Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Net 54 Hall of Fame.... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=263473)

mrvster 12-18-2018 11:04 AM

Net 54 Hall of Fame....

With all my threads "best" poster....."best" thread"....."best" single post

Maybe a Net 54 HALL OF FAME " is in order???:confused::)

ok....bad idea??? good idea????

rules???....inductees??? ever few years??? stats???? posts???? bst sales???

thoughts??

tell me to be quiet???

:D

ullmandds 12-18-2018 11:30 AM

not a good idea!

mrvster 12-18-2018 11:32 AM

hahahaha

Pete....

you are already in ! in my book;)

ullmandds 12-18-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1837442)
Pete....

you are already in ! in my book;)

as are you in my book Johny!!!!

mrvster 12-18-2018 11:48 AM

Pete....

Thanks my brother!

love reading your posts....

btw...

I was going to start one more thread "halls of shame 2018" but I'm at my limit I'm sure for the day;)

if you were going to start that thread....I vote the T206 AUTO FORGER

Leon 12-18-2018 12:52 PM

I always tell the most experienced hobbyists I know that the collective wisdom of this board is unbelievable. Not any of us has a hundredth of the knowledge of our 9500+ users. i am biased but I think we have a great forum of collectors. It's not the biggest by any means but for vintage baseball card (and sports) collecting I would put us up against anyone. :) Everyone that posts is important. And Johnny, you and Pete have been valuable members for a long time. Thanks for yawls (and everyone's) participation. And a caramel card which was the first purchase for my new collection. Because every thread needs a card.

http://luckeycards.com/pe901youngpsa2a2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1837427)

thoughts??

tell me to be quiet???

Bpm0014 12-18-2018 01:10 PM

Why is that only a 7??? Presents much nicer!

brianp-beme 12-18-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpm0014 (Post 1837483)
Why is that only a 7??? Presents much nicer!

I think it was downgraded because Cy is not smiling.

Brian

Sean 12-18-2018 01:41 PM

Johnny, what is with all these threads? Are you off your meds?

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-18-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1837502)
Johnny, what is with all these threads? Are you off your meds?

Or on them?

Fred 12-18-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1837427)

thoughts??

tell me to be quiet???

Now, please don't take this the wrong way.... this is just an opinion and as we all know (as the saying goes, they're like assssssholes) everyone's got one. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong.

When this board or hobby starts putting together a HOF, then we know we've hit commercial rock bottom.

If a hobby/Net54 HOF is created, then get ready, it'll start out with baseball, then other sports, then the non-sports people will cry out with the game used and autograph factions.

Next thing you know we'll have Bill Mastro inducted along with Joe Orlando. Lionel Carter will have to share a space with Jimmy Spence and then when the veterans committee shows up to vote they'll allow schmucks like me in based on the number of years in the hobby. Then people will say "hey, he doesn't own a T206 Wagner, he can't be that much of a dedicated hobbyist" then the next thing you know we can have a T206 Wagner ownership wing/section.

Southern California would be a great place to have the collector's museum - it should be close to the Collectors Universe PSA office!

barf, ralph, vomit, spew, upchuck....

Again, just an opinion - by the way, do we all get to vote or only people with 1,000+ posts? If it's open to everyone, I'll make sure to create as many IDs as possible and stuff the ballot box like it was a baseball all-star selection. :p :o :D

Fred 12-18-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1837473)
I always tell the most experienced hobbyists I know that the collective wisdom of this board is unbelievable. Not any of us has a hundredth of the knowledge of our 9500+ users. i am biased but I think we have a great forum of collectors. It's not the biggest by any means but for vintage baseball card (and sports) collecting I would put us up against anyone. :) Everyone that posts is important. And Johnny, you and Pete have been valuable members for a long time. Thanks for yawls (and everyone's) participation. And a caramel card which was the first purchase for my new collection. Because every thread needs a card.

Holy crap - My first nominee!!!!! Leon!!! :p seriously, if there was a Net54 HOF, he'd be at the top because without him, we wouldn't have N54 - by the way, what's the difference between brown nosing and ass kissing? DEPTH PERCEPTION!

Sean 12-18-2018 01:59 PM

I think that a Net54 Hall of Fame would become like the Oscars. A bunch of rich, (mostly) self obsessed people getting together to congratulate themselves.

mrvster 12-18-2018 02:09 PM

Leon....

Thanks my friend! it's a treasure trove of knowledge:)

love the comments:)

been posting a lot to catch up on all the times I haven't:D

NET 54 HOF- y'all get a nominee from mrvster

steve B 12-18-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1837518)
I think that a Net54 Hall of Fame would become like the Oscars. A bunch of rich, (mostly) self obsessed people getting together to congratulate themselves.

Let me know when that rich part happens for me. Or if it already did where the heck the money went. :D

Not that I'd be in or anything. I could be the Baines of the group..:D

ls7plus 12-18-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1837473)

http://luckeycards.com/pe901youngpsa2a2.jpg

+1 there--an invaluable resource! Great card, Leon!

Highest regards,

Larry

mrvster 12-18-2018 05:24 PM

great points

honestly think about it, without this board the hobby would not be 1/16th as fun for me....

kudos Leon!

HOF First inductee!.....has my vote.....it's only right:) no Leon, no Board:eek:

CobbSpikedMe 12-18-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1837518)

Excellent synopsis of the Oscars Sean. So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :D

drcy 12-19-2018 12:32 AM

I quit when I'm called the Harold Baines of Net54

The Lee Smith of Net54 I can stomache

7nohitter 12-19-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1837732)

Now that's funny.

I have a hard time putting into words how much I truly enjoying reading this site. I've learned way more than I ever thought possible over the years, and continue to be blown away by the collections of the members here.

As an aside: I'm a high school teacher and for the day before Thanksgiving break we were asked by the principal to facilitate workshops in which we "highlighted our personal interests."

I ran a baseball memorabilia collecting workshop. I proudly displayed my PSA 1 '53 Satchel Paige, the few T206's I own.....and this website.

I had over 75 kids for two half hour sessions.....not bad!

mrvster 12-19-2018 08:07 AM

Andrew

That's Awesome:)

steve B 12-21-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1837732)

Relax, I already sorta dibsd Baines a few posts ago.