Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cheer up, men (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247354)

baztacula 11-10-2017 10:54 AM

Cheer up, men

1 Attachment(s)
This has been a tough month for men, with all of the allegations of wrongdoing while in the presence of women and girls. While many of the stories are shocking, some are a bit more subtle but the ramifications could be just as huge. A memory of an embarrassing or traumatic moment a decade earlier could fester in the mind of a young lady, causing irreparable harm.

The point of this post isn't to lay all the blame on men. While we are an imperfect gender, it must be pointed out that often it is women who are guilty of destroying the dreams and aspirations of the generations of young ladies who look to them for guidance and strength. Take for instance Julia Ruth Stevens, the daughter of Babe Ruth. Her famous father has made it possible for Mrs. Stevens to travel the nation, throwing out first pitches while basking in the spotlight of ceremonies and applause. You would think this privilege would inspire her to present her best self, as she came to the realization that she was a role model for girls all over this great land. Well sadly, that isn't the case.

The following photos tell a story. It is a sad story that develops over the course of only 4 seconds. That is all it took for Julia Ruth Stevens to completely shatter the hopes and dreams of one innocent girl.

baztacula 11-10-2017 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Julia takes the "mound" which has been adjusted to ten feet, six inches. While the distance is a full 50 feet shorter than regulation, the fans don’t appear to notice. For those who may notice, they seem not to care.

Leon 11-10-2017 10:59 AM

I am guessing the ball didn't make it to the plate?

mechanicalman 11-10-2017 11:00 AM

What's the point of this?

baztacula 11-10-2017 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A young girl in the crowd emerges from her seat, perhaps at the behest of her mother, to get a better view of the historic moment. She confidently rises. It is a moment of celebration, a moment of female pride.

baztacula 11-10-2017 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The excited girl, filled with wonder and a sense of invincibility, stands at full attention to soak in the moment she hopes to share vicariously through Mrs. Stevens.

Stonepony 11-10-2017 11:03 AM

I've been on this thread for 10 minutes trying to figure where it's going...the women is a zillion years old. Surely your not going to denigrate her?!?!

baztacula 11-10-2017 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The baseball leaves Julia's hand at an unusual trajectory but the young fan remains hopeful. This is Babe Ruth's daughter. It is basically The Sultan of Swat but in a strong, capable, feminine body. What could go wrong?

baztacula 11-10-2017 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The ball weakly falls to the ground after traveling approximately 5'6".

baztacula 11-10-2017 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As the ball slowly rolls the rest of the way into the catcher's glove, the girl, obviously a shell of her former self, stands powerlessly in front of her seat, trying to rationalize what she just witnessed. "Is it impressive for a person to throw a ball the distance of her own height? Perhaps it is similar to an individual who can bench press his or her own weight," she mutters to herself. No it isn't. And she knows this. She also knows her life will never be the same. She has to live out the rest of her days with the memory of a horror burned into her young brain… a memory she can never unsee.

baztacula 11-10-2017 11:08 AM

So cheer up men, we aren't the only ones crushing female dreams.

Stonepony 11-10-2017 11:09 AM

Well you did it... now who is the cad?

parkerj33 11-10-2017 11:13 AM

I get that this is a tongue-in-cheek exaggeration and attribution of feelings to a young girl that very likely never occurred to her. But I am at a loss to see the point of what you are saying here.

conor912 11-10-2017 11:58 AM

Leon 11-10-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 1718728)

Let's don't start that again!! Otherwise was surprised the OP went there. :eek:

KMayUSA6060 11-10-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkerj33 (Post 1718712)
I get that this is a tongue-in-cheek exaggeration and attribution of feelings to a young girl that very likely never occurred to her. But I am at a loss to see the point of what you are saying here.

+1 :confused:

darwinbulldog 11-10-2017 12:13 PM

I think we all get that it was tongue-in-cheek, but the essence of the comedy depends on there being an apt analogy between men who have disappointed humanity via sexual assault and an old woman who might in theory have disappointed some fans by not being, in her old age, as good an athlete as her father once was. The reason it isn't funny (whereas other jokes about taboo topics frequently are) is that the analogy is too strained.

Take that as the advice of a pitching coach. Maybe you'll reach the plate with your next one.

baztacula 11-10-2017 12:18 PM

I see references to the "old lady" and a woman who is "a zillion years old." I didn't expect you guys to be bigoted ageists. Sad!

darwinbulldog 11-10-2017 12:22 PM

On second thought, maybe you can DH or something.

