Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1938 Goudey Proof (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91059)

rhettyeakley 12-13-2009 09:50 PM

Bruce, it was a post you made back on 10-09-2008 (on the old forum). Archive isn't a person it is simply the title of every single post brought over from the old forum.

Hope this helps
-Rhett

botn 12-13-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 (Post 767664)
In his post with regard to the 1938 Goudey Archive attributes a post to us
that we never made.

We take our posts very seriously, and we believe that attributing a post to
someone else is a crime.

Archive please issue am immediate apology. We are prepared to take further
action, if necessary

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List

Guess one of the Bruces made that post without the other Bruce knowing about it.

Was cracking up reading Bruce admonishing himself. Reminded me of a dog chasing its tail. Good stuff Bruce. Thanks for more laughs.

HRBAKER 12-13-2009 10:23 PM

Yep, that Archive is sinister fellow with a great sense of irony.

ctownboy 12-13-2009 11:04 PM

That Archive guy is a scary fellow.

I mean, looking back at some of his posts on different subjects, he seems to KNOW exactly what I was thinking and articulates those thoughts JUST like I would have.

Eerie.

David

timn1 12-13-2009 11:10 PM

ha!

I also really like the idea of Bruce "taking further action" and suing himself.

Jantz 12-13-2009 11:36 PM

Hands down....

Quote:

that we never made.

someone else is a crime.

action, if necessary

Bruce Dorskind

Best Post of the Year right there.

No need to even count the votes!

Leon 12-14-2009 12:01 AM

have to agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jantz (Post 767684)
Best Post of the Year right there.

No need to even count the votes!

I agree with you guys. You just can't make this stuff up. This is classic.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_130.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

Kawika 12-14-2009 12:44 AM

What is the frequency, Archive?

Rob D. 12-14-2009 04:55 AM

Magna. Cum. Laude.

calvindog 12-14-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika (Post 767697)
What is the frequency, Archive?

Ok, this is now the third best post of the year with David's from Saturday pushed to second for reasons made clear on this thread.

Jim VB 12-14-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 767704)
Magna. Cum. Laude.

Not just the honors, but from The Wharton School, in case you didn't know.

autograf 12-14-2009 06:36 AM

From the Wharton hears a Who? school..............

Jim VB 12-14-2009 07:00 AM

Jantz,

I like the new signature line!

Matt 12-14-2009 07:06 AM

What a wonderful Holiday gift for all of us.

thanks Bruce!

HRBAKER 12-14-2009 07:11 AM

During his tenure at Net54 Archive has wreaked a considerable amout of havoc. Let's hope he backs off in 2010.

Matt 12-14-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 767717)
During his tenure at Net54 Archive has wreaked a considerable amout of havoc. Let's hope he backs off in 2010.

Jeff - we issued Archive an infraction shortly after moving over to this new forum and he made some angry post about it and we haven't heard from him since. I doubt we'll be seeing him around any more.

Bigb13 12-14-2009 08:02 AM

So do you guys think I should go to GAI and see if they will give me my money and take this card off of the market? Rob

Al C.risafulli 12-14-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

that we never made.

someone else is a crime.

action, if necessary
This is the greatest thing I've ever read on this board. Seriously.

It's so great that I can't even come up with a snarky comment that's funnier than the original post.

-Al

cardinalcollector 12-14-2009 08:33 AM

I don't post much, but I've read this board for several years.

I have tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

Leon, can you get this archive fellow to speak at the National next year?

Randy

Jim VB 12-14-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigb13 (Post 767722)
So do you guys think I should go to GAI and see if they will give me my money and take this card off of the market? Rob

I think Mike Baker of GAI has already given his answer. He says that the card was graded by the "old" GAI (of which he was President) and that company is now gone. He is now President of the "new" GAI and they hold no responsibility.

I would follow up with the seller, then Ebay and Paypal. If you used a credit card through Paypal, add them in the loop.

