Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bought my 38th T205 today! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=164870)

EvilKing00 03-07-2013 03:45 PM

Bought my 38th T205 today!

So i have 38 of the 221 fronts, along with 11 of the 18 backs.

I also have a few MC backs, 1 ghost, and 2 or 3 printing errors maybe?

I wish i had time to scan them in a post them, I will do it soon one day.

I also bought a Drum tobacco pouch & Roling papers (bought seperatly), looks real cool as well as an empty pack of sweet caporal smokes.

Addiction to cigarettes??? lol what about the Cards?

familytoad 03-07-2013 10:54 PM

Off to a good start, EK!

I am a T205 guy too.

Are you going to try for a master set (all variations), or a base set, or a subset with all available backs?
Are you a slabber or do you collect raw? ( I do both, but do have a registry master going for good measure)

Best of luck:D

T205 GB 03-08-2013 12:06 AM

Keep it up. The end is the challenging part. Stopped the set and now focus in research and backs.

freakhappy 03-08-2013 12:19 AM

205's

Congrats, EK! Looks like you are off to a great start, especially with the backs. I've thought about starting a T205 set a few times, but will probably wait until I finish a set or two. If I have as much fun collecting 205's as 206's, I'm game.

Andrew...I have a feeling I'm gonna be leaning on you when I start :D

T205 GB 03-08-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakhappy (Post 1100313)
Congrats, EK! Looks like you are off to a great start, especially with the backs. I've thought about starting a T205 set a few times, but will probably wait until I finish a set or two. If I have as much fun collecting 205's as 206's, I'm game.

Andrew...I have a feeling I'm gonna be leaning on you when I start :D

Mike I will be happy to help anyway I can as well as guys like Josh, Eric, Andrew, Turner, Marc, Ron, Frank, Scott B, and so on. Ask away.

EvilKing00 03-08-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by familytoad (Post 1100294)
Off to a good start, EK!

I am a T205 guy too.

Are you going to try for a master set (all variations), or a base set, or a subset with all available backs?
Are you a slabber or do you collect raw? ( I do both, but do have a registry master going for good measure)

Best of luck:D

not sure what u would call it but - im going for every front, every back, (Not like a tinker with 18 backs, but just every back total with all my fronts)
Also a few miscuts, printing errors are also fun. I collect both graded & raw, mostly in VG condition.

I have also put together a pretty cool sheet, that helps me keep track of what I have, along with prices, backs, &more. If anyone wants it just shoot me an email, id be happy to help anyone who thinks it may help them

EvilKing00 03-09-2013 04:17 PM

42!!! just over 1/3 way there

nebboy 03-10-2013 09:26 AM

I'm a T205 guy also. My # is around 80. I've tryed to work on the little harder to find cards first and wait on the easy ones, unless the price is so good I can't pass it up. But I will say of late I've been thinking of getting rid of the commons and just work on the list below.

I need
(8, more HOFs)
(8, SPs)
(5, ML)
(12, variations)

Good luck with the set!

EvilKing00 03-10-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebboy (Post 1101374)
I'm a T205 guy also. My # is around 80. I've tryed to work on the little harder to find cards first and wait on the easy ones, unless the price is so good I can't pass it up. But I will say of late I've been thinking of getting rid of the commons and just work on the list below.

I need
(8, more HOFs)
(8, SPs)
(5, ML)
(12, variations)

Good luck with the set!

thats awesome, i been trying to basicly get what I can, i have a good mix of ML, SP, HOF and commons.

T205 GB 03-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebboy (Post 1101374)

I need
(8, more HOFs)
(8, SPs)
(5, ML)
(12, variations)

Good luck with the set!

John how are you? I thought you disappeared. May have some cards for you if you are buying. You have any for me:confused: