitcher they would select for their team if they had the first choice of all the hitters in history, I very much doubt that Cobb would receive the most votes!
Best,
Val

He had the highest batting average of all time....debate that. :)

Big Six 08-25-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leon (Post 920138)
he had the highest batting average of all time....debate that. :)

poll !!!

Leon 08-25-2011 04:02 PM

moot point

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Six (Post 920140)
poll !!!

You want a poll on him having the highest average?

I am sure many on the board wouldn't think he was the best batter. My initial statement was referring to his average only. That is not debatable...unless you just want to lose right out of the gates? Go for it... :D