Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DELETE ppl are too sensitive. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=208159)

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 01:21 PM

DELETE ppl are too sensitive.

I have three suspected cards that I would like verification on their existence or not. Similar to this mornings thread. I own all three of these cards and according to my checklist they either supposedly don't exist or I messed up that series checklist.

Hughie Jennings portrait PD 150 fac. 30 Actually was fac. 25
Fielder Jones portrait SC 150 fac. 30
Joe Tinker bat off shoulder SC 350-460 fac. 42 Actually was a Piedmont

LKeeler 07-01-2015 01:27 PM

Hey Josh. T206Resource has the Jones and Tinker confirmed with your backs. However, it has the Jennings as a probable no print. Can you post a scan of the front and back of yours?

Rob D. 07-01-2015 01:30 PM

Here's the link: www.t206resource.com

It's a free site, so anyone can use it.

Sean 07-01-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1426515)
I have three suspected cards that I would like verification on their existence or not. Similar to this mornings thread. I own all three of these cards and according to my checklist they either supposedly don't exist or I messed up that series checklist.

Hughie Jennings portrait SC 150 fac. 30
Fielder Jones portrait SC 150 fac. 30
Joe Tinker bat off shoulder PD 350-460 fac. 42

Both the Jones portrait SC 150 Fac.30 and the Tinker bat off Pied 42 are confirmed.

The Jennings portrait SC 150 Fac.30 is not confirmed.

Josh, post a scan of the front and back of the Jennings. Also, contact Tim or Jim at T206resource.com about this card.

Also, a Tinker Pied 42? Great card. :)

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 01:45 PM

No it's not lol I made the mistake thinking it was a Piedmont which it isn't it's a SC. =(

I could scan the jennings but the file size would be too big. Upgraded my scanner and as a result of better quality higher file size.

Econteachert205 07-01-2015 01:51 PM

Josh, when my file sizes are too big on my Mac I duplicate the file and when renaming it it allows you to shrink the file size. Not sure if it helps.

Sean 07-01-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1426521)
No it's not lol I made the mistake thinking it was a Piedmont which it isn't it's a SC. =(

I could scan the jennings but the file size would be too big. Upgraded my scanner and as a result of better quality higher file size.

So you have a Tinker bat off SC 460 Fac.42 without the Overprint? Are you sure? Scan and post that one when you can.

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 02:23 PM

:D:D:D:DYea I may be "mentally challenged" (fixed for the people who are overly sensitive) It's a fac. 25

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 02:26 PM

Sorry for wasting everyone's time I incorrectly recorded them in my tracker.

Sean 07-01-2015 02:27 PM

Okay, false alarm. :D

scooter729 07-01-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1426530)
Yea I'm a sped. It's a fac. 25

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the "sped" reference right, but if it's what I think..... then seriously, you need to watch it and relax on some of the comments.

I'm far from the PC police, but that one isn't cool in my book...

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter729 (Post 1426536)
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the "sped" reference right, but if it's what I think..... then seriously, you need to watch it and relax on some of the comments.

I'm far from the PC police, but that one isn't cool in my book...

Really guy ???????? Let me conform for you so I don't hurt your feelings ??? Will it make you feel better ????

Hope your happy now.

barrysloate 07-01-2015 03:06 PM

Hey Josh- the other day you were drunk and threw out the f-word. Today you are using unacceptable terms for mentally challenged people. As a senior member of this board, could I ask you to please think first before you post something inappropriate. Thank you.

barrysloate 07-01-2015 03:12 PM

Why are people too sensitive? I don't understand.

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 03:14 PM

Will do just for you and your buddy.

I'll go on record that I won't be dealing with nor issuing any checklists to:

Scooter729 (Scott S)
barrysloate (Barry Sloate)
nolemmings (Todd Schultz)

perhpas I was over the line perhaps not. Turn on the television and you'll see far worse. But as I've seen both of you not contribute to anything meaningful besides being forum police until now I'm offended that you're so easily offended. Do you really have nothing better to do ?

Apparently I need to take a break because I'm offending people with things you can hear on television.

I came to this site to make friends and buy cards and some people want to cry about language my god is this Country up tight.

The "F" bomb WOW (deadman walking) where's the electric chair when you need one cause that's my sentence for an F bomb apparently. I've already agreed with Leon that won't happen again and admitted my fault only because it is HIS rule.

I also try and give back to the community with Checklists that I've made and currently am making. I suggest you climb out of your "rear-ends" and leave me alone. This is the last I'll be talking to either of you on this post or in the future. I have no time to defend things for overly sensitive people over a simple word, good god.

packs 07-01-2015 03:19 PM

It's not about being PC, it's about having respect for people. My aunt is mentally challenged. If someone called her sped and then shrugged and said they had a right to say whatever they wanted, I'd be extremely pissed off.

