Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long currently for PSA to enter order into their system? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=250510)

bobbyw8469 03-07-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbeachley (Post 1755142)
Logged in 2 weeks is one thing. Not logged in after 2 months is worse.

They are both equally bad....long wait times means to me that PSA has more business than they can handle, and they would probably be well suited to hire more people.

Jobu 03-07-2018 03:08 PM

My 10-day order was received 2/22 and still hasn't been logged in (3/7). With the constantly increasing fees you'd think they could hire some more people.

Republicaninmass 03-07-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 1755193)
My 10-day order was received 2/22 and still hasn't been logged in (3/7). With the constantly increasing fees you'd think they could hire some more people.

As of yesterday, they are logging 10 days from 2/12

egbeachley 03-10-2018 10:07 PM

Jan Special received by PSA on 02/05 and logged 03/07. Getting worried because I want to receive them before the National. Total 168 cards.

Aquarian Sports Cards 03-11-2018 04:33 AM

express order submitted 3/2 logged in 3/7

NYYFan63 03-11-2018 05:01 AM

My buddy submitted (2) 10 day turnaround cards at the Philly Show last weekend and he received an email indicating they were processed either Friday or Saturday. Sounds like they may be improving their turnaround times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsaddict 03-11-2018 05:50 AM

Not to be confused with the 50 day group sub entered 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Bobby called early Feb and was told “probably” next week. That group sub just keeps getting put on the bottom of current orders?

bobbyw8469 03-11-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsaddict (Post 1756304)
Not to be confused with the 50 day group sub entered 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Bobby called early Feb and was told “probably” next week. That group sub just keeps getting put on the bottom of current orders?

That group sub keeps getting tossed to the bottom...and it's a pretty big order (over 150 cards and over $1,000 in grading fees).....not sure what to make of the whole ordeal.

hcv123 03-11-2018 06:35 AM

Not only are their times WAY OFF.......

Last sub received by them 02/22 - not logged yet. They are majorly screwing up identification and grading:

Last subs received back:
2 1968 discs holdered as 1967's
2 1967 discs received graded authentic (properly) - 5 others (in separate sub) received back as "no spec"
1 postcard and 1 regional issue - part of set registry sent back ungraded as "no spec"
Topps super proofs from 1970 and 1971 sent back graded authentic as regular super's - HOLY %#$# - you would think after needing to wait almost a couple of months for 5 and 10 day submissions they would at least get the grading right - not to mention 3 similar items that my 9 and 11 year old can look at and see as clearly different condition, graded within 1 point of each other. I also believe they creased a couple of cards, but have no "before" scans to prove it.

Still waiting for a response from customer service person who submitted
to their "research" department(that has now been a few weeks).

Santo10Fan 03-18-2018 09:34 PM

Sent in a slabbed card for regrade/reholder. System says received 2/26/18. Sent email 3/10 to check status. No response/no update. I need to call tomorrow 3/19 anyways to now try to combine return shipping with a show submission. Hoping for some type of estimate on turnaround times.

swarmee 03-19-2018 04:46 AM

PSA within the last week just updated all their expected delivery days. 10 days went to 30, 45 days went to 65. So they are still slammed. Maybe they shouldn't have moved buildings. They should have just made a new one and kept both running.

Jenx34 03-19-2018 01:13 PM

Heard today they were opening boxes delivered on 2/12.

ccre 03-20-2018 12:23 PM

I called and was just told they are working on 2/23 deliveries! Ha! I guess they will say anything.

Aquarian Sports Cards 03-20-2018 12:36 PM

I dropped off a Fleer showcase Brady rookie at Philly Show, it's on its way back now.

bobbyw8469 03-20-2018 12:43 PM

Different strokes for different folks. No rhyme or reason apparently.

Johnny630 03-20-2018 12:54 PM

I submitted 6 cards for reholder at the Winter White Plains Show. Still have not received them back yet.

All my future grading business will go to SGC.

megalimey 03-20-2018 12:56 PM

Amen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1744703)
PSA must not be facing any significant competition is my take on things. People would rather wait a long time for PSA grades than use the other services.

