Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best Methods for Packaging Programs For Mailing (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=235526)

hardware303 02-17-2017 12:16 PM

Best Methods for Packaging Programs For Mailing

Looking for input on the best/safest ways to package up one or more programs for shipping. Nothing overly valuable or fragile but still worth taking the time to protect nevertheless. Polypro bags, sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard, bubble mailer, etc.? Any or all of these and what other methods have people out there used with success? Thanks!

ibuysportsephemera 02-17-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardware303 (Post 1632267)
Looking for input on the best/safest ways to package up one or more programs for shipping. Nothing overly valuable or fragile but still worth taking the time to protect nevertheless. Polypro bags, sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard, bubble mailer, etc.? Any or all of these and what other methods have people out there used with success? Thanks!

Everything I own is in a bag and board combo. I usually slip that in a priority mail flat rate envelope, add a piece of cardboard for a stiffener and pack in a #4 or #5 bubble mailer. I also put an orange Do Not Bend sticker on the envelope. I have never had a complaint and have sold thousands and thousands of publications on eBay.

Jeff

hardware303 02-17-2017 12:37 PM

That's exactly the kind of guidance I was looking for - thanks, Jeff.

Hardy

almostdone 02-17-2017 03:34 PM

As far as a box if you go to your local pizza place and see if you can get a unused unfolded box. Then fold it inside out and tape the edges down. Very sturdy and perfect for shipping flat item like programs, magazines, even old final records.
Hope this helps you or maybe someone else.
Drew

thecatspajamas 02-17-2017 05:55 PM

I pack flat items in a bag and board, sandwich between cardboard, and then in a plain manila envelope or polyjacket (plastic) envelope. I have actually found that shipping flats in bubble mailers actually encourages bending, and it is very hit and miss whether carriers pay attention to anything written on the package other than the address. Basically, the more physically difficult it is to bend, and the more it resembles shipping a board, the better.

megalimey 02-20-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardware303 (Post 1632267)

when mailing USPS you can send items up to 16 oz for less than $4
an item weighing up to 8 oz costs at least $3
the extra 8 oz is a lot of extra cardboard you can add for protection at only a dollar more , any local store you use always throws out lots of old boxes so finding clean cardboard to cut up is not hard

hardware303 02-26-2017 11:03 AM

Great suggestions from everyone. Much appreciated!