Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   eBay ESUS tracking issues? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=346234)

jp1216 02-12-2024 08:59 AM

eBay ESUS tracking issues?

Am I the only one to have issues getting cards from sellers that use eBay's cheaper shipping option? Tracking numbers that begin with ESUS?

I currently have four cards (all under $5 each) enroute that were shipped over a month ago. Various stages of shipping progress - various locations around the country.

Haven't seen this before. Just find it odd that I have four cards all floating around at the same time.

jchcollins 02-12-2024 03:19 PM

It was pretty crappy over the holidays, but all my stuff showed up eventually. The eBay envelopes are just the lowest class of package that can even get tracking. It's a PWE with a number on it. Not exactly the highest priority for the USPS.

bnorth 02-12-2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchcollins (Post 2412323)
It was pretty crappy over the holidays, but all my stuff showed up eventually. The eBay envelopes are just the lowest class of package that can even get tracking. It's a PWE with a number on it. Not exactly the highest priority for the USPS.

This is my experience too. Hope your cards show up soon.

Elberson 02-12-2024 06:38 PM

I’ve noticed tracking says delivered on one day but shows a day or two later

BCauley 02-13-2024 08:25 AM

I've been lucky in that I haven't had any issues in receiving anything so far, though I don't buy much anymore.

I've had cards delivered to me, I leave feedback within the hour, and ebay doesn't show them as delivered until a few days after that.

Gr8Beldini 02-13-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elberson (Post 2412368)

I'm a seller that gets all orders out immediately. I've been having a lot of inquiries from customers that tracking shows order as delivered when they haven't been. Have had about a dozen or so like this. Haven't had the USPS lose one on me yet. They always show up soon afterward.

philliesfan 02-13-2024 02:55 PM

My shipments seem to be slow also. Sometimes they show out for delivery after they have been delivered.
Bob

jp1216 02-13-2024 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elberson (Post 2412368)

I've seen that several times too. These four cards aren't showing that. One was scanned once - a month ago. One was scanned at a nearby post office - 3 weeks ago. One had two 'in transit' scans over a month ago. The fourth card was returned to the seller for some reason. He said he'll try again. That card moved around for five weeks the first time.

bocca001 02-13-2024 03:45 PM

I've had two of these disappear since Dec. The only ebay items I've ever had not delivered in 20 years. They were relatively low value, so I haven't tried to follow-up at the post office, but I've heard that they aren't scanned by carriers. Just machines as they are being sorted.

jchcollins 02-13-2024 03:53 PM

To me, the USPS is like Beckett Grading Services. It may not be the best. It may not be the flashiest. But it's consistent, and 9 times out of 10 you know what you are going to get.

Mike D. 02-13-2024 04:25 PM

I've had the same experience with "shows delivered but shows up the next day" plenty of times. I heard somewhere they basically track the "bundle" of mail it's in, not the individual item, so it's not super accurate.

jchcollins 02-13-2024 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D. (Post 2412653)
I've had the same experience with "shows delivered but shows up the next day" plenty of times. I heard somewhere they basically track the "bundle" of mail it's in, not the individual item, so it's not super accurate.

They also don't track them past hubs. So if it gets to the hub, sometimes it's marked "delivered" when in reality it needs to go to a local PO the next day, and then be put out for delivery.

bocca001 02-13-2024 05:31 PM

It is also common for me to have them marked as delivered and then show up a few days later. Both of my issues were marked as delivered, but they never arrived, so something happened at the end of the line. Because USPS and ebay see the tracking as delivered, there is really nothing I can do. And it isn't the seller's fault.

jchcollins 02-13-2024 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bocca001 (Post 2412674)
It is also common for me to have them marked as delivered and then show up a few days later. Both of my issues were marked as delivered, but they never arrived, so something happened at the end of the line. Because USPS and ebay see the tracking as delivered, there is really nothing I can do. And it isn't the seller's fault.

No, but if you are buying on eBay and don't get what you paid for, you are covered. I try not to offend sellers when I know it's not their fault, but you can bet I'll be filing a claim on something if I really don't get it. I don't care if it's a $5 card. That's the supposed benefit of a platform like eBay. Many times they will investigate and refund you without docking the seller if they can tell what happened.

mrmopar 02-20-2024 06:46 PM

Some take a long time, a few have been "lost". I am not as much a fan of the process as i was when it first went live, mainly because the USPS doesn't seem to recognize the tracking. I am not sure how updates even happen if the USPS isn't scanning/updating.

I will definitely only use this method for easily replacable cards. if the card or item is unique (but cheap), I will pay the extra couple of bucks to help ensure it doesn't disappear with a "sorry, it's lost, what do you want us to do about it?"