Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Robert Morris (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=81149)

Archive 05-21-2006 06:59 PM

Robert Morris

Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>Did anyone go to the show at Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh this weekend? Was there much vintage stuff there? I plan on going tomorrow. Thanks, Bill

Archive 05-22-2006 04:19 AM

Robert Morris

Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>I go every year but I am relatively close. I will not be going this year due to some family events. Usually about ten tables with pre-war. Nothing special but much better than the average card show. Last year this couple from WV set up at the show. They had a ton of material (T206's, M101-4's, M101-5's, blankets) which was priced very nicely. I wish that I could remember their names as they were very pleasant to deal with as well. I have not received any reports about this year's show.

Archive 05-22-2006 07:44 AM

Robert Morris

Posted By: <b>Matt E.</b><p>Just got back from the Robert Morris show and viewed small amounts Pre War vintage material here and there. Tons of 50's - 60's.<br /><br /> I was primarily looking for T205's and bought about 20 over the course of two days. Found a nice selection from a guy named Rand and he had very fair prices.<br /><br />Noticed some dealers were missing because they were either at White Plains or Houston for shows.<br /><br />Of course Levi had whatever you wanted. The room was a buzz the first day when he bought a huge lot of 350+ T206's high grade that walked in the door from a find. <br /><br />There were a few other dealers that had nice selections of Pre War graded material as well. <br /><br />The bottom line is go to card show for the atmosphere and the fun of attending. There are not many large shows like this for us within three hours of our home. We probably said to ourselves "we can always get that on Ebay" when the price was too high. <br /><br />Where else can you go for $5 and indulge in your favorite addiction. Oh, Mr. Mint was there too front and center searching out the big finds that walk in. How did Levi get that one?<br /><br />

Archive 05-22-2006 09:24 AM

Robert Morris

Posted By: <b>Cy</b><p>Both John and Matt are referring to Rand and Alice Bailey. These are two class act people. Rand is very knowledgeable and courteous in his selling. And his prices are always fair to the buyer.<br /><br />Rand also sets up at most of the Chantilly, VA shows. The next Chantilly show is July 7,8,9 if anyone is interested.<br /><br />Cy

Archive 05-22-2006 06:34 PM

Robert Morris

Posted By: <b>george gogol</b><p>I just returned to Michigan today from attending the show with my father. We had a grand time picking up 11 VGEX T206's, 4 of which were HOF'ers. The buy of the day for me was a Red Murray Horizontal T3 Turkey Red with no creases/wrinkles, slightly rounded corners and the typical pin hole for $85.00. I also quickly unloaded my pre-war doubles for cash at the show, dealers were straving for pre-war material. <br /><br />I talked with a couple of dealer friends and they said that Mr. Mint did in deed have first dibs on the 300+ T206's, but his offer was lower than Levi's. <br /><br />SGC was there taking submissions, which added a nice touch. There definitely wasn't a ton of vintage, but more than I ever see in Michigan. I had a great time talking tobacco cards and sharing stories with my Dad, along with fellow collectors. Ned Garver was also there promoting his book and talked baseball with anyone who passed by, a real treat to hear a retired ball player tell stories.<br />