Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beware eBay User Peacejuice (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=184560)

ibuysportsephemera 03-09-2014 04:06 AM

Beware eBay User Peacejuice

Hey guys, I hope this is the correct section. I am a memorabilia guy, not cards so I don't often sell cards on eBay. I feel for the card sellers if this is what they have to go through with buyers.

I sold a graded card on eBay to the user Peacejuice. The card had multiple close up photos front and back and the case was perfect. Based on previous threads here, I packaged it in bubble wrap and then a cardboard box so it couldn't be damaged in transit. The buyer Peacejuice contacted me to say that there was a crack in the case and wanted a $6 refund on a $68 card so that he could send it back to Beckett to be reslabbed. I thought that the story was a little weird and checked his feedback. It has 41 feedbacks left for others since 2/15/14 and 2 of them are negatives. Both sellers responded that he tried to get money from them and that is why he left the negatives. He also mentions small problems that were resolved with at least 3 other sellers feedbacks. Sounds to me like he is playing the feedback extortion game. I blocked him and refunded the $6 because it would be too much problems to do anything else. Just wanted to let you all know.

Jeff G@rf!nke!

savedfrommyspokes 03-09-2014 05:51 AM

Sounds like, based on this situation, you have done all you can do....took care of the guy, blocked him and informed others.

asphaltman 03-09-2014 05:56 AM

I'm not scared of receiving negative feedback. I would have asked for a photo of the card in the cracked slab before I would have handed him back $6. Had he provided that, then either something really did happen in shipping or he's just plain idiotic enough to crack it himself...either way, here's your $6 at that point.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 03-09-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asphaltman (Post 1251702)
I'm not scared of receiving negative feedback. I would have asked for a photo of the card in the cracked slab before I would have handed him back $6. Had he provided that, then either something really did happen in shipping or he's just plain idiotic enough to crack it himself...either way, here's your $6 at that point.

I agree with this approach.

bnorth 03-09-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera (Post 1251687)
Hey guys, I hope this is the correct section. I am a memorabilia guy, not cards so I don't often sell cards on eBay. I feel for the card sellers if this is what they have to go through with buyers.

I sold a graded card on eBay to the user Peacejuice. The card had multiple close up photos front and back and the case was perfect. Based on previous threads here, I packaged it in bubble wrap and then a cardboard box so it couldn't be damaged in transit. The buyer Peacejuice contacted me to say that there was a crack in the case and wanted a $6 refund on a $68 card so that he could send it back to Beckett to be reslabbed. I thought that the story was a little weird and checked his feedback. It has 41 feedbacks left for others since 2/15/14 and 2 of them are negatives. Both sellers responded that he tried to get money from them and that is why he left the negatives. He also mentions small problems that were resolved with at least 3 other sellers feedbacks. Sounds to me like he is playing the feedback extortion game. I blocked him and refunded the $6 because it would be too much problems to do anything else. Just wanted to let you all know.

Jeff G@rf!nke!

I may be in the minority here because giving this scammer the $6 just reinforces them that their scam is working perfectly. This partial refund scam just keeps getting more and more common because it works most of the time.

bobbyw8469 03-09-2014 08:29 AM

I have been a victim of that scam as well. In my instance, the buyer had every intention of cracking it out of the case, so it was his way of getting $6 back. Just refund $6, block them, and move on.......

mx14377 03-09-2014 11:56 AM

I'm a little ignorant to eBay with regards to blocking buyers because I've never had to do it. But how do we go about blocking someone from bidding? Thanks.

bobbyw8469 03-09-2014 02:27 PM

Go to site map at the bottom of the page. It is under the EBAY SUMMARY page. The under the SELL header, click on Block Bidder/Buyer List. The rest should be easy.

thecatspajamas 03-09-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx14377 (Post 1251831)
I'm a little ignorant to eBay with regards to blocking buyers because I've never had to do it. But how do we go about blocking someone from bidding? Thanks.

Go here:
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

If that doesn't work, go here and scroll down to the first big gray box where it says "To add a member to your blocked list" and click through to the above page.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

I've been on eBay for quite a while now, so my list of yahoos and goobers is quite lengthy. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way on most of them :(

bobbyw8469 03-09-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

I've been on eBay for quite a while now, so my list of yahoos and goobers is quite lengthy. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way on most of them
Ditto here Lance. And now with DSR star dingers, they have made the list as well. It is a little work to figure them out, but you can.

egbeachley 03-09-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1251726)
I may be in the minority here because giving this scammer the $6 just reinforces them that their scam is working perfectly. This partial refund scam just keeps getting more and more common because it works most of the time.

Agree 100%.

Buythatcard 03-09-2014 07:59 PM

I have had this happen to me several times as well. The buyer would say that the case was cracked and wanted a partial refund. I asked them to please send a scan of the card so that I would be able to see the damage. In addition, I told them that if the slab is damaged, I would send them a full refund once I received the card or I would pay the cost of reholdering the card. A few buyers were able to show me a scan of the card with the damage but there were several who never responded to my offers. I knew at that point those were the people who were trying to scam me. I blocked them and that was the end of it.

ibuysportsephemera 03-09-2014 08:14 PM

I did request a photo, however I asked for a high resolution photo and his response was that he didn't have a high resolution camera. At that point, I just decided that no matter what happens, he has the upper hand and I just wanted to be done with this. I basically told him that I saw his feedback left for others and if he was being dishonest for $6, it was bad karma on him. I feel much better that many of you are seeing this and maybe you are blocking him.

Jeff

ibuysportsephemera 03-24-2014 09:19 AM

Just bumping this again, because his recent feedback indicates he is still playing the same games.

Jeff

buymycards 03-24-2014 11:03 AM

Six bucks

Isn't it amazing that someone would try to cheat someone out of six bucks?

This guy must be a real loser.

D. Bergin 03-24-2014 11:21 AM

Scary. Looks like he's been busy extorting multiple sellers, even with his positive feedback left, with multiple comments like:

"had a small problem- seller resolved it immediately and generously- awesome"

and even simple hints like:

"responsive to questions"

Looks like he will throw a neg, if he doesn't get what he wants.

ibuysportsephemera 03-24-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1257913)
Scary. Looks like he's been busy extorting multiple sellers, even with his positive feedback left, with multiple comments like:

"had a small problem- seller resolved it immediately and generously- awesome"

and even simple hints like:

"responsive to questions"

Looks like he will throw a neg, if he doesn't get what he wants.

Which is why I wanted to bump this. Definitely someone to block on all eBay accounts.

Jeff