Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   CSA Shows Chantilly VA April 6th-8th 300 tables Net54 member specials ! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242105)

NC-Vintage 07-08-2017 01:28 PM

CSA Shows Chantilly VA April 6th-8th 300 tables Net54 member specials !

Tired of looking at blurry scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show THIS FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY,April 6th-8th. and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash and carry deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 21st year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show all on over 100,000 square feet of sports card heaven ! We have dealers from 18 different states exhibiting on 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. Over 90 autograph guests covering all major sports & celebrity, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

[COLOR="Blue"][B][B][COLOR="Blue"]Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply print off this page and bring it to the admission counter. As a Net54 member you will get in for FREE on Friday April 6th and 1/2 price (just $5) on Saturday or Sunday!

CASH Giveaways: We are giving away $25 and $50 in CSA Dealer Dollars randomly throughout the show. No strings attached, just free money to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well given out randomly throughout the show.

Our entire list of dealers as well as show information can be found on our website www.csashows.com.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here and let the Net54 community know!

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com

Jason 07-08-2017 04:07 PM

Love this show. Hopefully I can make it up this upcoming weekend as a warm up to the national!

jefferyepayne 07-08-2017 06:52 PM

I will be attending on Friday. Looking for vintage (pre 70s) and pre-war football stuff if anybody on here is setting up and has some.

jeff

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-09-2017 04:42 AM

I'll be there, tables 634 & 636. Please N54 members stop by and say hi get 10% off your purchase!

filmmaker 07-09-2017 06:52 AM

The date in the blue writing is Friday, March 31st.
Can you please update to reflect Friday, July 14th? I don't want any problems. Thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC-Vintage (Post 1678801)
Tired of looking at blury scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show July 14-16th and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash deal like the good ol' days !

Our show is in it's 20th year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show. The show building underwent a 30,000 square foot addition at the end of 2015,bringing the showroom floor to over 130,000 square feet of sports card heaven. We have dealers from 20 different states exhibiting on 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. Over 80 autograph guests covering all major sports & celebrity, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.

Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply print off and show this email, and as a Net54 member you will get in for FREE on Friday March 31st and 1/2 price (just $5) on Saturday or Sunday! Net54 members that wish to set up as a dealer and have never set up at the show before will get an extra $25 off of our table price.

CASH Giveaways: We are giving away $25 and $50 in CSA Dealer Dollars randomly throughout the show. No strings attached, just free money to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well given out randomly throughout the show.

Our entire list of dealers as well as show information can be found on our website www.csashows.com.

If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here and let the Net54 community know!

Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !

Joe Drelich www.csashows.com

ValKehl 07-09-2017 08:52 AM

Benjamin, good catch! I had already printed this with out catching the erroneous date.

Joe D., thanks for again favoring Net54 members - much appreciated by this retiree!

jefferyepayne 07-09-2017 08:54 AM

Joe,

Might want to mention that on Friday's with the free admittance you can go to the will call window to get your ticket instead of standing in the long line to purchase tickets.

Saves Net54 members quite a bit of time if you get there right at 2pm on Friday!

Thanks again for all of the great work you do on this show.

jeff

NC-Vintage 07-09-2017 06:29 PM

Date should be JULY not March

Hello all, yes good catch , I copied and pasted the email fro March and missed deleting that section sorry guys and YES this applies for the JULY show obviously and YES please Net54 members do not wait in line, just go to the will call window and ask them to process you so you do not have to wait. Hope to see you all there ! Please stop by the merchandise booth and ask for me, would like to say hello .

Jason 07-09-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferyepayne (Post 1679010)
Joe,

Might want to mention that on Friday's with the free admittance you can go to the will call window to get your ticket instead of standing in the long line to purchase tickets.

Saves Net54 members quite a bit of time if you get there right at 2pm on Friday!

Thanks again for all of the great work you do on this show.

jeff

You mean I have been waiting in line for nothing:D

spacktrack 07-11-2017 04:13 PM

REA will be set up with lots of fall auction highlights on display in booths 200-203. We'll also be accepting consignments for the October auction all weekend. Please stop by to say hello and check out the great items on display.