The card you received is not as described. That alone should get you a refund. You may need to have another grading company look at it (but don't crack it out of the slab) and give you an opinion. I suggest SGC.

Jim VB 12-14-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli (Post 767723)
This is the greatest thing I've ever read on this board. Seriously.

It's so great that I can't even come up with a snarky comment that's funnier than the original post.

-Al

The first time I read it, I thought he was kidding. My initial reaction was, "Wow! I didn't know Bruce had a sense of humor." It took me all of 4 seconds to realize he was serious.

Edited to add: Leon, please lock this thread so it can't be "fixed."

HRBAKER 12-14-2009 09:05 AM

"I think Mike Baker of GAI has already given his answer. He says that the card was graded by the "old" GAI (of which he was President) and that company is now gone. He is now President of the "new" GAI and they hol;d no responsibility."

A familiar refrain if so.

Al C.risafulli 12-14-2009 09:34 AM

Incidentally - the last post written in this thread was written by the "old" me.

I am the "new" me, and therefore take no responsibility for that other post. And anybody who feels I should still be responsible can go pound sand.

-Al

Peter_Spaeth 12-14-2009 10:17 AM

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Leon 12-14-2009 10:24 AM

Randy

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 767728)
I don't post much, but I've read this board for several years.

I have tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

Leon, can you get this archive fellow to speak at the National next year?

Randy

I am right there with you on preserving this thread. The good thing about the Group is that they rarely come back to a thread and answer any questions. My guess is that they are still trying to figure this Archive guy, and his brother Archive2, out. Once he gets their email addresses it's all over. They will be getting revival threats as they are already deceased. I could lock this thread to preserve it but BOTN (Greg) and Jantz have already preserved the initial golden response above. So no matter what, unless they edit their own posts, the comments will be there. Take care..Man, I love this board sometimes.....

Jim VB 12-14-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 767738)
"I think Mike Baker of GAI has already given his answer. He says that the card was graded by the "old" GAI (of which he was President) and that company is now gone. He is now President of the "new" GAI and they hol;d no responsibility."

A familiar refrain if so.

Jeff,

I was going off the post by ncinin up above.

I quote: "I emailed the current GAI and received this response:

"Hi

The card was graded by Global Authentication and was one of the three labels used by the company. The company is no lnoger in the business of grading cards. If you need anything else let me know.

Best,

Mike Baker
Global Authority"

It seems to me that we have heard this story somewhere before, just can't put my finger on it...

danmckee 12-14-2009 08:04 PM

This garbage seller has me blocked, i wanted to buy a frankenstein for $10 but no luck, what a low life!

barrysloate 12-15-2009 08:04 AM

I missed this thread completely until Leon pointed it out to me this morning....Holy moley!

Jim VB 12-15-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 767956)
I missed this thread completely until Leon pointed it out to me this morning....Holy moley!

Hey! I don't know who you are, coming on here pretending to be Barry Sloate, but prepare to be sued, by yourself!

barrysloate 12-15-2009 08:30 AM

Bruce is always very quick to assert his will, and has a trigger finger when it comes to potential lawsuits...he isn't like that in person, it's just his persona behind the safety of a computer.

Matt 12-15-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 767961)
Bruce is always very quick to assert his will, and has a trigger finger when it comes to potential lawsuits...he isn't like that in person, it's just his persona behind the safety of a computer.

http://www.clubfuji.com/Ash/a%20InternetToughGuy.jpg

death threat received.

barrysloate 12-15-2009 08:55 AM

Matt, you hit the nail on the head.

HRBAKER 12-15-2009 04:23 PM

He can't hold a candle to Archive, now that guy is trouble.

Al C.risafulli 12-15-2009 05:21 PM

I keep coming back to this thread, wondering if it's really possible that somebody threatened the software with a lawsuit, and each time I re-read it, I can't help but burst into laughter.

54 really is a great message board, but the silliness we encounter here sometimes really can't be described.

