Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone know this moron selling on eBay?: Lonewolf0212 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240200)

The-Cardfather 05-25-2017 12:35 AM

Does anyone know this moron selling on eBay?: Lonewolf0212

This moron lists Barry Bonds as a Hall-of-Famer (see link below) and since I feel that this is wrong and misleading, I point it out to him in a very matter-of-fact manner. I say nothing about him misleading people.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263000300665?ul_noapp=true

I wrote: "Barry Bonds is not a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame." That was the total message.

He responded: "Where does it say that he is? Who are you ...? The National Monitor for the Baseball Hall of Fame items for sale? Get a life."

Really? He misleads people for profit and I need to get a life. Thank God for the anonymity of eBay or he'd be missing a few teeth.

toledo_mudhen 05-25-2017 02:49 AM

Pretty sure he's got his panties in a bunch cuz he spent WAY too much $ on that card when he bought it several years ago. I got lots of em also and every time I look at em - I get irritated. Having said that - it is a really nice card.

As an aside - I think Bonds got pretty close on the voting this last year - yes?

Marchillo 05-25-2017 04:04 AM

Bonds and Clemens are both trending up in their 5th year of eligibility. They are around 54%. With younger voters coming in and older voters coming off they will likely get in but are a couple years off. I'd say maybe their 8th or 9th year of eligibility.

Aquarian Sports Cards 05-25-2017 04:51 AM

Still waiting for the day when I read one of these threads and realize I'm the moron...

Not today though ��

The-Cardfather 05-25-2017 12:24 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the eBay listing now indicates that "the listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." But when you check the bidding history, several people submitted bids. Very strange.

Head928 05-25-2017 12:33 PM

Should probably inform all the sellers of Pete Rose items with HOF in the title that he is not in the hall of fame either.

Section103 05-25-2017 01:19 PM

It annoys the heck out of me too, but its an extremely common practice and can be found on the N54 boards too. I value my time and my peace of mind way too much to bring it up to a seller in search of an argument.

vintagerookies51 05-25-2017 01:25 PM

For the longest time, I honestly thought Hal Chase was a Hall of Famer, and didn't realize he wasn't until someone corrected one of my listings. I don't think that's the case with this guy :D

Peter_Spaeth 05-25-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen (Post 1664466)
Pretty sure he's got his panties in a bunch cuz he spent WAY too much $ on that card when he bought it several years ago. I got lots of em also and every time I look at em - I get irritated. Having said that - it is a really nice card.

As an aside - I think Bonds got pretty close on the voting this last year - yes?

They have been on the rise, and the Tiffany version even more so.

Jobu 05-25-2017 01:59 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquarian sports cards (Post 1664471)
still waiting for the day when i read one of these threads and realize i'm the moron...

Not today though ��

bmattioli 05-25-2017 07:06 PM

I could give two poops about the auction but I do believe none of this crew, Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, AROD etc will ever see the inside of the HOF unless they but a ticket..

Marchillo 05-25-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceM (Post 1664727)
I could give two poops about the auction but I do believe none of this crew, Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, AROD etc will ever see the inside of the HOF unless they but a ticket..

McGwire will never get it. I'm a Cooperstown nerd that goes to induction weekend every year and follow the voting trends year after year. Clemens and Bonds are certainly in an interesting category but the way the votes trend compared to others that took 8-10 years (Raines, Rice, etc) I'm guessing they make it. Younger voters seem to be more forgiving of the steroid era. Arod is so poorly viewed you may be right on him as well. He'd be well served to stay involved in the game and win back popularity. He's certainly got time on his hands to change perceptions.

samosa4u 05-26-2017 09:50 AM

I do police eBay from time-to-time and contact those who are either trying to a) pass off a counterfeit as the real deal or b) lie about a card's condition (e.g. state that the card is in NM grade, but it has soft corners, stains, etc.) Majority of the replies I get back are usually friendly.

Leon 05-28-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1664471)
Still waiting for the day when I read one of these threads and realize I'm the moron...

Not today though ��

I did have to laugh at that one.....

bobbyw8469 05-29-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Head928 (Post 1664598)
Should probably inform all the sellers of Pete Rose items with HOF in the title that he is not in the hall of fame either.

He and Roger Maris don't need HOF in the title. Bidders bid as though they are.

philliesfan 05-29-2017 08:23 AM

Well at least give the guy credit for removing the auction and relisting without the HOF.

irishdenny 05-29-2017 10:58 AM

I Certainly mean No Disrespect...
Howevar, What evar happen'd to the Days of "OT"(Off Topic)?
It Seems to me that the Post War, Vintage, Classic, Shinny Stuff
Line has Slowly been move'd to take Ovar the Prewar Realm!

Mr. Bonds is Not a HoF'er & He assuredly is Not from the Prewar Era either...
Heck, Mr. Bonds isn't even Vintage! :confused:

"I wouldn't of Click'd on this Thread if it Read:"

OT: Anyone Know Who this Moron is Calling Mr. Bonds a HoF'er!?

Nuf Sed... :)

quinnsryche 05-29-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceM (Post 1664727)

God I hope you're right. I will lose what little respect I have left for the Hall if any of those cheatin' scum ever get in. I will say that at least Mac & Arod have admitted and apologized, not like those other 2 douche bags.

oldjudge 05-29-2017 12:25 PM

First, why would you be looking at Barry Bonds listings? Second, why does this annoy you enough to call someone a moron? Perhaps you need a second hobby to relieve the stress of this hobby.

Sean 05-29-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1665730)
Perhaps you need a second hobby to relieve the stress of this hobby.

I've felt this way too many times. :D

CobbSpikedMe 05-30-2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 (Post 1664623)
For the longest time, I honestly thought Hal Chase was a Hall of Famer, and didn't realize he wasn't until someone corrected one of my listings. I don't think that's the case with this guy :D

Chase was a HOF caliber first baseman in his time, but he just didn't care and lived it up like an ass sealing his fate as a non-HOF legend. He was damn good though.

AndyH

PowderedH2O 05-31-2017 01:12 PM

Barry Bonds was inducted into the Arizona State Sun Devil Athletics Hall of Fame in 1999. So, technically, he is a Hall of Famer.

The-Cardfather 06-02-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1665730)
First, why would you be looking at Barry Bonds listings? Second, why does this annoy you enough to call someone a moron? Perhaps you need a second hobby to relieve the stress of this hobby.

#1 - I wasn't looking at Barry Bonds listings, I was trying to look at HOF listings.

#2 - It didn't annoy me that he put up the listing. It annoyed me that he denied doing it (even though it was still on the listing - plain as day) and told ME to "get a life". So yes, it does annoy me when an eBay scammer tries to take advantage of those less informed.

#3 - Perhaps you're right about getting a second hobby to relieve my stress. In fact, just reading your comment is beginning to stress me out. Hmmmn....does beating the crap out of smug, deceitful morons qualify as a hobby?

Sean 06-02-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cardfather (Post 1666931)
Hmmmn....does beating the crap out of smug, deceitful morons qualify as a hobby?

No, it's more of a calling.

frankbmd 06-02-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1666997)
No, it's more of a calling.

Yeah, let's start another thread with a new moron.:D