Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Raffle starts TONIGHT, 8:00 PM EST!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220082)

GKreindler 03-25-2016 12:50 PM

Raffle starts TONIGHT, 8:00 PM EST!!

Hey all,

Since one or two of you have expressed some interest, I was hoping to get a better idea: how many of you would be into participating in another painting raffle? I don't have any of the particulars worked out yet, nor have I spoken to Bill who usually handles the whole shebang, but I just wanted to gauge interest before I decide whether to go through with it or not.

Rules-wise, it'll probably be pretty similar to the last two, and probably with each ticket costing $20. Though again, nothing's set in stone yet.

Anywho, for those of you who are into the idea, please leave a note on this thread, and I guess we'll go from there!

Thanks,

Graig

Lordstan 03-25-2016 12:52 PM

Yes. Absolutely.

gregr2 03-25-2016 12:58 PM

I'm in!

pgellis 03-25-2016 01:05 PM

Yes!

Vintage Yankee 03-25-2016 01:54 PM

I'm in.

Kawika 03-25-2016 02:02 PM

I'll play. Can't have enough Kreindlers.

Republicaninmass 03-25-2016 02:02 PM

In

smotan_02 03-25-2016 02:48 PM

In here

sam majors 03-25-2016 02:48 PM

I'm in for a couple of tickets. Sam Majors

benkenobi13 03-25-2016 03:01 PM

I'm in

GKreindler 03-25-2016 03:19 PM

Thanks for chiming in, guys. If anyone else is interested, please just say so.

For what it's worth, here are the two raffle paintings that have been claimed thus far:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ps12ba34cb.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdxguqyue.jpg

Lordstan 03-25-2016 03:40 PM

Graig,
You may want to ask if Leon will post this in the main forum as well. I think card collectors would be interested in your work, not just memorabilia collectors.
Another suggestion would be to put the retail value of the painting being auctioned. Many may not realize the cost of original paintings and what a great deal the raffle is for what they would be getting.

Best,
Mark

btcarfagno 03-25-2016 03:54 PM

Yeah. I'm in.

Graig I think you know what I am going to want when I win.

I mean if I win.

No. When I win.

Tom C

7nohitter 03-25-2016 04:29 PM

I'd be in as well!

irv 03-25-2016 04:36 PM

Outstanding artwork!

I am in for sure. :)

jonvancouver 03-25-2016 04:37 PM

In in in

mrmantlecollector 03-25-2016 04:38 PM

I would be in.

Leon 03-25-2016 04:48 PM

I copied this over to the main page so it is there ALSO....Only chime in one place as for a spot, please.

Dewey 03-25-2016 04:49 PM

My second post. In. :D

I spent last night looking through your amazing work.

billyb 03-25-2016 05:25 PM

Keep responding all, I am ready to handle a third raffle.

Mark,
Great idea about posting the value of the painting.

To any newbies who are curious about this raffle, the winner gets to select the player they want painted. The winner just selects a photo of their favorite player, and Graig will work his magic. The paintings are limited to a portrait, but depending on the money collected, could expand to a more detailed painting, which will be stipulated prior to the beginning of the raffle.

The winner is determined after all money is collected, a ballgame will be selected, several days in advance, and the last three numbers of the attendance will be the winning number.

All money collected goes to the artist (Graig), to pay for the cost of the painting. The first painting was a $4400 value, and this painting will exceed that value. A great opportunity to own a painting completed by one of todays greatest sport artists.

Forever Young 03-25-2016 05:48 PM

In... need a 5th! I would have one one every wall if I could afford it.

yanksfan09 03-25-2016 06:08 PM

in

yanks12025 03-25-2016 06:08 PM

I'm in

baseball tourist 03-25-2016 06:29 PM

For sure!!

Lordstan 03-25-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever Young (Post 1519212)
In... need a 5th! I would have one one every wall if I could afford it.

Ben,
Sorry. You can buy tickets, but are not allowed to win. Anyone who has 4 is not allowed any more.
Mark

JoeDfan 03-25-2016 07:27 PM

Ok!

thecatspajamas 03-25-2016 10:13 PM

In as well.

mcgwirecom 03-26-2016 04:24 AM

me too

murphusa 03-26-2016 06:24 AM

I would participate

thenavarro 03-26-2016 07:37 AM

I'd participate.

parker1b2 03-26-2016 09:15 AM

I'm in

nebboy 03-26-2016 09:26 AM

In

bobfreedman 03-26-2016 11:52 AM

I am in

balltrash 03-26-2016 02:49 PM

Count me in

I'm in

Mark70Z 03-26-2016 05:41 PM

In

Love it; in...

