Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goldin auctions and PSA Price Guide (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=320332)

russkcpa 05-28-2022 07:52 PM

Goldin auctions and PSA Price Guide

I see Heritage, Memory Lane and REA results reported quickly. I have not seen Goldin results in some time. It would seem that 3rd party AH's voluntarily report sales to PSA for inclusion in their price guide ? Why not Goldin ? Wouldn't it be in there best interest to report ? Case in point.....1952 Topps Mantle PSA 7 sold April 10, 2022 for a record $336K in a Goldin Auction. Why not use this opportunity to report the sale ?

Is there a better 3rd party auction card price database ?

molenick 05-28-2022 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use Vintage Card Prices (VCP) which does have this sale. It is unclear if auction houses report sales to VCP or if VCP goes out and gets the data from auction sites. But note that VCP is a subscription service while PSA is free.

michael3322 05-29-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkcpa (Post 2229149)
I see Heritage, Memory Lane and REA results reported quickly. I have not seen Goldin results in some time. It would seem that 3rd party AH's voluntarily report sales to PSA for inclusion in their price guide ? Why not Goldin ? Wouldn't it be in there best interest to report ? Case in point.....1952 Topps Mantle PSA 7 sold April 10, 2022 for a record $336K in a Goldin Auction. Why not use this opportunity to report the sale ?

Is there a better 3rd party auction card price database ?

You make a great point. Might want to write to Goldin or PSA and ask.

Lorewalker 05-29-2022 01:03 AM

Goldin and PSA are owned by the same people so it makes zero sense for PSA to not report sales from their own auction house.

From Goldin's About Us page: We have joined forces with Collectors Holdings, parent company of PSA, PCGS and WATA and we are backed by some of the best investors in the world across media, technology and sports, including New York Mets owner Steve Cohen, D1 and Dan Sundheim, entrepreneur Nat Turner, The Chernin Group, and many more.

mrreality68 05-29-2022 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2229203)
Goldin and PSA are owned by the same people so it makes zero sense for PSA to not report sales from their own auction house.

From Goldin's About Us page: We have joined forces with Collectors Holdings, parent company of PSA, PCGS and WATA and we are backed by some of the best investors in the world across media, technology and sports, including New York Mets owner Steve Cohen, D1 and Dan Sundheim, entrepreneur Nat Turner, The Chernin Group, and many more.

+1 Agreed hopefully they integrate the two systems sooner than later.

On the flip side VCP is great

Rhotchkiss 05-29-2022 06:45 AM

VCP is great, however, they don’t get every auction and so their info is only partially (tending to mostly complete). My other knock on VCP is that they include eBay BIN sales, many of which I feel are fakes; I wish they would only regard auction-sales.

That said, VCP is hands down the most useful online sports guide for vintage. I love seeing the pictures and we get links to most auctions. I have used VCP for many years

Lorewalker 05-29-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 2229245)
VCP is great, however, they don’t get every auction and so their info is only partially (tending to mostly complete). My other knock on VCP is that they include eBay BIN sales, many of which I feel are fakes; I wish they would only regard auction-sales.

That said, VCP is hands down the most useful online sports guide for vintage. I love seeing the pictures and we get links to most auctions. I have used VCP for many years

What? They get data reported to them from the various venues who participate. Not sure how they are supposed to screen the data other than to just present it to us. FYI, there are likely more fake auction sales than BIN sales.

russkcpa 05-29-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael3322 (Post 2229200)
You make a great point. Might want to write to Goldin or PSA and ask.

I know they monitor this board so maybe we'll get an answer.

russkcpa 05-29-2022 11:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up on VCP. Never knew about them. Sounds like they are well worth the $$ for a subscription.