Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   possible consumer fraud (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=90336)

Archive 07-17-2008 04:08 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Bruce Perry</b><p>has anyone here had experience with ebay whereby you won some lots, paid for the cards but never received the merchandise...my 2 cards amounted to $665....this is a first for me after 10 years of buying extensively on ebay...I have started the ebay dispute process, but I know ebay is probably not going to get my money back or put enough pressure upon the seller so I actually receive the cards..the seller is 1527brian from Sagamore Beach MA...I contacted the MA Office of the Attorney General consumer complaints division, but I have not heard back yet....I hope this is only a misunderstanding as the sellers limited feedback was all positive, but I have not had any response to emails, in fact all my emails get rejected...thanks in advance for any advice

Archive 07-17-2008 04:25 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Sagamore is a village in the small town of Bourne, Mass. Call Bourne PD 508.759.4451. They have an internet crimes division. <br />Chief Baldwin's email; evb@bournepolice.com<br /><br />kick some butt.<br /><br />

Archive 07-17-2008 04:58 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Bruce Perry</b><p>thanks for the information

Archive 07-17-2008 05:12 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Bruce, Email me direct if you'd like a few of us to pay your seller a friendly visit on our <br />Hawgs (They can be persuasive). It's a few towns up Cape, but along the way to our favorite biker bar in Plymouth. It'll cost ya just one pitcher.

Archive 07-17-2008 06:34 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Steve- a job like that should be worth a pitcher and a half.<br /><br />Hi Bruce- sorry to hear about that, but if the seller has perfect feedback there's a pretty good chance he will come through. Maybe you should give it a little more time.

Archive 07-17-2008 07:18 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Rawn Hill</b><p>Give me a call Steve, I like that kind of stuff.<br /><br />Rawn

Archive 07-17-2008 07:22 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Tony Andrea</b><p>Bruce -<br />How long has it been since the seller received payment??<br /><br />Tony

Archive 07-17-2008 09:11 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>Bruce,<br /><br />I would call the Bourne Police as stated above or even the Plymouth Police - also Sagamore is near the Plymouth County Sheriff’s Office maybe they can help. Please keep us posted, if you want you can email me the more info. The seller may go to some of the local shows I attend<br /><br />Good Luck<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive 07-21-2008 05:11 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Bruce Perry</b><p>well the cards finally arrived 4 weeks after I won them on ebay...in retrospect, I probably should have been more patient, but I was concerned I would not have them for the Chicago national...but what bothered me the most was the total lack of communication of the seller, even after the ebay dispute was began...and the fact that the seller had a bogus, non working ebay listed email address....I think it is the responsibility of any ebay seller to have updated email information on file with ebay...thanks to all who earlier responded....I even received a nice, formal letter from the MA Attorney Generals Office saying they could not help as this was a "private" matter, but they offered some suggestions...for those going to the national, have a safe trip, and I look forward to meeting some of you at the net 54 get together Thursday July 31 at the Embassy Suites hotel

Archive 07-21-2008 05:58 PM

possible consumer fraud

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>yea, four weeks is BS. Happy it worked out for you BP.