Tigerden 03-26-2016 07:34 PM

Yes indeed. Count me in.

billyb 03-26-2016 07:40 PM

Just another tidbit to all who never participated before. Graig has in the past, posted updates regarding the winning entry, so all can see exactly what goes into the process. It is truly amazing. No where else can you own a remarkable painting, and be able to watch the whole process unfold. The photos of this process could also be displayed or in a portfolio about your painting. Additional keepsakes for sure.

gashouse34 03-26-2016 09:31 PM

Im in as well

Dto7 03-27-2016 07:08 AM

In

Forever Young 03-27-2016 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstan (Post 1519242)
Ben,
Sorry. You can buy tickets, but are not allowed to win. Anyone who has 4 is not allowed any more.
Mark

I don't agree to those terms. Haha!

Dave1943 03-27-2016 07:54 AM

I'm in.

Dave

Bpm0014 03-27-2016 08:32 AM

In. Your work is amazing. Speechless....

billyb 03-27-2016 10:11 AM

Just want to let everyone know, we are working out some details now and Graig should be posting something this afternoon.
Keep those responses coming in.

Bill

GKreindler 03-27-2016 10:27 AM

Wow, what awesome responses, everybody! It looks like we'll be able to do this again, and I'm super-stoked about it. Once again, at the helm will be our very own Bill Boyd (billyb) and Lance Fittro (thecatspajamas) - both wonderful gents.

And a big 'thank you' to LL for allowing this to be a reality!

Here's some more info, as prepared by Mr. Boyd and Mr. Fittro:

OFFICIAL RULES TO WIN AN ORIGINAL CUSTOM GRAIG KREINDLER PAINTING (16" x 20" MINIMUM SIZE).

1. Sale of entries will begin on Sunday, Apr 3, 2016 @ 8PM EST, and can be reserved by posting on the '2016 Kreindler Raffle Event' thread on the vintage memorabilia forum.

2. Cost is $20 per entry. PLEASE HOLD PAYMENT UNTIL THE HARD DEADLINE IS REACHED. (see rule #7 below)

3. "Buddy System" - This can be used to assist members who cannot place any requests for entries directly on the board due to personal issues, internet outage, natural disaster, etc. One member can reserve entries for another member, or if you find yourself unable to post and without a Buddy, we can reserve entries for you. Everyone who wishes to participate will be able to do so!

4. A MINIMUM OF 250 ENTRIES MUST BE SOLD FOR THIS EVENT. If the minimum 250 entries are sold and interest continues, additional entries beyond the 250 minimum may be sold, and the painting size will increase as a result. In other words, the size of the painting that the winner receives will ultimately be determined by the number of entries sold. So, since the starting size for the minimum 250 entries is 16" x 20" (current retail value of $4,960), but if 350 entries are sold, the painting can be 18" x 24", 20" x 22", 16" x 26", or any number of combinations with similar square inch totals. Updates to the total number of entries sold and resulting painting size will be given as the event progresses.

5. We cannot list a specific company to use for payments. However, if you choose to use your favorite online method of payment, please use the F & F/gift method or if that company has fees included, do not forget to pay the extra percentage fee. Graig's email address is gkreindler@gmail.com.

For payment by mail, please send Bill (wboyd4422@gmail.com), Lance (thecatspajamas99@gmail.com) or Graig an email or PM, and we will provide an address to mail your payments to. Again, PLEASE HOLD PAYMENT UNTIL THE HARD DEADLINE IS REACHED (see rule #7 below).

Because all money is going to Graig's commission fee, please list it as, "payment for consignment fees, or art consignment, or art work," as online companies frown on words like 'raffle', or 'chances', 'tickets' or any other gaming terminology. Also, when making payments, add your 54 handle somewhere on payment. If you forget to add your handle to your payment, please message Bill to let him know of your payment and what email address you used to do so.

6. Your entry numbers will be given out in order requests are received. The entrant list will be updated as the event progresses, and once the hard deadline is reached and the total number of entries is known, each entry will be assigned numbers from between 1 to 000 (1000), spaced by the total number of entries. The total number of entries will not be less than 250, but continued interest could result in more than 250 entries being sold and a larger painting size being awarded.

Example #1: If 250 total entries are sold, each entry will receive 4 numbers spaced by 250. The first entry will receive #1, 251, 501 and 751. The second entry will receive #2, 252, 502 and 752. Etc.

Example #2: If 333 total entries are sold, each entry will receive 3 numbers spaced by 333. The first entry will receive #1, 334 and 665. The second entry will receive #2, 335 and 666. Etc. One number (#000) would be leftover.

