Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Excited new collector (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=248832)

esd10 12-14-2017 07:15 AM

Excited new collector

This morning i had driven my 7 year old to the bus stop because its freezing in ohio this minute and my daughter asked me about a card show her and i went to. This question was out of the blue because besides softball she never shown any real interest in my collecting but then asked if her and i can start a collection for her. This is very exciting for me because i have 2 daughters and never thought either would be the slightest bit interesed in my hobby. We are going to sit down tonight and see what sets she likes and go from there. Sorry for any bad spelling errors i have a 1 year old in my arms.

sycks22 12-14-2017 07:20 AM

Reminds me of when I give my 2 year old girl a card of any player she looks at it with both hands and says "wow" like she just hit the lottery. 20 seconds later we're watching Paw Patrol.

Republicaninmass 12-14-2017 08:16 AM

Plastic slabs make a great drum stick for my 20 month old.

darwinbulldog 12-14-2017 08:47 AM

My 5-year-old, turning 6 this weekend, will be receiving her first binder and Ultra-Pro pages for her card collection. It's about 50% baseball, 25% other sports, and 25% non-sports. I didn't get my first card till I was 8, so I figure she's off to a good start.

BruceinGa 12-14-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 1729347)
Reminds me of when I give my 2 year old girl a card of any player she looks at it with both hands and says "wow" like she just hit the lottery. 20 seconds later we're watching Paw Patrol.

Paw Patrol is a must watch here!:p
My granddaughter will be 6 in two weeks, maybe it's time to get here started.

quitcrab 12-14-2017 04:12 PM

Sorry to be so Debbie downer.. she will lose interest... My daughter did. Be

esd10 12-14-2017 05:57 PM

I know she probably will lose interest but there is a possibility she might love the hobby and be the next generation of collector

nebboy 12-14-2017 06:21 PM

My son is a pretty serious Pokamon collector. He's pretty proud of it. He is more into volume than rarity.

quitcrab 12-14-2017 06:39 PM

i was trying to be funny.. i sincerely hope she keeps up with it and enjoys the hobby. Does she have a favorite player or team to collect ? I am a player collector. Brooks Robinson is my guy.

mattsey9 12-14-2017 11:15 PM

Find a cheap box of old Donruss cards. Kids love the puzzles that come inside!

silvor 12-15-2017 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebboy (Post 1729550)
My son is a pretty serious Pokamon collector. He's pretty proud of it. He is more into volume than rarity.

My 12 year old is big into Pokémon (collecting cards, the phone app and playing the card game). He usually buys single raw cards, but has a few PSA examples.

Stampsfan 12-15-2017 01:08 PM

My oldest daughter, now 24, would go to card shows with me and helped me look at cards (her eyes are better) for years. We would get pictures of her with some of the greats. She knows the names of stars from yesteryear. While she doesn't collect, she knows how much I love it, and has taken the time to share my hobby with me.

Regardless, it's pretty cool stuff.

Leon 12-17-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esd10 (Post 1729345)
This morning i had driven my 7 year old to the bus stop because its freezing in ohio this minute and my daughter asked me about a card show her and i went to. This question was out of the blue because besides softball she never shown any real interest in my collecting but then asked if her and i can start a collection for her. This is very exciting for me because i have 2 daughters and never thought either would be the slightest bit interesed in my hobby. We are going to sit down tonight and see what sets she likes and go from there. Sorry for any bad spelling errors i have a 1 year old in my arms.

Very cool. We need more excited collectors in our hobby!!

thescooper 12-17-2017 03:49 PM

non sports

If I dig around I can find a lot of Perleon (sp) cats if she wants them. I will ship them for free of course