Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T205 Question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117352)

Bobsbats 11-01-2009 05:06 PM

T205 Question

My father and I have decided to change direction with our overall collection and I have a question regarding T205's. We started collecting the T-205 set years ago and have assembled slightly over 2/3's of the set, including all of the HOF's. With all of the changes made to EBAY, I am shying away from selling them there. Most of them are not graded, but I would be willing to get them graded if people thought it would enhance my ability to maximize the value and reduce any doubts about the grade. My question is:

How would you liquidate them?
Where would you sell them?

I have sold an item via the B/S/T and that seemed to work out great, but is that a possibilty with that many cards?

Is the auction aspect of the B/S/T an option for some?

There is no rush and I am really only selling them because our interests have changed, an unfortunately become more expensive. So I would have time to have them graded if need be.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks in advance for your responses

Bob

Pup6913 11-01-2009 05:11 PM

most of us T205 collectors can eyeball the raw cards with good enough F/B scans to determine a fair grade. Yes grading will deffinitaly help but is not completely necessary as some don't buy or collect graded. Make a list w/prices and post on the BST. What doesen't sell dump on Ebay. I am sure we all would make an offer for a card we may think is a bit above market, just buy the others priced right. Alterations also is an issue with raw. They would need a guarentee to grade numerically before you got full value also. I hope this helps.

GasHouseGang 11-02-2009 11:09 AM

I would agree with Andrew, but just add that anything you do try to sell on ebay, get it graded first. Ebay is a crap shoot, and you give buyers much more confidence to bid on your items when they are graded.

BobbyVCP 11-02-2009 11:22 AM

Leon's new auction format should be up any day now and I am sure he would love for you to use it.

Mrc32 11-02-2009 12:32 PM

best way

I think the best way is to put them on BST first with good front/back scans.

Then put the rest on eBay.

Unless they are high grade (Ex or higher) then I would go the auction house route.

Bobsbats 11-02-2009 04:46 PM

I want to thank everyone for the quick responses. Leons auctions maybe be a great idea and at the present time ( with only a few graded) it also will be a viable option for the B/S/T as well with good scans of the F/B. I wanted to say thank you to those who have responded on the board and off.

smtjoy 11-02-2009 07:40 PM

Get them graded, otherwise you are leaving money on the table. Then once graded get a daily sub to VCP and price them out. If you just dont like ebay then selling here is a good place, just have good scans and know your price. Ebay is great if you must or cant sell any here, put them on a .99 cent auction and any remaining T205's will sell for sure at market price in 7 days.