DHogan 11-10-2017 12:30 PM

Google is your friend.

1952boyntoncollector 11-10-2017 12:50 PM

nice card...

Paul S 11-10-2017 01:21 PM

GAI opening back up on Monday!

timn1 11-10-2017 06:31 PM

sorry, but

Wtf?

oldjudge 11-10-2017 06:44 PM

This is one of the stupidest threads ever to appear on this chat board-no small accomplishment

cardinalcollector 11-10-2017 07:00 PM

Sorry, I just had to do it:

Mr. Baztacula, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent posts were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this chat room is now dumber for having read it.

Stolen and revised from Billy Madison

ALR-bishop 11-10-2017 07:10 PM

It is also déjà vu all over again. He has done this whole routine before. Might have been CU. Got everyone riled up insulting the older woman for having a "poor arm ". Maybe looking for attention and controversy. But the intro is a little different this time.

Bat- you need a new topic or routine

Bliggity 11-10-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1718884)
Mr. Baztacula, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent posts were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this chat room is now dumber for having read it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

scooter729 11-10-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1718888)
It is also déjà vu all over again. He has done this whole routine before. Might have been CU. Got everyone riled up insulting the older woman for having a "poor arm ". Maybe looking for attention and controversy. But the intro is a little different this time.

Bat- you need a new topic or routine

Yep, I knew I've heard this pathetic attempt at humor before - bombed in 2015, bombed again now....

samosa4u 11-10-2017 09:09 PM

Baztacula, were you high when you started this thread?

barrysloate 11-11-2017 04:22 AM

She's 101. That's an accomplishment.

obcbobd 11-11-2017 06:36 AM

Stupidest post ever

iowadoc77 11-11-2017 06:41 AM

Well, that’s 10 minutes of my life I can never get back.
Things that make you go hmmmmm

baztacula 11-11-2017 01:17 PM

1,388 views within 24 hours for the "Stupidest post ever."

Not bad!

Also, whenever you hear the name Julia Ruth Stevens and maybe even the name of Babe Ruth himself, you will have no choice but to think of me. Like it or not, I am inside all of your heads... FOREVER :p

oldjudge 11-11-2017 01:23 PM

True, Ruth as a great player, his daughter as a very old woman, and you as a douche bag.

Leon 11-11-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baztacula (Post 1719077)

Not bad!

Also, whenever you hear the name Julia Ruth Stevens and maybe even the name of Babe Ruth himself, you will have no choice but to think of me. Like it or not, I am inside all of your heads... FOREVER :p

I can assure you, that situation was forgotten about last time by almost everyone, including me. Let this be fair warning that starting anymore threads which look to only stir the pot will be dealt with accordingly. If you want to participate on this forum in a friendly and positive manner, then great. If you start threads only for attention, or to rile people up, your time here will be short lived. Happy collecting....

CurtisFlood 11-11-2017 03:51 PM

What in the name of Cadberry Chocolates was this all about?

cardinalcollector 11-11-2017 03:54 PM

Just a troll that comes by every couple of years.

Klrdds 11-11-2017 05:57 PM

I read this post twice .
Once last night having no glasses of wine and tonight with 3 glasses of wine watching Auburn / GA game ....and I still don't understand it !!!

orly57 11-11-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Not bad!

That's does it. I'm selling my 1949 Leaf Julia Ruth Stevens card so that I never have to think of this post again.

The-Cardfather 11-12-2017 04:58 AM

Quote:

Not bad!

Baztacula,

You may want to seriously consider seeking professional help. (I'm not saying this "tongue-in-cheek." I am quite serious.)

Bobsbats 11-12-2017 03:41 PM

Leon,

Please show him to the pit of Misery....Dilly Dilly!

vintagebaseballcardguy 11-12-2017 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I can sum up this thread for you with one word...Nothing!

Snapolit1 11-12-2017 04:27 PM

Glanced at it and wish I could get back the 9 brain cells I just killed. A disturbed guy who needs to go back on his medication pronto.

baztacula 11-13-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1719085)
I can assure you, that situation was forgotten about last time by almost everyone, including me. Let this be fair warning that starting anymore threads which look to only stir the pot will be dealt with accordingly. If you want to participate on this forum in a friendly and positive manner, then great. If you start threads only for attention, or to rile people up, your time here will be short lived. Happy collecting....