Leftover numbers, if any, will be voided. In Example #2 above, #000 would be voided. If the first game's attendance results in a voided number being the winning number, the back-up game would be used to determine the winner.

7. Once at least 250 entries have been sold and entry sales have slowed, fair warning of about a week will be given and a hard deadline for purchase of entries set. All payment for entries purchased is due within one week following said deadline. If any participant's payment is not received by one week after the deadline, all of their reserved entries will be considered forfeit and may be resold. If payment is mailed late or there are extenuating circumstances preventing payment within that week, please notify Bill via PM.

8. Once all payments are received, an upcoming sporting event game will be selected, along with a secondary game in case of a rain-out or voided entry being the winner of the first game. The winning number will be the last three digits of the attendance of the selected game, as given on the New York Times website box score. The attendance on the New York Times website is the ONLY figure we will use, even if a different attendance number may be given on the radio, television or elsewhere. A back-up game will also be chosen if needed.

9. Winner is responsible for all shipping and handling fees.

10. THE WINNING NUMBERS WILL BE POSTED ON EVENT PAGE.

STIPULATIONS: Graig does reserve the right of final word as to the content and subject matter of the painting requested. Also, he wanted to let everyone know that 16" x 20" paintings DO have limitations. Panoramic or team photos will NOT fit on a canvas that size. However, the winner may elect to "upgrade" to a larger painting size that will allow for the additional desired detail by paying the difference based on Graig's standard commission rates.

Thanks again, everyone. And if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to myself, Lance or Graig.

See you on the 3rd!!

billyb 03-27-2016 10:50 AM

Okay,
As I raise both arms in the air and yell out............YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!
Of course there is a little tush shaking going on as well (not a pretty picture though)

Anyways, as Jackie Gleason would say,..........and away weee go.

Now is the time to start looking for the photos you may want painted. It is never too early, as when the time comes, as the past winners may agree with, once this opportunity does happen for someone, it is not easy to pick out that photo and can be time consuming. Remember, the sooner you get that photo to Graig, the sooner that painting is on your wall.

SO LETS SEE SOME CHOICES

Bill

RichardSimon 03-27-2016 12:49 PM

Few questions -

1- any sport?
2- non sport?
3- more than one person in the painting?
4- inanimate object (ie. WS trophy, stadium, Stanley Cup?)

sbfinley 03-27-2016 01:09 PM

Can we reserve now or do we wait until the 3rd? Thanks!

billyb 03-27-2016 01:30 PM

Steven,
No entry yet. On April the 3rd, at 8PM EST, I will have a new thread pop in, on the memorabilia side, stating "Kreindler Dream Event, entries begin now". On that thread, you can state how many entries you wish to purchase. I will have an ongoing list where I will place Net 54 names, in the order I get them. If you request three entries, then your Net54 name will be entered three times.
Once the sales has ended, then payments can be made, and next to your name, I will place Pd. This way all members can see the progress, and observe their numbers.

Richard,
Graig has stated in the past that he would do any sport. Non sport would have to be answered by Graig, but I believe he has stated in the past, he would prefer not to paint non sport portraits (family members). Objects like the Stanley cup, stadium, that would have to be answered by Graig. But remember, an 16 X 20 is mainly the size for a portrait, and fitting two people into that size painting, may not meet the standards Craig is used to completing. Same with a stadium. If he has to reduce the sizes, the quality of that painting may not meet the photo he is trying to capture.
But Graig may answer that better. he is busy this Easter Sunday, with his family, so may take a while to give you a good answer.
Let me add this Richard, that because this raffle has no backend as far as sales go, depending on how many entries we receive, the painting may go larger then 16 X 20. Then that larger size may fit more then one individual. The winner always has the option to add money to the painting he won, where he can truly get a very large painting, at a cost that could be afforded.

Bill

GKreindler 03-27-2016 01:44 PM

Hey Richard,

1) Any sport is kosher with me!
2) Non-sport is less kosher with me. I think it would have to be a really special non-sport subject that's close to my heart to make me want to do it. I mean REALLY special. Like Bill opined, family portraits and the like aren't my cup of tea.
3) If we can fit more than one person in the painting without compressing the image too much, then that's cool with me.
4) It all depends on the image. For example, the Cy Young image below would probably be alright:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psjm3xecgh.jpg

This one, not so much:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psqgogrbcw.jpg

And Bill, come on, we both know I have no life. Especially now that Bennett's here!!

Graig

billyb 03-27-2016 01:57 PM

Graig,
Bennett is worth the time you give him. I can't wait to see his first painting.

Bill