Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1952Boyntoncollector Outing prices on BST? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245282)

FirstYearCards 09-24-2017 10:11 AM

1952Boyntoncollector Outing prices on BST?

First off I understand the hypocrisy of my posting in this forum.

Just a minor observance on some of the cards/memorabilia that I have been following. Seems Jake takes a snap of original list with price to some of the BST items. Is this so there is a record of the initial list price? Shouldn't the buyer and seller have some privacy of the potential sale price? I assume that's why the price is removed/changed to SOLD when transaction complete.

Republicaninmass 09-24-2017 10:42 AM

I was under the impression people could only post positive comments about the card in bst threads

darwinbulldog 09-24-2017 10:42 AM

Meh. Anybody who sees a price listed on the BST and buys the card is aware that the list price was already posted in a public forum. I usually ask buyers if they want me to delete the price when I mark a card as sold. Most of them don't care.

1952boyntoncollector 09-24-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstYearCards (Post 1703823)
First off I understand the hypocrisy of my posting in this forum.

Just a minor observance on some of the cards/memorabilia that I have been following. Seems Jake takes a snap of original list with price to some of the BST items. Is this so there is a record of the initial list price? Shouldn't the buyer and seller have some privacy of the potential sale price? I assume that's why the price is removed/changed to SOLD when transaction complete.

Not everyone removes the sale price..many list 'sold' so people dont ask them if the card is for sale. Sometimes when i replied to the sellers listing about a card and commented how it looks, the price may show on there but i didnt think about it mattering since the price was on a public forum..not a secret..

The seller can always not list a price and and send messages back and forth. How many prices are listed on B/s/t the last 30-60 days...what percentage of them do you see me posting what you claim? less than 1%? Not sure what why you care to start a thread.

Any card for sale I have, you are welcome to do whatever you are claiming i have done. However i would feel sad seeing at least some of the prices i had for a two psa 4 centered t206 green cobbs i has listed knowing what they sold for today

3-2-count 09-24-2017 10:54 AM

This was brought to my attention a while back by another N54 member as well.

Because of this moving forward, any items that I post for sale here will be listed with the nomenclature of "dropping me an email if interested" rather than the posting of a price.

Problem solved!

1952boyntoncollector 09-24-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-2-count (Post 1703847)

Because of this moving forward, any items that I post for sale here will be listed with the nomenclature of "dropping me an email if interested" rather than the posting of a price.

Problem solved!

That is correct. That is an option available.

However a quick search of your recent posts shows you have sold cards and you still list the former asking price on at least one .not pricey but it is what it is...i also dont see any posts from me on there or on any other thread you sold cards and have 'sold' on them....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...03#post1695803

frankbmd 09-24-2017 11:00 AM

I haggle in my closet with the door closed.:eek:

FirstYearCards 09-24-2017 11:09 AM

I know it's a personal preference if you'd like the price to be known. Just wondering why you would go through the extra step of capturing the price and inserting in your post. Why not let the seller decide that for him/her self?

swarmee 09-24-2017 11:20 AM

Some people press the "Reply" button and some people press the "Quote" button. That's probably all it is.

botn 09-24-2017 11:25 AM

Buyer and seller privacy? Are you f&%*ing kidding? We are posting on a public board. There is no frigging privacy. I commend Jake for doing it. I am one who finds it so annoying when the seller deletes the asking price. While it is only an asking price and we have no idea what price was agreed to, it would be nice to be able to go back and see the transaction. Should we do away with VCP because it violates people's privacy? Give me a break.

pclpads 09-24-2017 12:01 PM

+1. Why the effing sold price mystery? We're talking sports cards here, not the nuclear codes. :(

irishdenny 09-24-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1703852)

I Love it... me Too!
Cept I keep the door open cause I want others to hear me.
I encourage them to think I'm NuTz...

THeN THeY either leave me alone or Ask Fir Guidance :)

iT iS WHaT iT iS!!! (So True, I Love THaT Statement!)

Peter_Spaeth 09-24-2017 01:04 PM

Agree with Greg and Dave. I don't think I have ever deleted an asking price from a sell thread, nor has anyone ever requested that I do so. Much ado about nothing.

FirstYearCards 09-24-2017 01:12 PM

I'm just asking if the seller clearly removes the price, why does a third party with nothing to do with the transaction feel it's his responsibility to let the price be known?

chaddurbin 09-24-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-2-count (Post 1703847)

Problem solved!

I kneel and lock arms with you Tony....49% because I remove prices and mark cards sold also, and 51% because anything Boynton does annoys the hell out of me so it must be wrong.

ajjohnsonsoxfan 09-24-2017 01:34 PM

I like seeing the prices left intact as I think it's good for the hobby overall and drives interest in cards knowing what they sell for. Jake keep it up!

Peter_Spaeth 09-24-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1703852)

I suspect you do other things in there as well. :D

iowadoc77 09-24-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1703907)
I suspect you do other things in there as well. :D

Whoa! Shots (or maybe blanks :eek:) fired!

3-2-count 09-24-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1703905)
I kneel and lock arms with you Tony....49% because I remove prices and mark cards sold also, and 51% because anything Boynton does annoys the hell out of me so it must be wrong.

Affirmative on your point #2 Q. Good to hear from ya my friend!!

Sean 09-24-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1703835)
I was under the impression people could only post positive comments about the card in bst threads

Ted, I can't tell if you're kidding or if you never read that Cobb Red/ Lenox thread from last year. :D

Republicaninmass 09-24-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1703911)
Ted, I can't tell if you're kidding or if you never read that Cobb Red/ Lenox thread from last year. :D

I believe that's where Leon had finally posted "onky positive comments regarding the card"

What a ride that one was!

...and then it came back around full circle

bnorth 09-24-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1703905)
because anything Boynton does annoys the hell out of me so it must be wrong.

^^ This X1000^^:)

WTF are people even posting anything in the BST threads besides a question, pm sent, or I will take it. All these nice card and other totally irreverent garbage posts needs to stop, it is not fair to the other sellers.

tschock 09-24-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1703926)

WTF are people even posting anything in the BST threads besides a question, pm sent, or I will take it. All these nice card and other totally irreverent garbage posts needs to stop, it is not fair to the other sellers.

Shill bumping? :cool:

botn 09-24-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Once again Ben makes sense. The comments giving props to the card and the seller are purely ridiculous. They add nothing to the purpose of the post. Want to pat the seller on the back for listing a nice card then send him a PM.

Peter_Spaeth 09-24-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botn (Post 1703956)
Once again Ben makes sense. The comments giving props to the card and the seller are purely ridiculous. They add nothing to the purpose of the post. Want to pat the seller on the back for listing a nice card then send him a PM.

Great seller here.
Wow. Just wow.
Wish I could afford it!!
Nice (fill in name of player).

asoriano 09-24-2017 06:08 PM

"nice card"

Mountaineer1999 09-24-2017 06:23 PM

Yous guys are a tough crowd.

CW 09-24-2017 08:04 PM

I am also guilty of the "nice card" comment in the past, but I try to avoid it for one reason: it may give the seller a false alarm that the card has been sold. He or she seller may see that their thread has a comment and get excited that someone posted "I'll take it". While compliments are cool, I could see that as being a disappointment in a BST thread.

1952boyntoncollector 09-24-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botn (Post 1703956)

I agree as well. However those types of comments are not what the purpose of this thread was about. Its about the sin of keeping the b/s/t asking prices on the thread by quoting a prior post... Maybe 1% of the time you see that from me whether intentional on not when you look at all the b/s/ts..

bnorth always disagrees, but as always, it looks like there are many more people on my side than his. It would appear that most people do not care about quoting an asking price on a public forum and its no big deal at all and makes no sense to make a thread about.... its baseball cards... ..heck even greg agrees with me on this one..thats should tell you something..

I have seen sellers on counter offers say 'i have more into the card on that' but i find that hard to believe if i see a recent 'asking' price for less (from a source where they got the card) than what the current offer is to them ...not sure how getting information is a bad thing

Stampsfan 09-25-2017 01:52 AM

Quote:

Agreed. GLWS, or whatever white noise comes out of these is quite annoying. If there is something I'm halfway interested in, and I see it bumped, I want to see that the added post is relevant in a BST way; not "Nice card...". ZZZZZZZ on that or other useless comments.

Snapolit1 09-25-2017 05:35 AM

With all the terrible terrible stuff in the news lately, I have to say, nothing pisses me off more that opening a BST thread and seeing where some jerk posted "Nice card" for no reason. Makes my blood boil. What the hell is wrong with some people.

vintagetoppsguy 09-25-2017 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1704075)
With all the terrible terrible stuff in the news lately, I have to say, nothing pisses me off more that opening a BST thread and seeing where some jerk posted "Nice card" for no reason. Makes my blood boil. What the hell is wrong with some people.

LOL!

Some people have nothing better to do than to just whine about something. I mean, really, what's the difference between a "nice card" in a BST listing or a "nice card" in the monthly pick-up thread? Isn't a nice card a nice card no matter where it's posted?

Leon 09-25-2017 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1704077)
LOL!

Some people have nothing better to do than to just whine about something. I mean, really, what's the difference between a "nice card" in a BST listing or a "nice card" in the monthly pick-up thread? Isn't a nice card a nice card no matter where it's posted?

