Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ISA Grading company ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256283)

Ribbens 06-14-2018 09:55 AM

ISA Grading company ?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone help me ID this ISA Grading company ? Is it defunct legit ? I see this Jackie Robinson card graded by that company and wondering if it is legit. Thanks

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-14-2018 10:45 AM

Man I didn't think you could stump me on goofball grading companies. Congrats!

x2drich2000 06-14-2018 10:55 AM

Not new, but if you dig around, not exactly high praises either. Here's an old thread http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=121462 and from CU https://forums.collectors.com/discus...raded-cards/p1

DJ

lowpopper 06-14-2018 01:56 PM

Isa

I have successfully graded cards in ISA holders with PSA and SGC.

That does not mean they are all good, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Even CSA slabbed legit cards on occasion. I had a 56 Clemente CSA 7 go to an SGC 84 and I even had a 53 Johnny Podres CSA 7 go to a PSA 7.5

I don’t remember the specific cards I had from ISA but I did crack a few out and get the same grade from the other guys. Good luck

CobbSpikedMe 06-14-2018 05:51 PM

8 years ago I saw an ad for ISA grading and it annoyed me so much that I wrote about it on my blog at the time. Here is a link.

They made 4 mistakes in the ad and I couldn't believe they would send the ad to print with these mistakes. Shortly after I posted it I saw another ad, it was the same ad, but with corrections to all 4 issues I had with it. Anyway, I'll never forget ISA grading for this reason. I don't know if they are still in business or not, but I did believe they were genuinely trying to start a reputable grading company. I would trust the cards in their holders are legit. Whether the grades are accurate or not I don't know, you'll have to decide that on your own.

I must admit that even in my blog post, I made a couple mistakes, but I wasn't advertising a new company that's whole business is to examine things for flaws.

calvindog 06-14-2018 06:09 PM

You should presume that if it's in an ISA holder it couldn't get into a PSA or SGC holder, no matter how much the seller lies to the contrary.

CMIZ5290 06-14-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1786752)
You should presume that if it's in an ISA holder it couldn't get into a PSA or SGC holder, no matter how much the seller lies to the contrary.

Really? Not sticking up for ISA, I could care less, know nothing about them. Having said that, I bought an SBC graded T206 years ago for a dirt cheap price, the card was centered and looked great. The card crossed over to an SGC 96 at the National several years ago (Thanks SBassik). The lesson? Buy the freaking card, not the holder....

Peter_Spaeth 06-14-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1786755)
Really? Not sticking up for ISA, I could care less, know nothing about them. Having said that, I bought an SBC graded T206 years ago for a dirt cheap price, the card was centered and looked great. The card crossed over to an SGC 96 at the National several years ago (Thanks SBassik). The lesson? Buy the freaking card, not the holder....

SBC was the direct predecessor of SGC. Possibly the first company to grade cards. Not a fly by night knockoff company.

CMIZ5290 06-14-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1786758)
SBC was the direct predecessor of SGC. Possibly the first company to grade cards. Not a fly by night knockoff company.

Yes they were, but their graded cards are treated like they have the plague....

CMIZ5290 06-14-2018 06:33 PM

Also, having said that, I remember when GAI graded cards were blowing PSA cards out of the water when they first came out...

Peter_Spaeth 06-14-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1786760)
Yes they were, but their graded cards are treated like they have the plague....

Well Joe never cared about centering, and may not have been the best at spotting altered cards, but to the best of my knowledge he wasn't knowingly slabbing bad stuff or overgrading.

CobbSpikedMe 06-14-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

This sounds like there should be more to this post. Did you have a bad experience, or know folks that did, with ISA? Not saying you're wrong, but this is a pretty all or nothing statement about them.

Peter_Spaeth 06-14-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1786761)
Also, having said that, I remember when GAI graded cards were blowing PSA cards out of the water when they first came out...

Very early GAI was good. No question. I don't know how it went so far south, although I have a guess.

murphy8276 06-15-2018 05:31 AM

I have successfully cracked an ISA 6 Bird Magic RC to a PSA 7.

It was my only experience with ISA so far.

toledo_mudhen 06-15-2018 05:53 AM

Looks like they have sold the company.

https://www.sportsauthentication.com/

Still using ISA Flips - I have been to their original site in the past as Probstein seems to end up with a fair share of their slabs.

Yoda 06-15-2018 11:01 AM

Is PRO still in the business? Their cards still occasionally seem to pop up.

Leon 06-19-2018 03:46 PM

Lol
Quote:

you should presume that if it's in an isa holder it couldn't get into a psa or sgc holder, no matter how much the seller lies to the contrary.

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-19-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1786911)
Is PRO still in the business? Their cards still occasionally seem to pop up.

I don't think any of the old fly-by-night companies are left. I guess it depends on how you feel about KSA in Canada.

Anyone else see the laughable "Treasure Detectives" on MSNBC where they investigate a Wagner. The only company the guy would use for authentication was ACA. Supposedly because they're the only ones who would let him stay with the card during the grading process. The guy from ACA actually had the balls to appear on the show too!

It's so obviously a fake the participants in the show have to really stretch to create any suspense.