Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question about PSA reholder service (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=319222)

BobbyStrawberry 05-05-2022 02:11 PM

Question about PSA reholder service

2 Attachment(s)
Does anyone happen to know the current difference in turnaround times for PSA's "Standard" vs "Expedited" reholder service?

For standard holders, they show different pricing tiers, but I can't seem to find any estimate for times.

Any input is appreciated! Thank you, Matthew

JollyElm 05-05-2022 03:10 PM

If I may ask a related question (without subverting your thread)...

What's the deal with a cracked slab in this scenario? I have a pair of them holding 'important' cards and would like to get them reholdered. Does the fee only pertain to breaking a card out of a non-damaged slab? In other words, does the fee include them examining the card to ensure it wasn't damaged by the breaking of said slab? Or is that a whole different can of worms?

drazz5 05-09-2022 01:40 PM

Does anyone know if the Reholder price of $25 includes an SGC to PSA reholder conversion scenario?

JackR 05-09-2022 01:54 PM

My recent standard reholder took about six weeks from the time I sent it to them until I got it back.

JackR 05-09-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackR (Post 2223317)
My recent standard reholder took about six weeks from the time I sent it to them until I got it back.

Sorry, apologies. I miscounted. It actually took TEN weeks from the time I sent it to them until I got it back.

swarmee 05-09-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drazz5 (Post 2223315)
Does anyone know if the Reholder price of $25 includes an SGC to PSA reholder conversion scenario?

That would be a crossover submission, not a reholder. Reholders are only for PSA.

swarmee 05-09-2022 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2222213)
If I may ask a related question (without subverting your thread)...

What's the deal with a cracked slab in this scenario? I have a pair of them holding 'important' cards and would like to get them reholdered. Does the fee only pertain to breaking a card out of a non-damaged slab? In other words, does the fee include them examining the card to ensure it wasn't damaged by the breaking of said slab? Or is that a whole different can of worms?

It's up to their discretion whether or not the crack is symptomatic of the card either being damaged or swapped out. If they deem no damage or swap possibility, then they reholder with the original grade. If they believe there is a chance the card is damaged/swapped, they'll likely email you to get your permission to crack it out, regrade (with new submission costs), and likely regrade the card. I don't know whether or not the Grade Guarantee would apply to a slab they consider damaged, and whether you'd get cut a check for the difference if they come in lower.
Your best bet is to take them to an on-site grading location like the National, and discuss it with the employees before submitting.

sycks22 05-09-2022 08:31 PM

The $50 reholder service has taken about a week on numerous occasions. The most recent was about 3 weeks ago.

BobbyStrawberry 05-09-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 2223419)
The $50 reholder service has taken about a week on numerous occasions. The most recent was about 3 weeks ago.

That's great to know - thank you, Pete.

-Matthew