Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kruk's is selling fake card(s) on Ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254936)

conor912 05-11-2018 01:57 PM

Kruk's is selling fake card(s) on Ebay

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this card from Kruk's a few weeks ago. I had my doubts but have seen their ads in the hobby for years so figured they'd be legit. When I received it, it was obvious that the scans had been altered and the card was no good. It was clearly an aged reprint and sold as original. I confronted Kruk's and they offered no rebuttal, explaination or apology, just a "we'll issue a refund when we get the card back", which they did, (although they took their sweet ass time).

They just relisted it today. It looks like they altered the photo again to be less saturated. It already has a one bid. If the bidder is you, cancel immediately.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382459499518?ul_noapp=true

Below is a scan of the card in-hand.

G1911 05-11-2018 03:40 PM

Obvious fake, surprised a big seller would have that up. I’ve bought plenty of good material from them before

larrydavidfan33 05-11-2018 03:49 PM

How do we know its fake? Im new to cards and the fakes are scaring me

joshuanip 05-11-2018 03:53 PM

They probably are not kruk'd'cards. Its just not their specialty, if you see the other stuff they are selling.

Hxcmilkshake 05-11-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuanip (Post 1775812)
They probably are not kruk'd'cards. Its just not their specialty, if you see the other stuff they are selling.

Correcto. And they list a million items so I could see how they missed this...BUT how do they relist it again with no change to the description????

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

brianp-beme 05-11-2018 04:51 PM

Ouch. I have purchased preWW2 cards from Kruk with no issues in the past. I can see not spotting a fake card, but to relist it (with altered scans) after receiving it back because the authenticity was in question is definitely snaky at best.

Brian P, as in Arker

Peter_Spaeth 05-11-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianp-beme (Post 1775831)
Ouch. I have purchased preWW2 cards from Kruk with no issues in the past. I can see not spotting a fake card, but to relist it (with altered scans) after receiving it back because the authenticity was in question is definitely snaky at best.

Brian P, as in Arker

Left hand right hand issue probably. I doubt it's intentional, just sloppy.

Rookiemonster 05-11-2018 07:26 PM

They also have a Bill terry and Stan hack that they doctored the image.

I doubt they it’s just being sloppy. He returned the card because of the fact that it’s fact. They then reposted it and re doctored the image and with out any mention of the card being a counterfeit.

CurtisFlood 05-11-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1911 (Post 1775805)
Obvious fake, surprised a big seller would have that up. I’ve bought plenty of good material from them before

Same here, but it has been many years, about 10 or 12 years.

conor912 05-11-2018 08:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by larrydavidfan33 (Post 1775809)
How do we know its fake? Im new to cards and the fakes are scaring me

Here is the card I bought and a known authentic example. Notice the dot matrix printing on the bogus one and the smooth, continuous color on the authentic one. The original scans were super saturated which completely hid the pixelation and made the colors look brighter. The card stock was also wrong, but that's really only detectable once its in your hands....

Leon 05-12-2018 06:35 AM

Yeah, sloppy is one thing but getting a reprint back and listing it again as real. Beyond sloppy to me. And it has a bid!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38245949951...rue&rmvSB=true

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake (Post 1775821)
Correcto. And they list a million items so I could see how they missed this...BUT how do they relist it again with no change to the description????

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

bnorth 05-12-2018 07:11 AM

To borrow a saying from another member.

KRUK CARDS IS DEAD TO ME!!!

The only negative I have left in 20+ years on ebay is these A HOLES.

Relisting it is beyond a simple mistake IMO.

mechanicalman 05-12-2018 09:45 AM

Yeah, this dude is shady. If they auction a card and it doesn’t hit the price they want, the inventory mysteriously goes missing. Check the negative reviews.

Peter_Spaeth 05-12-2018 10:09 AM

They have 25,000 items for sale. They doubtless buy megadeals which include some bad stuff. I don't know of course, and certainly there is no excuse for sloppiness, but it's difficult to believe they are acting with bad intent on a $50 card. Could be wrong.

Leon 05-12-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1775994)
They have 25,000 items for sale. They doubtless buy megadeals which include some bad stuff. I don't know of course, and certainly there is no excuse for sloppiness, but it's difficult to believe they are acting with bad intent on a $50 card. Could be wrong.

$50 is a lot of money to scam, ask Larry Harris. That would have been a big haul for him. If this was just sloppy it was sloppy in an egregious manner.

conor912 05-12-2018 12:02 PM

They have several raw T206 and Goudey HOFers that look questionable as well. If it is a mistake, then whoever does their eBay listings clearly has no idea what they are doing.

Sean 05-12-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanicalman (Post 1775990)
Yeah, this dude is shady. If they auction a card and it doesn’t hit the price they want, the inventory mysteriously goes missing. Check the negative reviews.

This exact thing happened to me back when I was collecting a 1965 Topps set. I was high bidder on a Mantle for $380. The same card in that grade had recently sold for $525, so I got a great deal. Until the next day, when I got an email telling me that they didn't have the card, and it had been listed in error. :mad:

I would never do business with them.

bobbyw8469 05-14-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1776098)
This exact thing happened to me back when I was collecting a 1965 Topps set. I was high bidder on a Mantle for $380. The same card in that grade had recently sold for $525, so I got a great deal. Until the next day, when I got an email telling me that they didn't have the card, and it had been listed in error. :mad:

I would never do business with them.

Sad.

rdixon1208 05-14-2018 09:42 AM

I messaged them asking about the Traynor card and this is the reply that I got:

"After looking at this closer, this may be a reprint, I have pulled the listing down and will have management review it."

npa589 05-14-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1775995)
$50 is a lot of money to scam, ask Larry Harris. That would have been a big haul for him. If this was just sloppy it was sloppy in an egregious manner.

Having been on a hiatus from the hobby for a few years, this post gave me quite the reading material. I had no clue. Larry was one of the first people I dealt with on NEt54 as well. What the hell is wrong with people? I get that greed gets a hold of people, but dear goodness, we are talking about gaining a few hundred dollars (I'm only on page two of the other thread: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=lharri&page=2)