Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long currently for PSA to enter order into their system? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=250510)

iwantitiwinit 02-07-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robw1959 (Post 1745595)
PSA received a 5-day and a 10-day submission from me in December. They didn't mail the 5-day back to me until February, and I'm still waiting for the 10-day. Glad I didn't choose anything longer than a 5 or 10-day!

In my book that spells REFUND. THAT LENGTH OF TIME IS INEXCUSABLE.

bobbyw8469 02-07-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 1745993)
In my book that spells REFUND. THAT LENGTH OF TIME IS INEXCUSABLE.

You thought PWCC was busy...you should see the amount of packages PSA gets!

RedsFan1941 02-07-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1745995)
You thought PWCC was busy...you should see the amount of packages PSA gets!

have you visited PSA's offices and seen them? would love to hear details.

Steve L 02-07-2018 03:29 PM

Last year was my first year to submit cards to PSA. Out of about 20 cards submitted, 4 were labelled wrong - totally wrong set. Each time, I listed the correct set on the order form and noted how this was the first time a card of this type was being graded by PSA - my comments were not followed at all. The first one I noticed was wrong upon receiving the card from PSA, I called and they told me how to send it back for regrading - no charge. For the second one which was labelled wrong - I happened to notice that they post the results of their grading before they send them back to me - so I called immediately and was told that the reason they post the results before sending them was so that the customer could review the label. They corrected the label before it was shipped to me. So I was prepared for the third submission of a different card, it was again labelled wrongly by PSA, called right away after PSA posted how the card was labelled and it was fixed. In the end, all were correct, but it sure wasn't easy. All four errors were for pre-war cards that had never been graded by PSA for 4 different sets. One can only guess why the errors occurred. In January, I submitted more cards with 2 never before graded by PSA, I watch every day so I can call and report the possible labelling errors, but so far they have not been logged into the system. At least I know they received them.

Anish 02-07-2018 06:52 PM

PSA is a joke right now. They need to hire some more people.

Just got back a 10 day that was logged in November and the cards are not even slabbed properly. If I had known it would be like this, I wouldn’t have renewed my membership.

bobbyw8469 02-07-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 1746068)
PSA is a joke right now. They need to hire some more people.

Just got back a 10 day that was logged in November and the cards are not even slabbed properly. If I had known it would be like this, I wouldn’t have renewed my membership.

WOW....that don't even sound right.......when in November was it logged? Even if it was late November (after Thanksgiving), and accounting for holidays, you are saying it took 45 days to do a 10 day order????

jb67 02-07-2018 07:59 PM

Just posted by Joe O. over on the other board:

Hello All,

I wanted to post this after having several conversations with customers.

The amount of recent, incoming business to PSA has been unprecedented. I have been here for over 18 years and have simply seen nothing like it.

Our staff is fully aware of how slow the turnaround times have been. There is no reason to sugar coat it…from entering the submissions into the system to shipping them out, it has been slow.

While we have added several people to our staff since our move in November and authorized plenty of overtime, the demand for our services has outpaced our ability to keep up.

The reality is that we simply can’t “go faster” or cut corners in a business like ours. Each person, at every stage of the process, is only capable of processing so many items per day.

In addition, we are handling your valuables and our company takes that quite seriously. We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time.

The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before.

We have a loyal and passionate customer base, one that drives our brand and business. I have been on the other side (as a customer) and know how frustrating it can be to not get your collectibles back in a timely manner. So, any frustration shared by our customers out there is completely understood.

All our company can say is that we appreciate your patience more than you know as we work to further build our capacity – the right way.

Take care and thank you for your understanding,
Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.
President, PSA & PSA/DNA

Anish 02-07-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1746075)
WOW....that don't even sound right.......when in November was it logged? Even if it was late November (after Thanksgiving), and accounting for holidays, you are saying it took 45 days to do a 10 day order????

Yup. Logged 11/10/17 and mailed 1/29/18.

ngnichols 02-08-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb67 (Post 1746081)

Hello All,

The amount of recent, incoming business to PSA has been unprecedented. I have been here for over 18 years and have simply seen nothing like it.

Our staff is fully aware of how slow the turnaround times have been. There is no reason to sugar coat it…from entering the submissions into the system to shipping them out, it has been slow.

While we have added several people to our staff since our move in November and authorized plenty of overtime, the demand for our services has outpaced our ability to keep up.

The reality is that we simply can’t “go faster” or cut corners in a business like ours. Each person, at every stage of the process, is only capable of processing so many items per day.

In addition, we are handling your valuables and our company takes that quite seriously. We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time.

The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before.

We have a loyal and passionate customer base, one that drives our brand and business. I have been on the other side (as a customer) and know how frustrating it can be to not get your collectibles back in a timely manner. So, any frustration shared by our customers out there is completely understood.

All our company can say is that we appreciate your patience more than you know as we work to further build our capacity – the right way.

Joe Orlando
President, PSA & PSA/DNA

LOL, so basically "Tough Shit. Deal with it."

Reads almost like Jeromy Murray's letter to BGS customers last year and that went over like a wet fart in church. He got crucified on message boards all over the place.

toledo_mudhen 02-09-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1746403)
LOL, so basically "Tough Shit. Deal with it."

Reads almost like Jeromy Murray's letter to BGS customers last year and that went over like a wet fart in church. He got crucified on message boards all over the place.

Yea - I feel much better about this now wtf

autograf 02-09-2018 04:48 AM

PSA's stock took a bath yesterday because they cut their yearly dividend in half from $1.40 to $.70. Yahoo shows Joe O has 41,000 shares, so that cost him about $385,000 yesterday in losses at $9.37 a share and will cost him about $28,000 in dividend losses per year. Sounds like some savvy business decisions PSA's CEO is making.....wait, who is that?