It's like I dropped into some alternate reality here. Whose "pot" gets "stirred" by mentioning Julia Ruth Stevens?? And if that name is a trigger to some people, how would I even know that ahead of time? The responses in this thread are verging on the ludicrous. I've been called a "douche bag", "mentally ill" and "stupid"! Then Leon admonishes ME for being in the wrong!

One question: Is the mentioning of "Julia Ruth Stevens" in real life the equivalent to uttering the words "Niagara Falls" in a 1940s comedy sketch??

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FftR9m90h...I%2BTurned.jpg

"JULIA RUTH STEVENS!! Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP1OBZfFK0

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HE2QbSk7Vy...turned%2B3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KpsUlvzbkk

The over-the-top reaction to this thread is truly amusing. I also love the mob mentality that has taken over all rational thought. My post was 100% comedic commentary, not to be taken seriously. It's obvious.

You wanna know the truth? The only people who respond to posts on this site now are the angry, hateful people. Many of the nice people have left. The friendly ones who remain send private messages, thanking me for the laughs and tell me to ignore the vitriol. The good guys are simply afraid to post here because they don't want to incur the inevitable wrath.

Just to be clear, I think Mrs. Stevens is a wonderful lady. She just isn't great at throwing a baseball. And I would feel safer in a room with her over Kevin Spacey or George H. W. Bush.

Move this thread to another section if it is that controversial, Leon. Do you have a "Safe Space" section on this site? Wow!

Forever Young 11-13-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baztacula (Post 1719659)
It's like I dropped into some alternate reality here. Whose "pot" gets "stirred" by mentioning Julia Ruth Stevens?? And if that name is a trigger to some people, how would I even know that ahead of time? The responses in this thread are verging on the ludicrous. I've been called a "douche bag", "mentally ill" and "stupid"! Then Leon admonishes ME for being in the wrong!

One question: Is the mentioning of "Julia Ruth Stevens" in real life the equivalent to uttering the words "Niagara Falls" in a 1940s comedy sketch??

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FftR9m90h...I%2BTurned.jpg

"JULIA RUTH STEVENS!! Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP1OBZfFK0

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HE2QbSk7Vy...turned%2B3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KpsUlvzbkk

The over-the-top reaction to this thread is truly amusing. I also love the mob mentality that has taken over all rational thought. My post was 100% comedic commentary, not to be taken seriously. It's obvious.

You wanna know the truth? The only people who respond to posts on this site now are the angry, hateful people. Many of the nice people have left. The friendly ones who remain send private messages, thanking me for the laughs and tell me to ignore the vitriol. The good guys are simply afraid to post here because they don't want to incur the inevitable wrath.

Just to be clear, I think Mrs. Stevens is a wonderful lady. She just isn't great at throwing a baseball. And I would feel safer in a room with her over Kevin Spacey or George H. W. Bush.

Move this thread to another section if it is that controversial, Leon. Do you have a "Safe Space" section on this site? Wow!

You think you are smart smart. :p

Leon 11-13-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baztacula (Post 1719659)

I was going to respond with something but in retrospect my last post petty much summed it up. And thanks for letting us know who posts anymore, we were sort of wondering? Please continue :)

h2oya311 11-13-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsbats (Post 1719366)
Leon,

Please show him to the pit of Misery....Dilly Dilly!

one of my favorite commercials! Very nice post, sir!

Snapolit1 11-13-2017 02:18 PM

So I guess this is just some trolling jerk who posts very elaborate juvenile stuff about women and old ladies and then when people tell him what an idiot he is he invokes political hot button nonsense like "safe spaces."

I'm sure this is one of 20 places he posts the same inane drivel, which has no purpose other than to have people tell him how stupid it is and then he can involve the same idiotic responses.

Got it. Very original. The Internet needs more guys like you.

Sean 11-13-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1719678)
I was going to respond with something but in retrospect my last post petty much summed it up. And thanks for letting us know who posts anymore, we were sort of wondering? Please continue :)

No, please stop.

ALR-bishop 11-13-2017 03:37 PM

I think he just needs to wait another two years and post it yet again. Third time could be everyone will finally appreciate his subtle humor and give him his due.