Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My Snapshot Collection Is Now Up For Viewing! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346410)

Lucas00 02-16-2024 07:09 PM

My Snapshot Collection Is Now Up For Viewing!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody, I have been collecting snapshot (fan photos) for several years now and decided I wanted to digitize them. So I figured why not at the same time have them viewable for anybody to see. Many of these I have acquired from you all on n54.
Special thanks to Gary Scamehorn and Chris Counts, They are heavy influences that helped me a ton.

Currently I have them listed alphabetically so it is a bit wacky and can go from a 1925 shot to 1975. Grammar and titles are far from perfect as it is still heavily a WiP. But I wanted to make it viewable right now.

There are still many star players who elude me, in particular I'm bothered not having a nice one of Hank Aaron in Milwaukee as he's one of my favorite players. So if you have any nice hofer snaps for sale that I don't have, please reach out :).

Check it out here and let me know your favorite(s): https://imageevent.com/lucas00/snapshotcollection
Thank you!

skelly423 02-16-2024 07:49 PM

Awesome stuff Lucas. Snapshots feel like an underrated hobby niche that has really been taking off lately.

nebboy 02-16-2024 07:58 PM

Now that’s a KOOL collection! Thanks for sharing.

71buc 02-16-2024 08:34 PM

Nice, I like the Monte Irvin. Where’s Roberto?

Lucas00 02-16-2024 09:05 PM

Thank you for the nice words so far Sean, John and Mike. Unfortunately Roberto is still on my need list, only have seen a couple of him come up for sale since my collection began and they all went for really really strong prices. Aaron, Clemente, Koufax, the list goes on. One day!!

horzverti 02-16-2024 09:36 PM

Great collection. Thanks for sharing

Chris Counts 02-16-2024 10:19 PM

What a wonderful display of snapshots Lucas! I see a few that once resided in my collection, besides the one of Red playing for the Red Wings in 1943 (not 1944). I like the diverse mix of players and scenes and majors and minors and even kids playing ball. Snapshots do such amazing job of capturing baseball in the mid-20th century. If you are ever up for a trade, let me know.

WillowGrove 02-16-2024 11:18 PM

Thanks for posting Lucas! It was a lot of fun scrolling and trying to guess the players.

I remember a dealer at the natty had albums full of mostly autographed snapshots from the 70s and I think he said it came from one woman's collection. I wish I bought more. Maybe some of yours came from that collection?

Regardless, great collection!

Scott Garner 02-17-2024 04:37 AM

Hi Lucas.
Absolutely an amazing collection!!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Congrats!

Mark70Z 02-17-2024 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Garner (Post 2413627)
Hi Lucas.
Absolutely an amazing collection!!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Congrats!

Lucas,

So COOL! Thanks so much for sharing. Really enjoyed scrolling through the snapshots. They have definitely gained popularity since I started collecting.

Tough to pick a favorite, but really liked the Astros Griffin and Dierker that are signed by both. Awesome shot of the two in the old school jerseys.

Baseballcrazy62 02-17-2024 07:05 AM

Awesome collection. I think snapshots are sometimes cooler than cards!

pherbener 02-17-2024 07:18 AM

Thanks so much for sharing those Lucas. Those are great! I LOVE The Matty one!!

LEHR 02-17-2024 07:24 AM

Lucas,

You have a great snapshot collection.
In a lot of ways I like snapshots better that the photos taken by news agencies or famous photographer's just because they feel so much more personal and less staged; or more intimate and less grand.

My only question would be: why are you selling those great Willie Mays snapshots? Don't you need those?:confused::D

Lucas00 02-17-2024 07:57 AM

Wow,
Thanks everyone very much for the nice words! I will reply to folks with any questions or comments as best as I can. If I don't reply just know your nice words mean just as much to me.

Chris, I appreciate the nice words. I really enjoy getting minor leaguers when I can, glad you enjoy the variety 😀. I will definitely let you know if I get some trade bait. Didn't know Red was for sure '43 that makes it just that much better to me.

Peter, I got a good few from a friend who got them from a lady that worked in a spring training hotel in the early-mid 70s, possibly the same collection but I'm not sure. Thank you for the nice words!

