Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Some Displays for your Viewing and Opinions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150397)

almostdone 04-25-2012 07:36 AM

Some Displays for your Viewing and Opinions

11 Attachment(s)
In a different thread I had showed one of the displays I had made for some of my collection. I thought it might be fun to show some of the other diplay cases I have made over the past few years to house the better part of my personal collection and get opinions.
The five larger ones house my HOF collection.
There is also Roberto Clemente and Sandy Koufax diplays having each of the regular Topps cards minus the rookies which are in the HOF set.
I made a shadow box to put in a vintage glove, catchers mask and ball that were all given to me. (Notice on top the bottles of infield dirt I have smuggled out of different ball fields)
The last one pictured is one of my favorites. It is a solid oak frame from salvaged wood holding a 1874 Harper's wood cut. I think it looks nice against the old brick wall behind it.
Let me know what you think or feel free to show off some of your handywork.
Enjoy!
Drew

gorrister 04-25-2012 07:46 AM

Absolutely love this! Are you concerned about security? What about the sun? I'd love to have the space (and collection) to be able to do this.

tonyo 04-25-2012 09:05 AM

Well done Drew and nice type collection too!

I paused the longest on the infield dirt and the Harpers wood cuts...... an aside: I saw a bunch of the HWC's for the first time in person recently at an antique mall in Marietta....no baseball though.

Beautiful job and I like the way you made the screw downs match the sgc holders.

Tony

ALR-bishop 04-25-2012 09:25 AM

Diplays

Very nice. Thanks for sharing

bcbgcbrcb 04-25-2012 12:37 PM

Great stuff, Drew. The holders look so similar that I was wondering how the screws got into the SGC holders.

tonyo 04-25-2012 01:32 PM

It's funny how your holders make the t-sized cards look bigger. I guess because the labels are smaller than the SGC labels.

hangman62 04-25-2012 01:40 PM

display

Drew,
Thats is very enjoyable to look at. Well done

betafolio2 04-25-2012 07:22 PM

Very nice! I'm impressed not only with your displays but also with the cards/items being displayed! But as mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd be worried about security. Good thing you have those killer pitbulls! :)

almostdone 04-25-2012 07:25 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys, they mean alot to me. As far as the sun, there isn't any direct sunlight in the room where they are located. Security is always a concern. I don't advertise where my collection is kept (not where you might think) and the big cases all have locks on them and are bolted to the wall.
The cases are just 4 screw holders with black archival paper for the outside boarder. It was a pain and took a long time because I cut every paper by hand with an exacto knife to match the card within perfectly. I got the idea of the black from SCG cards but am a much bigger fan of raw cards and didn't want to get them all graded.
The dirt has more good sotries of how it was obtained then I care to share at this moment but I do have a bit left from Fenway as well as Doubleday field in Cooperstown (which I scaled a fence on my honeymoon to get) if any one is interested let me know.
If anyone else has any displays that they created I would love o see them just to get some other ideas.
Thanks again,
Drew

Samsdaddy 04-26-2012 12:24 PM

Very nice. Thank you for sharing!