Brian

jefferyepayne 07-12-2017 06:47 AM

I'm planning to hit Willards BBQ right next to the Dulles Expo Center for lunch at 1:00. Any other Net54 members want to join in?

Let me know and we can coordinate to meet up.

jeff

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-12-2017 07:48 AM

I'm going to have a larger lot of mostly 50's baseball and football that is lower than the EX grade I like to maintain for my commons. Was going to put it up on here, but I'll bring ti to the show if you're interested stop by and ask!

larrie804 07-12-2017 06:41 PM

The Chantilly Show

Please stop by and say hello....as usual we, Dean's House of Cards (Not Dean's Cards) can be found at Tables 524, 526 and 528! We recently picked up 15,000+/- cards from the 50s, 60s and early 70s. We found these while on vacation in the Adirondacks. We also have 15+/- sets from 1954 on...1954, 1959, 1968, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, etc. Mention this post for a 10% discount!

Hope I see you there!
Larrie dean

Johnny630 07-12-2017 07:04 PM

Willards BBQ is off the hook !! Great Place and I bet this is the first time anyone has ever said "Off the Hook" on net54. Look forward to the show and a Willards Smoked Catfish Sandwich.

Leon 07-14-2017 05:25 PM

Anyone go to the show today and have a report back?

jefferyepayne 07-14-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1680992)
Anyone go to the show today and have a report back?

Sure did! A small group of Net54 members met up for lunch at Willards and after gorging ourselves on good BBQ, we headed to the show.

Chantilly was down a bit this time in terms of vintage as I'm guessing some dealers opted to pass on it to head to the National in a few weeks. That's pretty typical for the Summer Chantilly Show in my experience. There was still quite a bit of nice vintage and pre-war material to check out so it was a nice show! I was able to pickup some pre-war stuff I've been after as well as 70 cards I've been looking to upgrade in my sets.

Some auction houses were there as well, showing off upcoming auction items: REA, Huggins and Scott, Mile High. Saw SGC and CSA booths but don't think I saw PSA . Or maybe I missed them?

Also got to say 'hi' to Loni Anderson so that was a plus ;-)

jeff

Huck 07-15-2017 05:56 PM

I took in the show today. I thought the show floor was kind of busy for the summer show. There was not a ton of vintage on the floor. As the other poster mentioned, the number of dealers was down a bit. I did see some early 1900's tobacco cards and admired some Tattoo Orbits that seemed reasonably priced. Far too many (1) auction houses, displaying cards (2) football in my opinion (3) too many tables that had the look of a front loader just dumping material on a table. I like American Pickers as much as the next guy but not at a card show (4) framed autographed items (5) odd booths, the comic book art booth???. I had a nice chat with Pat from Kevin Savage Cards out of Ohio. The other dealers I spoke with said "business was okay", "too many autograph guests" - which is the knock on the CSA shows, it is more of an autograph festival than card show. I do like obtaining autographs, hopefully a balance can be achieved where the vendors are happy as well.

Loni Anderson was looking pretty good for her age.

NC-Vintage 10-10-2017 10:34 AM

Chantilly show October 13th-15th

The Chantilly show is just a few days away...FREE admission on Friday for all Net54 members and 1/2 price admission Saturday and Sunday.Hope to see you all there !

Jason 10-10-2017 11:02 AM

Friday it is! Is it true the member tickets are at the will call booth?

spacktrack 10-11-2017 07:36 AM

REA will be set up in the front row with dozens of Fall Auction highlights on display. We'll also be accepting consignments for the Spring Auction and offering cash advances on the spot.

If there's any item in the current auction that you'd like to review in person, send me a PM or e-mail before Thursday afternoon so that we can bring it to the show for you to look at.

Brian

OsFan 10-11-2017 08:05 AM

Love the Chantilly show, I’ll be there Friday.

larrie804 10-11-2017 12:35 PM

Fall Chantilly Show

As usual we, Dean's House of Cards (NOT DEANS CARDS) will be set up in booths 623, 625 and 627! We just acquired a nice collection of 50s cards (Bowman and Topps) from 1952 to 1958. Of particular interest may be the 125 Topps 1952 high numbers...sadly only seven but they include a nicely centered Pee Wee Reese. The Collection also included a nice selection of Topps 1957s. We have restocked from what was a great National. Mention this post and receive a 10% discount. At least stop by and say hello!

Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards
804-833-3087

Leon 10-12-2017 10:01 PM

Good luck at the show everyone. And thanks again to Joe and team for letting Net54baseball help spread the word and also for the great Net54 specials. Sounds like a great show will be had by all.
We can compare notes next week (or whenever :))>...as I will be setting up locally this weekend at Rich's show...surely to be a fun time too.

kcohen 10-13-2017 12:35 PM

I'm set up for the first time in several years, at table 525 with a couple of showcases of prewar cards. Stop by and say hi.

DeafSports 10-13-2017 06:58 PM

Show

Just got home from the show. I can say it was really nice one. I was able to pick up some tickets from 1950's All Star and WS.

Saw one amazing 1889 program book with Hoy in it but the asking price was HIGH as 4k.

No T206 Taylor in the show, wow!

Have a great weekend! Off to watch great ball game between Astros and Yankees.

Danny

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-13-2017 07:40 PM

Tom Botticelli and I are set up across from where we were originally scheduled (537, 539) TOm has an amazing amount of t206 rare backs HOF'ers etc... I have some junk :) Met a bunch of you today hopefully more to come!

jefferyepayne 10-13-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1710167)
Tom Botticelli and I are set up across from where we were originally scheduled (537, 539) TOm has an amazing amount of t206 rare backs HOF'ers etc... I have some junk :) Met a bunch of you today hopefully more to come!

It was great to meet you today at the show, Scott! I hope you have a great show.

I thought the show was great today and hope lots of members go this weekend.

jeff

ValKehl 10-14-2017 11:22 PM

I agree that Ken C. and Tom B., who are not regular dealers at Chantilly, both have great pre-War baseball cards. Then, there's Dan Mckee with his incredible selection of pre-War rarities. Was surprised (shocked may be a better word) to see Levi B. (707 Cards) set up (with a relatively small display, for them). And, don't miss the eye candy on display by REA, Huggins & Scott, and Memory Lane that currently is or will soon be up for auction. If only I would win the lottery! Also, great to chat with these dealers, the auction house reps, and other dealers and collectors who are Net54 members, including, Jeff P., Andy C., Larrie D., Dave S. (Baggers Auctions), and others.

Huck 10-16-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValKehl (Post 1710444)
I agree that Ken C. and Tom B., who are not regular dealers at Chantilly, both have great pre-War baseball cards. Then, there's Dan Mckee with his incredible selection of pre-War rarities. Was surprised (shocked may be a better word) to see Levi B. (707 Cards) set up (with a relatively small display, for them). And, don't miss the eye candy on display by REA, Huggins & Scott, and Memory Lane that currently is or will soon be up for auction. If only I would win the lottery! Also, great to chat with these dealers, the auction house reps, and other dealers and collectors who are Net54 members, including, Jeff P., Andy C., Larrie D., Dave S. (Baggers Auctions), and others.

Was 707 there? I attended the show on Sunday, arrived around noon and I don't recall seeing Levi. His hat is hard to miss. Perhaps, 707 packed up early or I completely overlooked their table.

ValKehl 10-16-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard (Post 1710941)
Was 707 there? I attended the show on Sunday, arrived around noon and I don't recall seeing Levi. His hat is hard to miss. Perhaps, 707 packed up early or I completely overlooked their table.

Yes, Levi was there on Friday - I chatted with him for 10 minutes or so. His set up was small, compared to 707's usual set up. I returned to the Show on Sunday afternoon, and I didn't see Levi then - nor did I see Dan Mckee there on Sunday afternoon.

mickeymantle24 10-17-2017 12:22 PM

Levi was there Saturday afternoon, but said he would be leaving later that evening. I was able to pick up a couple cards off of him. Overall a great show.

taul166 10-18-2017 06:45 PM

Levi/707 was there on Friday and Saturday. For 707, he had a rather modest selection. He told me his partner had to get back by Sunday, so he would only be there for 2 days.

NC-Vintage 04-04-2018 09:20 AM

Chantilly show this weekend April 6th-8th Are you going?

• Tired of looking at blurry scans on the internet and sifting through endless listings of reprints on eBay? Come on down to the Chantilly show THIS FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY,April 6th-8th. and hold real cards in your hands and negotiate a cash and carry deal like the good ol' days !
  • Our show is in it's 21st year at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. We are the largest show in the country that offers FREE ADMISSION time slots each day of the show all on over 100,000 square feet of sports card heaven ! We have dealers from 18 different states exhibiting on 300 tables with an awesome display of vintage cards,modern cards,unopened
  • boxes,cases,autographs,memorabilia,supplies,etc. Over 90 autograph guests covering all major sports & celebrity, the lineup is fantastic ! We have a full list of our dealers and you can see it all on our website: www.csashows.com.
  • Special offers for Net54 members: If you come to the show, simply print off this page and bring it to the admission counter. As a Net54 member you will get in for FREE on Friday April 6th and 1/2 price (just $5) on Saturday or Sunday!
  • CASH Giveaways: We are giving away $25 and $50 in CSA Dealer Dollars randomly throughout the show. No strings attached, just free money to spend with the dealers. We also have other door prizes as well given out randomly throughout the show.
  • Our entire list of dealers as well as show information can be found on our website www.csashows.com.
  • If you plan on coming to the show or are setting up as a dealer please post a message here and let the Net54 community know!
  • Feel free to email me directly with any questions, hope to see you there !
  • Joe Drelich www.csashows.com

Jason 04-04-2018 09:27 AM

Its been a long winter of no shows. Ill be coming up on Friday.

bbcard1 04-04-2018 09:59 AM

Coming

mq711 04-04-2018 01:37 PM

Weekend Show

Always a great show, this one especially if you are a Cowboys autograph hound.

deeg23 04-04-2018 01:49 PM

I’ve never been before, but I am looking forward to going Saturday and Sunday!

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-04-2018 02:58 PM

Please come by and say "Hi" 634, 636.

ValKehl 04-04-2018 04:50 PM

Joe, thanks for continuing to give an admission price break to Net54 members. I'll be there on Friday, as always.

spacktrack 04-05-2018 07:02 PM

REA will be set up in the front at booths 200-203. If you're at the show you'll want to be sure to stop by to see some of the incredible auction highlights, including cards that haven't been seen in decades and might not be seen again for decades more! We've packed up more than 300 lots to display!

We'll be accepting consignments for the late additions section of the spring auction as well as early fall auction consignments.

Stop by to say hello!

Brian

lloydchristmas 04-05-2018 09:23 PM

I’m in for Saturday most likely. Good deal with the discounted admission too, thanks!

danmckee 04-06-2018 05:57 AM

I will be set up right next to Big Dave of Bagger's Auctions and his lovely wife so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance.

Sorry Leon wish you could have made the show.

Dan Mckee

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-06-2018 12:41 PM

Moved to 535, 537 if you are looking to say "hi"

ValKehl 04-06-2018 11:31 PM

Dan, thanks for suggeting that I stop by and say hello to Big Dave and his lovely wife - I did just that this afternoon - great folks they are. I guess you were that sleazy-looking dealer set up next to Dave. :D

BTW Dan, thanks for the trade, and I hope you have a great show.

Leon 04-07-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 1764846)
I will be set up right next to Big Dave of Bagger's Auctions and his lovely wife so please stop by and say hello if you get a chance.

Sorry Leon wish you could have made the show.

Dan Mckee

Wish I was there but flying and airports are not that fun. I will make it, or the Chantilly show, in the future along with the Strongsville show, as mentioned. Our small local shows usually have about 1 table or pre-war, and that is if I set up. :o

bbcard1 04-07-2018 07:46 AM

Went to the show, enjoyed buying a couple cards off the guys I always do business with (William Chappell, Dick DeCoursey, etc.) but it was a bust for me. Drove seven hours round trip and really didn't get anything I couldn't have picked up cheaper on line, leaving with the majority of the money I had gone there with every intention to spend in my pocket. That said, the journey is half the fun and I enjoyed seeing old friends and am going to chalk it up as a win.

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-07-2018 09:20 PM

Don't know what your collecting focus is, but between Tom and I we cover a lot of ground. Did you stop by our tables? Any N54 member who buys from me gets 20% off sticker. Table 535