Mark, I am a big fan of the Griffin/Dierker combo as well, very brotherly feeling shot. It was a big contender to be the thumbnail on my site.

Paul H, Glad you enjoy Matty, he's one of my few dead ballers,for the record I'm quite certain it's a 1920s-1930s type 2 and not 1950s. The stamp design on the back is a very old design I've never seen in the 50s. Hopefully I can add more old schoolers in the future.

Paul L, I couldn't agree more, snaps to me really tell stories so much better than news photos, makes your imagination go into overdrive. As for Mays, I have about 6-7 of him and don't need so many 😂. My ultimate goal is 1-2 of each player I really like, with some exceptions.

Snapolit1 02-17-2024 09:52 AM

Awesome collection.

Not trying to pick a fight with my registry card friends, but this to me is what collecting is all about. Selecting what you like, making decisions, putting yourself in the creation process, and making something that no one else has. Not a race or a contest one "wins". A collection.

Bravo.

Lucas00 02-17-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2413695)
Awesome collection.

Not trying to pick a fight with my registry card friends, but this to me is what collecting is all about. Selecting what you like, making decisions, putting yourself in the creation process, and making something that no one else has. Not a race or a contest one "wins". A collection.

Bravo.

Cheers Steve, I've had a great time with it!

doug.goodman 02-17-2024 07:01 PM

Fantastic stuff.

Made to choose a favorite, I'm going with Connie... Johnson

Lucas00 02-17-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2413828)
Fantastic stuff.

Made to choose a favorite, I'm going with Connie... Johnson

Very cool choice Doug. It's a "rookie" shot of Connie Based on the zipper which was not used past 1953. Even cooler it is signed on the back. Also I remember reading a really cool quote of Connies I will attach as well. Connie would've been 18 pitching in 1941 based on his December birthday. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8ab26595d8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...49e4798b50.jpg

Swadewade51 02-18-2024 11:52 AM

Awesome stuff Lucas!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jingram058 02-18-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2413695)
Awesome collection.

Bravo.

What he said, +1. I've never seen a baseball snapshot collection like that before. Not even close. Wow factor.

Lucas00 02-18-2024 03:50 PM

Thanks Wade! Your photo collection is coming along great, and swiftly at that.

And thank you James, but mine is nothing compared to a few guys here. Hopefully one day Gary can get his collection shown. Which is easily probably 5x more volume than mine. And definitely more impressive with rookie year hofers.

doug.goodman 02-18-2024 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas00 (Post 2413832)
Very cool choice Doug. It's a "rookie" shot of Connie Based on the zipper which was not used past 1953. Even cooler it is signed on the back. Also I remember reading a really cool quote of Connies I will attach as well. Connie would've been 18 pitching in 1941 based on his December birthday.

Wow! That's even better!

GoCubsGo32 02-18-2024 08:55 PM

Way to go Lucas, congrats! Awesome collection & website!
Love the Collins, Jackie, Smokey Wood, all the Red snaps & those early color snapshot photos of the 1949 Stl Cards. Very cool!
Cheers man!

mainemule 02-19-2024 09:17 AM

Those were fun to look at!!

As a Ted collector I loved the Ted in his car!

Note, as I am sure this was an oversight- 163 is Tony Perez (not Tony Gonzalez) ;)

Lucas00 02-19-2024 01:00 PM

Tyvm Gary! Definitely some stellar choices imo as well.

Definitely an oversight Scott, just fixed Tony. Happy you like Ted in his car, looks like he's headed to the stadium in traffic.

ejharrington 02-24-2024 02:24 PM

My favorite is of Strawberry; brings back memories!

Lordstan 02-24-2024 03:20 PM

Great stuff Lucas. My favorite is the Matty.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Tapatalk

Lucas00 02-24-2024 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejharrington (Post 2415156)
My favorite is of Strawberry; brings back memories!

Thanks Ej! Looks like a little league game with the crowd of about 25 or so haha.

Lucas00 02-24-2024 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstan (Post 2415170)
Great stuff Lucas. My favorite is the Matty.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Tapatalk

Cheers Mark, one of mine as well. Really nice stadium background as well.