Respect everyone. You, a family member, your children, anyone can end up special needs. You'll want them to be treated with respect if they do. And you'll want an apology when someone steps out of line.

nolemmings 07-01-2015 03:19 PM

Please add me to the list of people to whom you will no longer be talking "on this post or in the future".

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1426550)
Why are people too sensitive? I don't understand.

At the rate he is going Josh won't be here long. Just keep giving him rope.

felada 07-01-2015 03:22 PM

Yeah Barry has contributed nothing meaningul to the board or collecting community. Said no one but you.
You on the other had seem to be single handley keeping the board alive with your inane posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1426553)

Scooter729 (Scott S)

perhpas I was over the line perhaps not. Turn on the television and you'll see far worse. But as I've seen both of you not contribute to anything meaningful besides being forum police until now I'm offended that you're so easily offended. Do you really have nothing better to do ?

Apparently I need to take a break because I'm offending people with things you can hear on television.

I came to this site to make friends and buy cards and some people want to cry about language my god is this Country up tight.

The "F" bomb WOW (deadman walking) where's the electric chair when you need one cause that's my sentence for an F bomb apparently. I've already agreed with Leon that won't happen again and admitted my fault only because it is HIS rule.

I also try and give back to the community with Checklists that I've made and currently am making. I suggest you climb out of your "rear-ends" and leave me alone. This is the last I'll be talking to either of you on this post or in the future. I have no time to defend things for overly sensitive people over a simple word, good god.

4815162342 07-01-2015 03:23 PM

This isn't going to end well.

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4815162342 (Post 1426559)
This isn't going to end well.

Actually it will just not for Josh.

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1426555)
It's not about being PC, it's about having respect for people. My aunt is mentally challenged. If someone called her sped and then shrugged and said they had a right to say whatever they wanted, I'd be extremely pissed off.

Respect everyone. You, a family member, your children, anyone can end up special needs. You'll want them to be treated with respect if they do. And you'll want an apology when someone steps out of line.

Note prior respectful post by Josh.

#13 Report Post Old 05-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Josh Buckley
Member Join Date: Feb 2015

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally couldn't fathom spending that much on a Mantle. But I'm assuming some of you might. The Bryant sorry if I offend anyone but whomever bought that either:

A. Has more money than they know what to do with it
B. Has a raging boner for him
C. Is retarded

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 03:30 PM

Wow well to the people I'm friends with on this site it was nice knowing you. Didn't realize I could get kicked off for such an offense.

I'm quite frankly shocked by this.

Leon don't worry I guess the message is loud and clear that my posts (inane) posts. I'll apologize to you as you let me become a member and apparently I've broken your rules too drastically (though this hasn't been said by you) and I post too often and with un-intelligent discussion.

This really is a pretty sad feeling for me over two words. WOW

Adios

bnorth 07-01-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1426562)
Wow well to the people I'm friends with on this site it was nice knowing you. Didn't realize I could get kicked off for such an offense.

I'm quite frankly shocked by this.

Leon don't worry I guess the message is loud and clear that my posts (inane) posts. I'll apologize to you as you let me become a member and apparently I've broken your rules too drastically (though this hasn't been said by you) and I post too often and with un-intelligent discussion.

This really is a pretty sad feeling for me over two words. WOW

Adios

Josh just keep the F bombs to yourself and all will be ok. For those using "mentally challenged" I hate to tell you but it has not been PC for many years. They are now refered to as "clients" and no I am not joking.

Sean1125 07-01-2015 03:36 PM

Josh,

Stop typing.

Regards,

Sean

scooter729 07-01-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Scooter729 (Scott S)
nolemmings (Todd Schultz)

Apologies if I didn't contribute enough in your eyes - what does that mean, I didn't add "LOL!" to your boner and retarded jokes? I'd rather come here for a break from other issues to talk about cards, so I can do without the immature crap. So that is why I commented, and not because I have too much free time to police your posts.

Stonepony 07-01-2015 04:00 PM

My incredibly fabulous autistic son and I say, adios!

Joshchisox08 07-01-2015 04:24 PM

I'm sorry did I openly make fun of those types of people ?????? Just curious look in the post did I ?????

I used a word. I did not use nor say anything other than a word.

GROW UP

bnorth 07-01-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonepony (Post 1426577)
My incredibly fabulous autistic son and I say, adios!

I wish nothing but the best for your incredibly fabulous son.

I hope nobody took my previous post in a negative way. This is also a very sensative subject in my household. I just wanted to point out that the term some where refering to is now also NOT PC. I also doubt Josh was using it to insult anybody. As both terms brought up at one time where PC.