AMEN PSA dominates the market
I live 20 minutes from SGC Florida in Boca, same guy who greets you when you walk in sometimes is the same guy as the "Grader" if you have a question , the Facility is surprisingly quite small , I am sure if you went out back , same guy may be also packing orders and maybe taking out the trash.
Lower overhead ,normally equates to lower a quality product .

Jobu 03-20-2018 01:04 PM

My 10-day order was delivered on 2/22. Still not checked in.

Johnny630 03-20-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalimey (Post 1759290)
I live 20 minutes from SGC Florida in Boca, same guy who greets you when you walk in sometimes is the same guy as the "Grader" if you have a question , the Facility is surprisingly quite small , I am sure if you went out back , same guy may be also packing orders and maybe taking out the trash.

Thats funny!

steve B 03-21-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalimey (Post 1759290)

No, it's not funny at all.

As someone who has almost always worked for small businesses, and who has done high quality work, I think it's really offensive.

What I do think is lousy work is not planning well enough or at all for a move, missing due dates on work by well over a month, not getting things right a lot, and apparently taking the customer service (Disservice?) position of "just get over it"

Substandard in every way and yet some people just fall all over themselves for them.

megalimey 03-21-2018 11:17 AM

"NORMALLY" not always

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1759559)
No, it's not funny at all.

As someone who has almost always worked for small businesses, and who has done high quality work, I think it's really offensive.

What I do think is lousy work is not planning well enough or at all for a move, missing due dates on work by well over a month, not getting things right a lot, and apparently taking the customer service (Disservice?) position of "just get over it"

Substandard in every way and yet some people just fall all over themselves for them.

I said "NORMALLY" not always , Mom and Pop Shops and small businesses were the back bone of this country, but times are a changing , as I said SGC are cheaper ,much quicker , sure their holders look like some thing out of Walmart , sure they have no cert look up , sure on Average the same card grade in a PSA holder gets a lesser price verses SGC "apples to apples"
and their customer service is excellent , obviously having 130% less submissions a month than PSA has a lot to do with it ,
100,000's thousands except PSA with all their pitfalls
could they improve absolutely , will they I doubt it
thank god SGC is ready to snap up the 100's of never using PSA again customers

cardsnstuff 03-21-2018 12:11 PM

So today, my 26 card 7 day order pops after a month and half {maybe 2} So if that's bad enough, many of which were beckett RCR 8/9; are now in PSA 6 holders. :rolleyes: :confused:

Thank you sir, may I have another............

steve B 03-21-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalimey (Post 1759573)
I said "NORMALLY" not always , Mom and Pop Shops and small businesses were the back bone of this country, but times are a changing , as I said SGC are cheaper ,much quicker , sure their holders look like some thing out of Walmart , sure they have no cert look up , sure on Average the same card grade in a PSA holder gets a lesser price verses SGC "apples to apples"
and their customer service is excellent , obviously having 130% less submissions a month than PSA has a lot to do with it ,
100,000's thousands except PSA with all their pitfalls
could they improve absolutely , will they I doubt it
thank god SGC is ready to snap up the 100's of never using PSA again customers

Anytime I go to a shop that's one of the modern high overhead palaces I know I'm not getting good service or pricing. But yeah, times are changing and a lot of them are closing.

Umm... Yeah....
Comcast and Verizon and BOA are market leaders too, and routinely rate in the bottom 10 nationwide. Maybe with some effort and longer delays PSA can crack that list.
I've never seen SGC cards in Wal-Mart, but have seen PSA cards there..... So their holder is quite literally "something from Wal-Mart"

Does PSA dust their holders with meth or something? The level of denial is pretty high with their "users"

(Not currently a big fan of any of the three grading companies.)

toledo_mudhen 03-22-2018 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1759591)
So today, my 26 card 7 day order pops after a month and half {maybe 2} So if that's bad enough, many of which were beckett RCR 8/9; are now in PSA 6 holders. :rolleyes: :confused:

Thank you sir, may I have another............

With Vintage cards - I have never had a good experience trying tp cross BGS/BVG over to either PSA or SGC

Republicaninmass 03-22-2018 04:52 AM

The few bvg I've tried have come back trimmed/ sheet cut

Slinger 03-24-2018 09:41 AM

Think that I just got lucky. Sent a 100 bulk.

