Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Another one for the brilliant minds at PSA... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=217688)

HOF Auto Rookies 02-05-2016 11:42 PM

Another one for the brilliant minds at PSA...

Autographed...really...

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272114699022

Bryce Harper 2011 SIGNED Bowman Chrome #BCP111 PSA 10 Rookie card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meatloaf 02-06-2016 03:31 AM

that and it is way L/R OC

RichardSimon 02-06-2016 08:40 AM

I am not at all familiar with the card or his autograph.
Is it a pre-print or a bad signature?
I guess the seller saw this thread, the card has been removed.

HOF Auto Rookies 02-06-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1500895)
I am not at all familiar with the card or his autograph.
Is it a pre-print or a bad signature?
I guess the seller saw this thread, the card has been removed.

It was a facsimile autograph that they slabbed as a real autograph. Like if they were to say any T205 with the facsimile would be a real auto.

Rookiemonster 02-06-2016 09:05 AM

I don't know what to think anymore

Kco 02-06-2016 10:16 AM

This is just a possibility, but is it possible that someone tampered with the case, removed the real card and replaced it with a card with a facsimile. I know PSA and JSA get it wrong sometimes, but just a thought as to what may have happened. Or is it possible the chip itself is fake?

Wouldn't surprise me if they did authenticate a facsimile either!!

HOF Auto Rookies 02-06-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kco (Post 1500945)
This is just a possibility, but is it possible that someone tampered with the case, removed the real card and replaced it with a card with a facsimile. I know PSA and JSA get it wrong sometimes, but just a thought as to what may have happened. Or is it possible the chip itself is fake?

Wouldn't surprise me if they did authenticate a facsimile either!!

No because that card was not signed in the set. Unless you did an IP auto.

Kco 02-06-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1500953)
No because that card was not signed in the set. Unless you did an IP auto.

Gotcha, not too framiliar with modern cards as there are too many sets to track, so it's just an outright screw up then :)

HOF Auto Rookies 02-06-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kco (Post 1500961)
Gotcha, not too framiliar with modern cards as there are too many sets to track, so it's just an outright screw up then :)

Haha no worries! I'm a vintage guy myself but have been dabbling a little in modern lately.

RichardSimon 02-06-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1500910)
I don't know what to think anymore

I think that makes about 5000.

Years ago people on the "other side" thought they could trap the TPA's, myself included.
They put some "signed" photos (copies of actual signed photos) into hard plastic top loaders and sent them off to be authenticated.
All it took was the removal of the photo from the holder to see that the photos were not actually signed.
I removed them from the holders and issued rejection letters.
The TPA's did not do that and issued COA's.

HOF Auto Rookies 02-06-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1501020)

Years ago people on the "other side" thought they could trap the TPA's, myself included.
They put some "signed" photos (copies of actual signed photos) into hard plastic top loaders and sent them off to be authenticated.
All it took was the removal of the photo from the holder to see that the photos were not actually signed.

That's just disturbing. I've thought about quitting the hobby many times but people like you and Jim keep me in it because I value yours and others opinions over any other TPG, so I feel very comfortable because of a lot of the members on here.

sbfinley 02-06-2016 04:01 PM

Not a cracked slab, PSA dropped the ball on the flip. Problem is the base is #'d BCP111 while the auto is #'d BCP111B. PSA has not ever designated the auto with the "B" at the end of the card number. They flip both as "BCP111" with only "Prospects" or "Prospect Auto" at the bottom to differ the two. This has allowed them on multiple occasion to label the card wrong.

Klrdds 02-06-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1501020)

Richard the difference is you put your integrity above profit and effort above laziness and knowledge above assumption.