-Al

Jim VB 12-15-2009 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you're reading it wrong, Al. He wasn't really threatening to sue the software. That would be silly.

He was threatening to sue HIMSELF!

botn 12-15-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 768085)
I think you're reading it wrong, Al. He wasn't really threatening to sue the software. That would be silly.

He was threatening to sue HIMSELF!

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/z...-Castellaneta- Gotta have your speakers on to really appreciate it.

vintagewhitesox 12-15-2009 07:27 PM

The members of the Dorskind group really need to communicate better with one another.

Wesley 12-15-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

that we never made.

someone else is a crime.

action, if necessary

Bruce Dorskind

:eek:

No one is ever going to be able to top this one.

bijoem 12-15-2009 07:40 PM

Who's Archive?

'you find that crazy typewriter, and you'll have your Archive'

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UM6-VeQ_KPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UM6-VeQ_KPk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bigb13 12-15-2009 08:17 PM

Can we can back to what this thread is about?

Jim VB 12-15-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigb13 (Post 768123)
Can we can back to what this thread is about?

Asked and answered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 767735)
I think Mike Baker of GAI has already given his answer. He says that the card was graded by the "old" GAI (of which he was President) and that company is now gone. He is now President of the "new" GAI and they hold no responsibility.

I would follow up with the seller, then Ebay and Paypal. If you used a credit card through Paypal, add them in the loop.

The card you received is not as described. That alone should get you a refund. You may need to have another grading company look at it (but don't crack it out of the slab) and give you an opinion. I suggest SGC.

What else do you want the board to do? Over a year ago Dan Mckee outed these cards as fakes. You didn't know and bought one. If you haven't paid, don't. If you have, take the steps necessary to get your money back.

In the meantime, don't rain on our parade when we have the best shot ever of laughing at all the Dorskinds. :D

Bicem 12-15-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

that we never made.

someone else is a crime.

action, if necessary

Bruce Dorskind

http://s3.amazonaws.com/giles/apolog...8/axe_fail.jpg

Jim VB 12-15-2009 09:24 PM

By the way, while Bruce will probably not comment on this thread again, he is following it closely.

He just sent me a PM wishing me a Merry Christmas (honest to God) and told me that the publicity from this has allowed him to close on three new deals.

He says that he intends on having the last laugh.

HRBAKER 12-15-2009 09:29 PM

He should hope to be misquoted more often. Good for him, and good for us too. A little levity is a good thing.

Jim VB 12-15-2009 09:34 PM

I just hope he sent a thank you and an apology to Archive.

botn 12-15-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 768141)
By the way, while Bruce will probably not comment on this thread again, he is following it closely.

He just sent me a PM wishing me a Merry Christmas (honest to God) and told me that the publicity from this has allowed him to close on three new deals.

Not sure which of the Bruces you spoke with but they emailed me yesterday at 1:05 PST telling me "While your posting away, we are bought five cards from our want list and closed three substantial business deals."

Looks like one of the Bruces has some more deals to close if he wants to catch up.

Oh and this Bruce did not wish me a Merry Christmas but told me to go play in the fires.

Rob D. 12-16-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim VB (Post 768141)

Let's see ... it's allegedly America's Toughest Want List. Yet seemingly whenever Bruce's name is mentioned anywhere on the board, the publicity leads to multiple offers to acquire "important" cards he needs. At this rate he'll own every baseball card in existence by the next presidential election. Well, at least the important ones.

Bruce certainly deserves the last laugh. Lord knows he's provided enough of them to the folks on this board.

Wait ... hear that? He just closed another megadeal.

barrysloate 12-16-2009 04:47 AM

Take all that is said with a very large grain of salt.

Jim VB 12-16-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botn (Post 768154)
"While your posting away, we are bought five cards from our want list and closed three substantial business deals."

I guess English grammar and usage were never emphasized at Ivy League schools.

Rob D. 12-16-2009 06:07 AM

That's defined as "writing style" by at least one Wharton grad, Jim.