Mailed Jan 16.
Logged in Feb 10.
Email with grades Mar 22.
Delivered Mar 26. (USPS prediction, it's already in town)

Wasn't expecting to see this package until May to be honest.

Johnny630 03-24-2018 10:29 AM

Sent a 2 day super express order in last week. Hope to have it back by Strongsville.

bobbyw8469 03-26-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Think that I just got lucky. Sent a 100 bulk.

Mailed Jan 16.
Logged in Feb 10.
Email with grades Mar 22.
Delivered Mar 26. (USPS prediction, it's already in town)

Wasn't expecting to see this package until May to be honest.
AGREED...you got lucky. Your sub is NOT the norm.

Jersey City Giants 03-26-2018 07:58 AM

still waiting for mine to get logged

Sent 2/23
Received 2/26 (8:24 AM)

Its a month later and it is not logged in their system yet.

calvindog 03-26-2018 08:10 AM

I can't use them anymore for all these reasons. I have registry sets I love but there's no way I'm sending out cards that are important to me which they can't even bother to acknowledge were received for weeks. Who does business like this? They run their business like it's a lemonade stand, not a public company. I'm frankly amazed that the directors and officers of the parent company don't step in and throw out whoever is in charge of PSA. I guess they are covering up their incompetence by being a leader in the field. But how would you like to be a shareholder and find out that they are missing out on a large amount of revenue because some putz in charge is too stupid to figure out how to hire a few more people?

bobbyw8469 03-26-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1761100)
I can't use them anymore for all these reasons. I have registry sets I love but there's no way I'm sending out cards that are important to me which they can't even bother to acknowledge were received for weeks. Who does business like this? They run their business like it's a lemonade stand, not a public company. I'm frankly amazed that the directors and officers of the parent company don't step in and throw out whoever is in charge of PSA. I guess they are covering up their incompetence by being a leader in the field. But how would you like to be a shareholder and find out that they are missing out on a large amount of revenue because some putz in charge is too stupid to figure out how to hire a few more people?

Well stated.

OldOriole 03-26-2018 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by calvindog View Post

Couldn't agree more.

insidethewrapper 03-26-2018 08:26 AM

With all the high-tech equipment and software available I can't believe someone has not started a grading company that can grade cards ( by using a laser etc for centering ), and it could be programmed to analyze size of card and review borders and corners etc. And you would get a written read out report with each card ( ie 54/46 centering, etc ). If a company came on the market like this I think it would blow the others away. Also the computer would not know who the owner of the card is , so it could be objective.

Slinger 03-26-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidethewrapper (Post 1761104)
With all the high-tech equipment and software available I can't believe someone has not started a grading company that can grade cards ( by using a laser etc for centering ), and it could be programmed to analyze size of card and review borders and corners etc. And you would get a written read out report with each card ( ie 54/46 centering, etc ). If a company came on the market like this I think it would blow the others away. Also the computer would not know who the owner of the card is , so it could be objective.

Sounds like a brilliant idea!

When this gets fired up, they would get 100% of my submissions.

calvindog 03-26-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

The PSA Registry is the only reason anyone submits to them -- which is what drives their card values higher. I can't think of any other good reason to submit to them: the Registry and higher prices received on Registry-type cards. What else does PSA offer?

ullmandds 03-26-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

not a new idea/concept...I kinda recall someone on this board working on such a project. The problem is getting people to take their cards that are already graded and come to this new service. Whats the benefit to them?

Slinger 03-26-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1761145)
not a new idea/concept...I kinda recall someone on this board working on such a project. The problem is getting people to take their cards that are already graded and come to this new service. Whats the benefit to them?

Include a registry with said new company?

Santo10Fan 03-26-2018 02:29 PM

Rosemont sports show direct submission, logged into system within one week (3/18-3/23). I'm not sure if that's the same as "package received" ping on a mail submission but I presume not. My mailed crossover submission-still no update after five weeks elapsed from package received. Gonna get on the horn to try and group the shipment. Maybe will help with the crossover status.

steve B 03-27-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinger (Post 1761182)
Include a registry with said new company?

SGC has one.

They were a bit late to the game, so most of the people into registry numbers were already working on PSA.
The SGC registry isn't as easy to use from what I hear. I'm on it, for a bit of fun, and adding stuff wasn't as easy as it could be. The reworking of it didn't help at all.

