Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To whomever won the brother to this RPPC (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=247406)

Leon 11-11-2017 08:04 AM

To whomever won the brother to this RPPC

2 Attachment(s)
congrats. I thought my snipe of over $100 more than I paid for this one would have been enough. I guess not :eek:. This link and this postcard are 2 different pictures from the same game. The one in the link is the bottom one. The top one is the one I own.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baseball-Ac...p2047675.l2557

ullmandds 11-11-2017 08:18 AM

cool...it looks like the 2 images were taken one after the next.

slidekellyslide 11-11-2017 08:30 AM

I’ll bet the bidders going after that card are more interested in it being White, South Dakota than they are in it being a baseball rppc.

Leon 11-11-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1718999)
I’ll bet the bidders going after that card are more interested in it being White, South Dakota than they are in it being a baseball rppc.

The underbidder wasn't.

and btw, if you or anyone you know got the NSP bevy of cards a few weeks ago, I got two outliers by accident. I would be willing to sell them to whomever won the rest, at cost.

slidekellyslide 11-11-2017 08:27 PM

I know the winner of that $225 card. He is solely interested in Lincoln, Nebraska postcards and not baseball. He is a local fella and my nemesis on eBay and at local auctions.

JollyElm 11-11-2017 08:38 PM

Postage was only a dollar in that auction. How freaking funny would it have been if he/she just popped a stamp on the postcard and mailed it out to the winner.

bnorth 11-11-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1718999)

Cool postcards. I was Pming with a member a week ago that will be a stone trow away from White SD for Thanksgiving.

Leon 11-12-2017 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1719187)
I know the winner of that $225 card. He is solely interested in Lincoln, Nebraska postcards and not baseball. He is a local fella and my nemesis on eBay and at local auctions.

So it was 2 guys that had other reasons for wanting "just the postcard". Him because he collects NE stuff and me because I had it's twin. I wonder if he won all of the Nebraska State Pen postcards a few weeks ago too? I got two of those ancillary postcards by accident as I "tried" to snipe all of them and got the least 2 I wanted. That was a royally poor plan by me.

steve B 11-12-2017 07:40 AM

They're displaying side by side for me. Either way, I think they were taken at a slightly different position and a small space of time apart.

If you put the one wit the caption on one line on the left they may give a nice 3-D effect seen through a stereo card viewer. The big outfits used special setups, but I can see a local photographer using two cameras a few feet apart and moving from one to the other.

Steve B

rjackson44 11-12-2017 08:07 AM

How cool leon

slidekellyslide 11-12-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1719227)
So it was 2 guys that had other reasons for wanting "just the postcard". Him because he collects NE stuff and me because I had it's twin. I wonder if he won all of the Nebraska State Pen postcards a few weeks ago too? I got two of those ancillary postcards by accident as I "tried" to snipe all of them and got the least 2 I wanted. That was a royally poor plan by me.

You can bet that if he and I are both bidding on a Lincoln postcard then it is rare. He’s a lot older than me though so I’m not going to bid crazy like he does to get a postcard because all I’ll be doing is just costing him more money. He bids to win. I don’t know know which ones he won but if you sniped and got two of them he probably wasn’t bidding on them. I know that one of them that was up for sale I found while the auctions were ongoing for a whole dollar at the antique mall. I’ve noticed new blood on eBay buying Lincoln cards.