Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fake Ticket - White Sox Disco Demolition Night (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=231120)

Shoeless Moe 11-12-2016 02:49 PM

Fake Ticket - White Sox Disco Demolition Night

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162270900181?rmvSB=true

Pretty sure this one is fake, been watching Tickets for well over 10 years now and a few years ago, maybe 4-5-6, I saw a rash of these being sold on Ebay weekly. (From a seller who was selling fake Cards, pretty decent fakes, fakes nonetheless). Had to see like 20-30 sell and usually it was about 50 bucks a pop.

Funny thing is I've never seen them then graded. Surely one of those would have been submitted.

Maybe a PSA grader present or former can chime in.

I also don't think I've seen these Orange stub ones show up for any other game, White Sox tix look like the 2nd pix from that time period. Why don't other orange grandstand tix show up on Ebay with a different date?

mcgwirecom 11-12-2016 08:20 PM

I sold a few orange ones a few years ago. They are grandstand seats as opposed to a reserved seat. Since it was disco demolition night they sold a lot of tickets and sold a lot of grand stand seats which they probably didn't sell very many of in other games since attendence was not too good. I believe they are good tickets.

Scott Garner 11-12-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 1601783)
I sold a few orange ones a few years ago. They are grandstand seats as opposed to a reserved seat. Since it was disco demolition night they sold a lot of tickets and sold a lot of grand stand seats which they probably didn't sell very many of in other games since attendence was not too good. I believe they are good tickets.

What Randall said. ;)
Definitely a genuine ticket from the Disco Demolition game, FWIW

Shoeless Moe 11-13-2016 06:52 AM

but why not one graded?

Scott Garner 11-13-2016 06:58 AM

As it has been said here before, not all ticket collectors believe in PSA grading tickets. I do not...

pherbener 11-13-2016 08:36 AM

At $25 a pop, it's not feasible to grade lower priced tickets.

mcgwirecom 11-13-2016 08:57 AM

I have a pretty extensive ticket collection and none are graded. In fact I just won two full Mickey Mantle homerun tickets in Huggins & Scott auction. When they arrive I will free them from their plastic tombs! If a ticket came back graded a "10" it may add some value to some people but anything less (and most get graded very low because they grade them on card standards and they are meant to be taken to the game and stuck in your pocket) just devalues them. I suppose getting them graded as "authentic" at least makes some people feel better but I have not really seen very many counterfeit tickets. The only one I really remember was a 1919 World Series ticket but it was so bad most anyone could tell. I have to laugh when people claim their PSA graded ticket is the only one in existance because the population report said it was the only one graded. As Scott said, most collectors do not grade them.

icollectDCsports 11-13-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 1601865)
I have a pretty extensive ticket collection and none are graded. In fact I just won two full Mickey Mantle homerun tickets in Huggins & Scott auction. When they arrive I will free them from their plastic tombs! If a ticket came back graded a "10" it may add some value to some people but anything less (and most get graded very low because they grade them on card statndards and they are meant to be taken to the game and stuck in your pocket) just devalues them. I suppose getting them graded as "authentic" at least makes some people feel better but I have not really seen very many counterfeit tickets. The only one I really remember was a 1919 World Series ticket but it was so bad most anyone could tell. I have to laugh when people claim their PSA graded ticket is the only one in existance because the population report said it was the only one graded. As Scott said, most collectors do not grade them.

Agree with all of this.