Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Reds Threads" Uniform Exhibit (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253094)

Dave Grob 03-27-2018 02:37 PM

"Reds Threads" Uniform Exhibit

If you are beginning to plan your summer baseball travels, you may want to consider putting Cincinnati on the list. Not only will tickets be pretty easy to get for a game (unless it’s the Cubs or Cardinals as those have pretty much become Chicago and St. Louis home games as well), but the Reds HoF and Museum’s feature exhibit this year is devoted to uniforms. “RedsThreads” as it is titled, will not only feature a very comprehensive collection of Cincinnati uniforms from roughly the past 100 years, but the exhibit will also include uniforms from roughly 26 current and past major league teams. There will be stand -alone exhibits devoted to fabrics, one year styles/rare styles, and non-Cincinnati major league uniforms manufactured in Cincinnati (Goldsmith, MacGregor-Goldsmith, MacGregor) as well as others on the first floor.

Because of the size of this year’s display, this will be the first time the feature exhibit has extended up to the third floor. Here you will see contrasts and evolution between National League uniforms from the 1950s to the 1970s, a special section on uniforms and patches from 1976 (both leagues) as well as a nice grouping of All Star Game uniforms, featuring distinctive patches worn throughout the years.

Planning for this exhibit has been in the works for about a year. It opens on Thursday the 29th of March and will run well into the fall.

Dave Grob

Scott Garner 03-27-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Grob (Post 1761681)
If you are beginning to plan your summer baseball travels, you may want to consider putting Cincinnati on the list. Not only will tickets be pretty easy to get for a game (unless it’s the Cubs or Cardinals as those have pretty much become Chicago and St. Louis home games as well), but the Reds HoF and Museum’s feature exhibit this year is devoted to uniforms. “RedsThreads” as it is titled, will not only feature a very comprehensive collection of Cincinnati uniforms from roughly the past 100 years, but the exhibit will also include uniforms from roughly 26 current and past major league teams. There will be stand -alone exhibits devoted to fabrics, one year styles/rare styles, and non-Cincinnati major league uniforms manufactured in Cincinnati (Goldsmith, MacGregor-Goldsmith, MacGregor) as well as others on the first floor.

Because of the size of this year’s display, this will be the first time the feature exhibit has extended up to the third floor. Here you will see contrasts and evolution between National League uniforms from the 1950s to the 1970s, a special section on uniforms and patches from 1976 (both leagues) as well as a nice grouping of All Star Game uniforms, featuring distinctive patches worn throughout the years.

Planning for this exhibit has been in the works for about a year. It opens on Thursday the 29th of March and will run well into the fall.

Dave Grob

Thanks for posting the heads up, Dave!
I will absolutely make it a must see on my next business trip to Cincinnati.
I can't wait to check it out! ;):D:cool:

ooo-ribay 03-27-2018 10:03 PM

My first MLB game was Reds vs. Giants at Crosley. Mays, McCovey, Hart all homered. Giants fan for life.

Dave Grob 03-28-2018 06:05 AM

Reds Threads

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Garner (Post 1761774)
Thanks for posting the heads up, Dave!
I will absolutely make it a must see on my next business trip to Cincinnati.
I can't wait to check it out! ;):D:cool:

Scott,

Would love hear your feedback, and that from anyone else who may see the exhibit. One of the things fans will be able to do, is touch and compare fabrics from major league uniforms (1940s flannel, 1960s durene, 70s knit, current material). This is made possible by making use of period major league uniform pants.

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com

Dave Grob 03-28-2018 06:07 AM

Reds Threads

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1761832)
My first MLB game was Reds vs. Giants at Crosley. Mays, McCovey, Hart all homered. Giants fan for life.

Rob,

Both the New York Giants (1950s) and the Bay Area version (1970s) will be represented.

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com

roarfrom34 03-28-2018 06:07 AM

I would love to see photos from anyone who may visit this season!

Dave Grob 03-28-2018 06:25 AM

Reds Threads

Quote:

Originally Posted by roarfrom34 (Post 1761862)
I would love to see photos from anyone who may visit this season!

Pretty sure there is a 1970 Orioles road (uniform styles worn at Riverfront Stadium) within the 1970s section of the display.

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com

Dave Grob 03-29-2018 02:13 PM

Reds Threads

1 Attachment(s)
One of my favorite display cases at "Reds Threads"..

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com

Dave Grob 04-05-2018 08:08 PM

Reds Threads

Some nice video footage..

http://www.wlwt.com/article/reds-thr...forms/19632605

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com

rjackson44 04-06-2018 07:58 AM

ive been terrific

Dave Grob 05-10-2018 09:27 AM

Reds Threads

1 Attachment(s)
At least one visitor seemed pleased with the display.

Dave Grob

ooo-ribay 05-11-2018 06:03 AM

^^^^ That’s cool. I’m sure all who visit are pleased with the displays.

perezfan 05-11-2018 11:05 AM

Man, I wish I could get back there to see the exhibit. That '69 Doggie Flannel is calling my name!

That's so cool that Johnny Bench got to enjoy it. Did the Reds send you that pic, or were you there to snap it in-person? Either way, it looks incredible, Dave!

Dave Grob 05-11-2018 04:04 PM

Reds Threads

Mark,

As my luck goes, Bench was in town the day AFTER I left Cincinnati so I was not there to snap the pic in person. That particular case is one of my favorites in the exhibit.

Dave Grob

ksfarmboy 05-11-2018 04:07 PM

Great stuff Dave! That grey helmet has to be super rare.

icollectDCsports 05-11-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksfarmboy (Post 1775818)
Great stuff Dave! That grey helmet has to be super rare.

I noticed that, too. Dave -- any indication as to who wore the two helmets on the bottom left?

Scott Garner 05-12-2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Grob (Post 1775276)
At least one visitor seemed pleased with the display.

Dave Grob

Love it!

roarfrom34 05-12-2018 05:49 AM

Love It.....

Great Overall Display

ceckes23 05-14-2018 07:28 AM

Unfortunately, neither helmet give any indication of player attribution.