Anyone new has a hard road to get enough market share, especially in the registry stuff. And since that drives prices, it's even harder.

NYYFan63 03-27-2018 03:45 PM

My neighbor submitted 10 cards at the Philly Show on 3/3 and received the cards yesterday!! Amazing!

Republicaninmass 03-27-2018 05:06 PM

They are entering 10 day orders from 3/2 this week

bobbyw8469 03-27-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYYFan63 (Post 1761709)
My neighbor submitted 10 cards at the Philly Show on 3/3 and received the cards yesterday!! Amazing!

Not the norm. Buy a lottery ticket now.

NYYFan63 03-27-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1761757)
Not the norm. Buy a lottery ticket now.

Oh I agree

Johnny630 03-28-2018 04:22 AM

REGISTRY AND POP REPORT TWO BRILLIANT MARKETING TOOLS. They keyed in on two things that many collectors are obsessed about, competitiveness and money. Consistanly Imporperly grading cards also helps their revenue, they know people will PSA them back, Please Submit Again. How card a card on one submission be a 5, next month a 3, and the following a 7?

IMO these are the reasons PSA does not care. It's like people who buy awful looking cards in PSA Slabs just becuse they need the card. They care more about the grade, then the do the card. Until this ends, which looks like it never will because money is involed, things will remain the same over at Newport Beach.

ccre 03-28-2018 05:11 AM

My 10 day order which was received on 2/19 is in processing right now. However, I see they have now changed it to 30 business day order. I didn't think it could get worse but it did!

bswhiten 03-28-2018 05:52 AM

7 & 10 day

7 day order (15 items):
-Mailed to PSA: January 17
-PSA signed for: January 22
-Logged as received: February 3
-Email stating grades available: March 22

-6 of 15 grades mechanical errors (caught before shipped out)...still processing

They did say one of the items had to go to the research dept. so that added time, but I couldn't believe almost half mechanical errors on the flip.

10 day order (3 items):
-Mailed to PSA: February 4
-PSA signed for: February 7
-Logged as received: March 3
Still processing

To say they are busy and overwhelmed with submissions is an understatement.

glynparson 03-28-2018 06:56 AM

They are still very slow to enter bulk

I have two bulk orders that have both been there over a month and niether one is entered as received. Good thing they are things I am not overly concerned with getting back anytime soon. I have noticed an improvement on getting higher service level orders processed.

bobbyw8469 03-28-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynparson (Post 1761881)
I have two bulk orders that have both been there over a month and niether one is entered as received. Good thing they are things I am not overly concerned with getting back anytime soon. I have noticed an improvement on getting higher service level orders processed.

That is ridiculous.

Jenx34 03-28-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagrotn77 (Post 1741962)
Business, like everything else in life, is about setting expectations. And PSA does not do a good job of this. If my business were backlogged because of a major move, I would send out a mass email to my customers alerting them that there will be delays and apologizing for any inconvenience. My goodness, this is Business 101. Instead, they act it's business as usual and make you wait 45 minutes if you want to speak to someone in customer service. I just don't get it.

I agree 100%. It wouldn't kill them to offer future vouchers or discounts for those affected beyond a certain point.

They probably understand the flow to the point they aren't having graders sit on their hands or going home early because orders aren't getting entered. And I get that graders can only work so many hours and be able to focus well enough to do the job right. And from the inconsistencies we have all been seeing, maybe they are pushing them beyond an ideal point. Or maybe that job is so freaking boring, graders just get in a daze after an hour or two. I know I have to take breaks when I am going through a stack of cards I am listing on Ebay.

It just sounds as if they need more graders and quality ones. I wish we could tell what steps they have taken. But that would go back to your original thought of communicating with their customers, which isn't happening. The only communication is the notice that they extended the process time for most of their services.

That kind of management doesn't help the confidence of their investors, ergo their stock price either.

Republicaninmass 03-28-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccre (Post 1761852)
My 10 day order which was received on 2/19 is in processing right now. However, I see they have now changed it to 30 business day order. I didn't think it could get worse but it did!

How can you tell? Just going by the new terms posted?