Quit it. We are in the middle of griping. Ok everyone, carry on..... Oh here is a nice card too....

glynparson 09-25-2017 06:41 AM

Honestly

I feel the prices should stay but really don't give a crap either way. I think the bst is fine as it is. Far more messed up things in this biz to worry about.

Snapolit1 09-25-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1704077)
LOL!

I've sold a bunch of things on BST. I wish 5 or 10 people would post "nice card wish I could afford it" to every single one. Moves card to the top of the page and all publicity is good publicity, as they say.

itslarry 09-25-2017 07:14 AM

Don't people here use services to look up past prices? I swear I've hear talk about it. Worthpoint maybe?
Isn't this the same thing but free?

Bpm0014 09-25-2017 07:27 AM

I commend Jake for doing it. I am one who finds it so annoying when the seller deletes the asking price.

Amen. I hate it when sellers delete the prices...

OsFan 09-25-2017 07:28 AM

I'm definitely going to start posting "nice card" in everyone's sales threads

Snapolit1 09-25-2017 07:40 AM

Could also add ". . .won't last long."

bnorth 09-25-2017 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This card is for sale. Please PM or email your best offer as I promise to leave my asking price posted after it sells. I also welcome all bumps telling me how nice it looks, wishing me luck selling , or any other message so my item stays at the top of the page. With my daily bumps and your comments we can keep my item at the top!!! Good luck and remember bid early and bid often.:D:eek:

EDIT: This was an attempt at humor, I am not trying to sell anything.:)

seablaster 09-25-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstYearCards (Post 1703901)
I'm just asking if the seller clearly removes the price, why does a third party with nothing to do with the transaction feel it's his responsibility to let the price be known?

This is 100% spot-on.

By boynton interjecting, he prevents the seller from deciding for themselves whether they want to leave the price listed or not. Why should a third party be making that decision for the seller?

Jason 09-25-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seablaster (Post 1704110)
This is 100% spot-on.

By boynton interjecting, he prevents the seller from deciding for themselves whether they want to leave the price listed or not. Why should a third party be making that decision for the seller?

Both of these posts about sums it up for me as well. While alot of people may not like the fact sellers take the price down it is there choice. Yes it being a public forum opens up any post to being quoted with the original price in said quote. That doesnt make it any less of a dick move what Jake is doing IMO.

Leon 09-25-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1704107)
This card is for sale. Please PM or email your best offer as I promise to leave my asking price posted after it sells. I also welcome all bumps telling me how nice it looks, wishing me luck selling , or any other message so my item stays at the top of the page. With my daily bumps and your comments we can keep my item at the top!!! Good luck and remember bid early and bid often.:D:eek:

Let it be known, if anyone acts like an idiot it will be dealt with quickly.

3-2-count 09-25-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1704111)
Both of these posts about sums it up for me as well. While alot of people may not like the fact sellers take the price down it is there choice. Yes it being a public forum opens up any post to being quoted with the original price in said quote. That doesnt make it any less of a dick move what Jake is doing IMO.

Jason, I've taken the liberty of highlighting in bold an important point in your comment above. You're spot on!!

Republicaninmass 09-25-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1704116)
Let it be known, if anyone acts like an idiot it will be dealt with quickly.

From the BST "Rules section"

There should be no interference by 3rd parties within the Buy/Sell/Trade areas. Third parties are those not involved in a transaction.

Snapolit1 09-25-2017 09:12 AM

I agree wholeheartedly that if you are not a party to the transaction you have no standing to comment on any aspect of it for any reason. MYOB.

jcc6252 09-25-2017 09:23 AM

"The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part. And, if any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."

frankbmd 09-25-2017 09:30 AM

Since the asking price is not necessarily the selling price, why not insist that buyers post their offering prices as well. If the card is sold, it is reasonable to assume that the card sold between the two prices.

As a seller with multiple cards in one thread, I see nothing wrong with removing a sold card and the asking price when it is sold. It is difficult to resell a card that is already shipped :eek: and believe it or not, some forum members only see the card and price (if it is there) and not the $OLD.

Excuse me, but I have to return to my closet to haggle now.:D

btcarfagno 09-25-2017 09:37 AM

Marx Brothers. A Night At The Opera:

Driftwood: We've got a contract, no matter how small it is!

Fiorello: Hey wait, wait! What does this say here? This thing here?

Driftwood: Oh that. Oh that's the usual clause...that's in every contract. That just says...eh...it says...eh..."If any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."

Fiorello: Well, I don't know...

Driftwood: It's alright, that's in every contract! That's what they call a "sanity clause."

Fiorello: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...you can't fool me. There ain't no sanity clause!

Tom C

MikeGarcia 09-25-2017 09:39 AM

Hey !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc6252 (Post 1704131)
"The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part. And, if any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified."

.."Hey you doana foola me....everybody knows there ain'ta no 'Sanity Claus' "