Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best Auction Houses for Early 20th Century Memorabilia? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247563)

soulgoobe 11-14-2017 03:35 PM

Best Auction Houses for Early 20th Century Memorabilia?

I came across a collection of some high end baseball memorabilia (1900 - 1940 or so) and want to consign it to an auction house. What are the very best auction houses who not only specialize or significantly feature pre-war memorabilia, but also tend to get the biggest audience / highest realized prices for items? I'd love to get as many answers as possible to form some kind of consensus opinions. Thanks!

soulgoobe 11-14-2017 08:27 PM

opinions anyone? i'm surprised i hadn't gotten any responses yet.

murphusa 11-14-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulgoobe (Post 1720203)
opinions anyone? I'm surprised i hadn't gotten any responses yet.

rea

Leon 11-15-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

You haven't gotten opinions because what is someone going to say? You asked basically, what is the best car made? The answer is there are lots of them. If you want to know who advertises in the right place to sell memorabilia you need to look no further than our banner ads :). All of our advertisers who sell memorabilia would do a good job. PM me if you want more specifics. ......

soulgoobe 11-15-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1720255)
You haven't gotten opinions because what is someone going to say? You asked basically, what is the best car made? The answer is there are lots of them. If you want to know who advertises in the right place to sell memorabilia you need to look no further than our banner ads :). All of our advertisers who sell memorabilia would do a good job. PM me if you want more specifics. ......

I thought it was a pretty easy question. I don't mind if someone lists several, just wanted to get some consensus opinions. I'll PM you - thanks!

autograf 11-15-2017 02:43 PM

REA
Heritage
Love of the Game

perezfan 11-15-2017 03:36 PM

Agree with REA, Heritage and LOTG.

I would add Hunt Live Auctions to the mix as well. But not their Internet/Phone Monthly auctions, in which they provide very limited pictures. They also don't include most lots in the printed Internet/Phone catalogs now. But their Live Auction is still an excellent avenue for early Baseball memorabilia.

Hankphenom 11-15-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

There really isn't a good answer to your question, as Leon points out. Now if you rephrase the question as: "What's your favorite auction house and why?" you'll probably get more action. Or you could do your homework and Google the types of items you have to auction and see which one seems to get the best results for what you've got. I've had great items flop in REA and marginal stuff kill in a small auction, you never know, a lot of it seems pretty hit or miss, timing, other things you can't control. I'd go with the prominent AH that gives you the best deal: lowest consignment fee, advance check if you need it, whatever other special requests you might have that they can satisfy.