Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Took some of my stuff to a safe deposit box. Snapped a pic before I left (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256085)

Promethius88 06-09-2018 07:18 AM

What, putting them in a paper sack and shoving them under your bed doesn't make you feel safe??? Lol, great lot of cards!

ruth_rookie 06-09-2018 08:35 AM

more eye candy

6 Attachment(s)
I was in my annual mood to resort my collection from player to year/issue this morning, so snapped a few photos. You're right, the sight of all those cool cards at once is a pretty awesome feeling. I don't know how you could part with yours by putting them in a safety deposit box. I gotta look at my babies at least once a month. Of course you probably sleep better at night knowing they're safe.

Snapolit1 06-09-2018 08:56 AM

Nice.
Paying strong for Gehrig US Caramels. Just sayin.

ruth_rookie 06-09-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1785075)
Nice.
Paying strong for Gehrig US Caramels. Just sayin.

Ha I can’t part with it. I actually just added his companion a couple of weeks ago... ‘32 u.s. caramel ruth psa 7. Haven’t mustered the courage to tell the wife her “new car money” somehow disappeared!

brob28 06-09-2018 09:33 AM

I love seeing groups like that great stuff guys. As for the "box" I got one a few years back and have about 20-30 cards stored. Had to do it when I felt I had enough $ tied up in those few that it would really hurt if they were to burn or walk. I have scans of them all and it's only about 2 miles from my house so I can see them whenever the urge gets strong.

pawpawdiv9 06-09-2018 09:41 AM

Nice cards guys. That's about how my collecting looks like.

ruth_rookie 06-09-2018 09:49 AM

I actually bought a five-foot tall fireproof safe that I store them in, along with some weaponry. Supposedly it’s fireproof anyway. I’d hate to ever see it put to the test. I figure it’s better than storing them in a brown paper bag under the bed!

Scott L. 06-09-2018 10:51 AM

Jason that’s an incredible collection!

I think I might go the fireproof gun safe route as well but I have logistics to figure out. I’m hoping the safe deposit box isn’t a long term thing.

pawpawdiv9 06-09-2018 11:15 AM

a tad off-topic but I need to follow up on Insurance.
I know folks say cards are insured to & from shipping and etc.
I just like to have the extra assurance they are protected and what steps that are needed to follow and whats the best?

Chris Counts 06-09-2018 11:31 AM

I have four safety deposit boxes filled with my best cards, which I've all scanned, so I can look at them whenever I like. It's inconvenient and pricey, but I sleep better. I also noticed the 1952 Topps card of Tony Bartirome, who looks out of place next to all those aces and heavy hitters. But I recall that one of his relatives is hording his cards, so it's probably a great investment.