Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Gavel Snipe down? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236505)

Cobra Kai 03-08-2017 08:28 AM

Is Gavel Snipe down?

I haven't been able to access the site since yesterday morning. Anybody else having problems with it?

tschock 03-08-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai (Post 1638823)
I haven't been able to access the site since yesterday morning. Anybody else having problems with it?

Same here (since last night). And I know a few others who have reported no access as well.

Leon 03-08-2017 08:49 AM

Well this is a problem...I literally use it almost every day.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://www.gavelsnipe.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Search Google for gavelsnipe
ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

sports-rings 03-08-2017 08:52 AM

yes it's down and even more disturbing, isitdown.com is reporting that it has been down for a week!

I love that site and it keeps much better history now than ebay does. Hope it is not gone forever!

Leon 03-08-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sports-rings (Post 1638839)
yes it's down and even more disturbing, isitdown.com is reporting that it has been down for a week!

I love that site and it keeps much better history now than ebay does. Hope it is not gone forever!

It hasn't been down for a week. I have been using it every day. I guess I haven't gone on there in the last half a day to a day, so my guess is that is when it went down.....(as stated above)

*My last win from there was on 3/5/2017 but I am almost sure I checked it after that.....

sterlingfox 03-08-2017 08:57 AM

I've had mostly good experiences so far with gixen, but if it ever comes back up, I'll have to check this one out.

Stonepony 03-08-2017 09:36 AM

Any other free sniping service recommendations ?

Mighty Casey 03-08-2017 10:38 AM

Yes...any information regarding Gavelsnipe or any other free sniping services would be greatly appreciated. Big bummer!

slidekellyslide 03-08-2017 10:42 AM

Hmmm...still down. I noticed it down last night around 9PM CDT, but it was definitely up earlier in the day because I set a snipe. I currently have 3 or 4 snipes set, I hope they go off.

I just checked my email and they sent an update email at 5:01 AM showing my current snipes. Maybe the site is inaccessible, but still working?

SMPEP 03-08-2017 11:10 AM

I'm pretty sure they posted a note at the top of the page a few days ago saying they were taking the site down for a day for maintenance and you would not be able to enter new snipes but that all snipes already in the cue would be executed.

Not sure if the site has been up since then ...

Cheers,
Patrick

sports-rings 03-08-2017 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Guess not everything I read on the internet is true,

glad it's nothing major and is still working and will be up after maintenance.

Leon 03-08-2017 11:30 AM

Their timing is clearly off. I don't think we (I didn't) ever doubted what you said but we knew differently as we use it daily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sports-rings (Post 1638904)
Guess not everything I read on the internet is true,

glad it's nothing major and is still working and will be up after maintenance.

sports-rings 03-08-2017 11:48 AM

no worries Leon. Hope all is well with you!

BobC 03-08-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1638889)
Hmmm...still down. I noticed it down last night around 9PM CDT, but it was definitely up earlier in the day because I set a snipe. I currently have 3 or 4 snipes set, I hope they go off.

I just checked my email and they sent an update email at 5:01 AM showing my current snipes. Maybe the site is inaccessible, but still working?

I can't access their site either but, I had set some snipes a while ago and noticed when checking Ebay that at least one of them was executed as I ended up winning an item a little earlier today. So they are still placing bids that were already in their queue before the maintenance shutdown.

BobC

slidekellyslide 03-08-2017 08:12 PM

Still down 24 hours later...wonder what is taking so long? So what if you wanted to cancel your snipe? Out of luck, eh?

sports-rings 03-09-2017 03:54 AM

still down, but my gavelsnip bid executed yesterday evening and I won an auction. Unfortunately it was for a toner cartridge, nothing too exciting. I guess it's impossible to place bids until they are back up.

BobC 03-09-2017 03:09 PM

Looks like they may be back up finally!

slidekellyslide 03-09-2017 03:11 PM

Yep, back up for me too.

sterlingfox 03-09-2017 07:16 PM

I signed up, but it won't accept my eBay credentials...

l8knight1 03-11-2017 05:24 AM

re

It won't take mine either. I lost out on several auctions. It took my snipes yesterday but didn't execute them.

slidekellyslide 03-11-2017 07:09 AM

It worked for me yesterday.

sterlingfox 03-11-2017 08:16 AM

I sent them an email with no response. I still can't add my eBay info - says invalid username/password. Will be sticking with Gixen unless they can get their site working.

egbeachley 03-12-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l8knight1 (Post 1639872)
It won't take mine either. I lost out on several auctions. It took my snipes yesterday but didn't execute them.

Is it asking for users to re-enter eBay credentials?

slidekellyslide 03-12-2017 11:45 AM

It worked for me once again last night. I also have a snipe set to go off in a little over 4 hours.

BruceinGa 03-12-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1640345)
It worked for me once again last night. I also have a snipe set to go off in a little over 4 hours.

I have three for tonight. I'm hoping you aren't bidding against me :) !

HRBAKER 03-12-2017 03:03 PM

Was 2 for 5 last night with GS but they all went off.

sterlingfox 03-12-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egbeachley (Post 1640341)
Is it asking for users to re-enter eBay credentials?

It must be working only for users who already had their eBay logins saved. As a new gavelsnipe member, it is refusing my eBay login and password. I got it to accept Heritage, but the eBay part is still broken on their end.

slidekellyslide 03-12-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceinGa (Post 1640409)
I have three for tonight. I'm hoping you aren't bidding against me :) !

I don't think you have to worry unless you collect Lincoln, Nebraska postcards. :D

BruceinGa 03-12-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1640425)
I don't think you have to worry unless you collect Lincoln, Nebraska postcards. :D

We're good!!:)

slidekellyslide 03-12-2017 08:18 PM

FWIW my snipe went off just fine. Also it allowed me to set some new snipes tonight. I'm guessing new people trying to sign up are the only people having issues.

BruceinGa 03-12-2017 09:07 PM

I bid on quite a few and none were executed. The site said invalid login/password. Half way through I removed and then entered my login and password, still didn't work. Oh well, saved me some $$:p

slidekellyslide 03-12-2017 09:23 PM

Oddly enough it did make me log in twice today when in the past I only had to log in once every few weeks or so.

Stampsfan 03-13-2017 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceinGa (Post 1640545)
I bid on quite a few and none were executed. The site said invalid login/password. Half way through I removed and then entered my login and password, still didn't work. Oh well, saved me some $$:p

I had the same error tonight. More frustrating as my bid was for more than what the item sold for.

FWIW I am not new to GavelSnipe, (or eBay) and my password for both has not changed in a long time.

It's suddenly become less reliable than before... for me anyhow.

Rich Falvo 03-13-2017 03:41 AM

I'm newly registered and the site won't take my eBay login info.

BruceinGa 03-13-2017 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1640575)
I had the same error tonight. More frustrating as my bid was for more than what the item sold for.

FWIW I am not new to GavelSnipe, (or eBay) and my password for both has not changed in a long time.

It's suddenly become less reliable than before... for me anyhow.

I'm also a long time user of eBay and probably a 3 year user of GS. Maybe it's time to make a change.

sb1 03-13-2017 06:33 AM

It worked fine for me yesterday (other than both snipes being too low).

irv 03-13-2017 07:38 AM

To me, it sounds like the site was hacked?

Lots of that going on lately it seems. My wife just told me this morning, but not sure where she heard it, and that is the electronic way of filing one's tx's we use up here in Canada. (Not sure if that is a CDN thing only?)

There are multiple ones I believe and she told me all of them were down until further notice as there was a major breach/hack.

Not sure what everyone uses here as protection for their computers, but I use Avast Professional, Super anti spyware and CCleaner exclusively and run them quite often. (SAS and CC multiple times a day)

I get them, SAS and CC, from filehippo.com. They are free and that site has no extras that some others sites like to add.

So far so good with me, but despite those I use, nothing is 100% as hackers are relentless! Make sure you do updates often and always log off completely, not just let your computer go into sleep mode.

HexsHeroes 03-13-2017 07:43 AM

Still not working for me today either

As of 9:35 AM this morning, I am still getting similar error message of invalid username or password.

For what is it worth, I was one of those unfortunate few whom had GavelSnipe
bids programmed that failed to execute. Very disappointing.

3-2-count 03-13-2017 08:00 AM

Once their site came back up a few days ago new snipes were set and were executed successfully with no issues over the weekend.

Luke 03-13-2017 11:00 AM

All my snipes went off fine last night, but now I can't log in. Even when I request a new password and enter it, nothing happens. Hope it gets fixed because I really like using their service.

kkkkandp 03-13-2017 11:01 AM

They are still messed up with my stuff.

I had a snipe yesterday that failed to execute for "Invalid Auction Site Username or Password."

When I contacted them they replied, "This is fixed. eBay made changes to their site code that processes logins. You may need to update your eBay credentials," which is crap because I've been signing into ebay without issue using the same old credentials.

Now I can't even log in to my Gavelsnipe account despite the fact that they have sent me two new temporary passwords! :mad:

slidekellyslide 03-13-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 1640658)
All my snipes went off fine last night, but now I can't log in. Even when I request a new password and enter it, nothing happens. Hope it gets fixed because I really like using their service.

Yep, looks like it won't let me log in now either. They are still sending emails and clearly they know there is a problem. Is it too much to keep us updated on what is happening?

BruceinGa 03-13-2017 11:51 AM

I just received a response from Gavel snip support:

> Unable to execute snipes. States invalid auction site login or
> password.

This is fixed. eBay made changes to their site code that processes
logins. You may need to update your eBay credentials.

READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE

Your GavelSnipe.com username/password and your eBay (or other auction
account) username/password have nothing to do with each other even if
you have set them to be the same (not recommended).

GAVELSNIPE.COM USERNAME/PASSWORD

Your Gavelsnipe.com username is permanent, unique and can't be changed.

We'll see:eek: