Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How much does autograph authentication cost? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=158012)

ullmandds 10-22-2012 01:47 PM

How much does autograph authentication cost?

Can anyone help me with costs associated with authenticating an autograph?

HOF Auto Rookies 10-22-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1046256)
Can anyone help me with costs associated with authenticating an autograph?

Depends on the player, can vary from $25 to $1,000+ and the item it is signed on and the company authenticating.

psadna.com , sgccard.com will have JSA. Or just talk to Jim Stinson or Richard Simon and save some money

ullmandds 10-22-2012 01:56 PM

thanks...I google searched...it seems to authenticate Mickey Mantle is $100...what a rip off!!!!

HOF Auto Rookies 10-22-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1046263)
thanks...I google searched...it seems to authenticate Mickey Mantle is $100...what a rip off!!!!

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, we have a lot of members on the autograph side who are experts on Mantle autographs, so they'd know for sure. If you're looking for resale, then yes, unfortunately most likely you will have to get a COA from a TPG to maximize your potential profits

ullmandds 10-22-2012 02:08 PM

thanks...I was there when I got it autographed...like all of the autographs I own...so I know it's real!!!!!!

But as you've said...if I want to sell it...obviously this isn't enough!

Leon 10-22-2012 02:34 PM

I have spoken with one of the authenticators that frequent this board about this subject. We are discussing having them authenticate for a small fee through the board.....It's not eminent and nothing is set in stone yet.....but we are discussing it.

chaddurbin 10-22-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1046267)
thanks...I was there when I got it autographed...like all of the autographs I own...so I know it's real!!!!!!

pete--even though you know your e94 wagner is authentic and unaltered, would you sell it raw?

ullmandds 10-22-2012 04:42 PM

"pete--even though you know your e94 wagner is authentic and unaltered, would you sell it raw? "

While I understand your point...it's apples and oranges!!!!!!

Anyone with a fair amount of hobby experience should be able to detect trimmed/altered cards with good scans...but I don't know the first thing about identifying real vs fake autographs?!

I guess I just proved your point!!!!!!!!!!

HOF Auto Rookies 10-22-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1046267)

Well, that's just here say unless you can prove it, not saying you're lying, but I've heard that story a few thousand too many times.