It is strange how todays PC is tomorrows insult.

yanks12025 07-01-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1426587)

I hope nobody took my previous post in a negative way. This is also a very sensative subject in my household. I just wanted to point out that the term some where refering to is now also NOT PC. I also doubt Josh was using it to insult anybody. As both terms brought up at one time where PC.

Pussification of America. In today's world you can't say anything because someone will find a problem with it(jokes about mentally challenged people are not funny). But look at other things that have been going on in this country(kid makes a gun shaped pop tart and gets suspended from school, some person makes a comment and Twitter/Facebook blow up on him).

barrysloate 07-01-2015 04:47 PM

You're leaving the board Josh? Wow, people are too sensitive.

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1426587)

How about the term "retarded" which he previously used? Been a LONG time since that was PC.

bnorth 07-01-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1426599)
How about the term "retarded" which he previously used? Been a LONG time since that was PC.

Wow just wow. Glad we have such high quality members like yourself. Great contribution to this forum like always.

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1426602)
Wow just wow. Glad we have such high quality members like yourself. Great contribution to this forum like always.

If only I could live up to the high standards of contribution you have established. I am trying hard to recall even a single previous post you have made, but failing. Oh well. :eek:

sb1 07-01-2015 05:30 PM

Josh is in high company, both he and Donald Trump are going down in flames over their egregious comments. :) :)

calvindog 07-01-2015 05:32 PM

Sounds like Josh was set up on this one.

barrysloate 07-01-2015 05:34 PM

Maybe a time out would be a good idea. No reason to keep this dialogue going. I know I'm done.

packs 07-01-2015 05:38 PM

I don't even care about the word choice. Like I said it's respect that is important. If you call someone sped or a retard or refer to yourself as sped or retard when you really mean "stupid", that's disrespectful. Special needs people aren't stupid. They have special needs.

People are upset because they have special needs people in their life. You can respect that and apologize and it would be fine.

Bicem 07-01-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

I came to this site to make friends

Well done sir, well done.

Thromdog 07-01-2015 05:45 PM

Wait a second......so there is no Jennings portrait with Fact 30?

chipperhank44 07-01-2015 05:47 PM

The moral of the story:

This all could have been avoided with a simple "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'll edit my post". This thread didn't blow up because of word choice, it blew up because of a response.

The ability to take criticism graciously is absolutely invaluable.

#EssentialLifeSkills

Thromdog 07-01-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipperhank44 (Post 1426617)
The moral of the story:

The ability to take criticism graciously is absolutely invaluable.

#EssentialLifeSkills

Agreed. And there isn't a Jennings portrait with Factory 30.

insccollectibles 07-01-2015 05:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

bnorth 07-01-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thromdog (Post 1426619)
Agreed. And there isn't a Jennings portrait with Factory 30.

There could be a Jennings portrait with Factory 30 back. I hear Doug Allen knows a guy in California.;)

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1426621)
There could be a Jennings portrait with Factory 30 back. I hear Doug Allen knows a guy in California.;)

I take back what I said before LOL, that is a good and memorable post.:)

JollyRoger 07-01-2015 07:20 PM

Bringin' Adrian back

CobbvLajoie1910 07-01-2015 08:03 PM

Bring Peter C back. At least that dude made me laugh.

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbvLajoie1910 (Post 1426664)
Bring Peter C back. At least that dude made me laugh.

The greatest poster of all time. An exemplar:

#5 Report Post Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator Join Date: Mar 2009

Default OT: At least 22 Dead at Virginia Tech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By: peter chao
It is an unimaginable tragedy, thirty-one young adults have died. It's a senseless shame. This is the reason that we play sports. It allows us to take out our agressions on the playing field. Can you imagine Barry Bonds with a gun, or Wilt Chamberlain with a gun. Thank God for sports.

Peter

Peter_Spaeth 07-01-2015 08:57 PM

And

#8 Report Post Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator Join Date: Mar 2009

Default OT: At least 22 Dead at Virginia Tech

Posted By: peter chao
Jason L.,

Maybe I'm exaggerating the importance of sports. But how about Jesse Owens at Hitler's Olympic games. Wasn't he in fact showing the master race, that blacks could compete. If I'm totally off-base let me know. Without doubt the killings were a tragedy, but think of what this world would be like without the Olympics every four years.

Peter

CobbvLajoie1910 07-02-2015 03:43 AM

Yeah, when I hear the words "wax philosophically", somehow (and without fail) his name always seems to pop into my mind.

Agreed, Peter -- probably the greatest poster of all-time. Adrian, Marshall Barkman, my man OP Josh, et al. couldn't hold a candle to the brilliance that was Peter Chao.

The Shoeless Joe thread -- gold, pure gold.

Those were the days....