Republicaninmass 02-09-2018 04:58 AM

While their bread and butter in the coin side is flailing away, cards are busier, far busier, busier than ever? A monh to open a package? Maybe they DOWNSIZED? Just another conspiracy theory, but 2+2 doesnt add to 4 here.

iwantitiwinit 02-09-2018 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb67 (Post 1746081)

Hello All,

Joe Orlando
President, PSA & PSA/DNA

Fair enough.

calvindog 02-09-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit (Post 1746446)
Fair enough.

Maybe they can stop accepting quick turnaround fees for incredibly slow service without crediting the customer for the difference?

bobbyw8469 02-09-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1746463)
Maybe they can stop accepting quick turnaround fees for incredibly slow service without crediting the customer for the difference?

You would think.

Slinger 02-10-2018 06:55 PM

Just got the email.

My bulk 45 day order was signed for on 01/18/2018. Was input today 02/10/2018.

Now the REAL waiting game begins.

egbeachley 02-10-2018 09:28 PM

While logging package receipts may be frustrating, it doesn't really have anything to do with how long it takes to receive your grades. Unless graders are waiting for submissions to arrive, they are receiving and sending out packages as well as normal. It doesn't matter is there are 10 packages in line to be graded or 1000.

tonyo 02-11-2018 04:11 AM

Has anyone ever had their cards or memorabilia lost or damaged by PSA?

bobbyw8469 02-11-2018 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyo (Post 1747020)
Has anyone ever had their cards or memorabilia lost or damaged by PSA?

Yes. A simple search in the forums would reveal all kinds of stuff.

iowadoc77 02-11-2018 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1746463)

This certainly seems to be the ethical thing to do.
And the right thing to do.

Gradedcardman 02-11-2018 08:06 AM

Service Level

I have always been told by PSA to write on the outside of the box what service you are paying for. If it is a special, quick turnaround special or level, write that on the box and they will grab it quicker. They have everytime for my subs.

Snapolit1 02-11-2018 08:40 AM

Collectors Universes stock plunged this week after they slashed their dividend.

Orders taking forever to process. Apparently terribly understaffed.

No explanations from management to customers about insane delays.

Interesting.

If I had a $50,000 card right now that had to be graded I think it would be going to Florida.

Exhibitman 02-11-2018 09:45 AM

If the coin graders are sitting on their thumbs with nothing to do, get them over to PSA to shuck packages and pack slabbed cards, and shift the shuckers and packers to data entry. Management...duh.

My voucher order was received 2/3. I don't expect to see the 10-day submission until late March. I will not be renewing my PSA membership next year. It doesn't get you anything. Except a stupid coffee table book and a lousy magazine.

Any card I want to sell at the National I am planning to send in this month.

Exhibitman 02-11-2018 10:00 AM

The collapse of PSA's scheduling doesn't impact their on-site grading activity. They will be doing express grading at the Long Beach show on-site in two weeks.

I guess rustling up new $50+ fees is more important than clearing the backlog of existing customer orders.

ngnichols 02-11-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1747120)
The collapse of PSA's scheduling doesn't impact their on-site grading activity. They will be doing express grading at the Long Beach show on-site in two weeks.

I guess rustling up new $50+ fees is more important than clearing the backlog of existing customer orders.

This was one of the issues that really hurt Beckett around this time last year. They were pulling graders/sales reps out on weekends to go do RCR at shows across the nation and then taking more regular submissions in while they were there. They were making money hand-over-fist, but they literally couldn't keep up with the insane demand they were seeing.

What I find hard to fathom is that PSA has basically fallen right into the same foot-steps that led Beckett into the issues they had this time last year.

bobbyw8469 02-12-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1747226)
This was one of the issues that really hurt Beckett around this time last year. They were pulling graders/sales reps out on weekends to go do RCR at shows across the nation and then taking more regular submissions in while they were there. They were making money hand-over-fist, but they literally couldn't keep up with the insane demand they were seeing.

What I find hard to fathom is that PSA has basically fallen right into the same foot-steps that led Beckett into the issues they had this time last year.

Mind boggling, isn't it?

Yoda 02-12-2018 03:24 PM

It seems to me that PSA is falling into a classic business trap of new biz at any cost without providing the necessary backup to handle a massive flow of new submissions, particularly non-express ones. But their position of pre-eminent grader means customers are left to suck it up when guarantees mean nothing. I have to wonder what would happen to card values if Collectors' Universe goes bankrupt? Last SMR prices? Would PSA cardholders try to cross over their lost treasures to SGC or BVG, which would swamp them. Could a new grading company emerge?

ngnichols 02-12-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1747474)
It seems to me that PSA is falling into a classic business trap of new biz at any cost without providing the necessary backup to handle a massive flow of new submissions, particularly non-express ones. But their position of pre-eminent grader means customers are left to suck it up when guarantees mean nothing. I have to wonder what would happen to card values if Collectors' Universe goes bankrupt? Last SMR prices? Would PSA cardholders try to cross over their lost treasures to SGC or BVG, which would swamp them. Could a new grading company emerge?

Here's the problem: None of their service levels are guaranteed turnaround times. N-O-N-E.

Unless you are somewhere where they are doing on-site slabbing, it doesn't matter what service level you pay for or submit under, it's still not 100% guaranteed turnaround time and it's plain as day written on their site. I'd think at some certain level, especially given the increase in price they charge, that you'd get a guaranteed turnaround time. That is a HUGE drawback to me and obviously, they use it to their advantage when they get into spots like this. They play games with when it gets entered into the system after it's been in their possession and also if they can't meet the "estimated" deadline, then they just pull the "it's not a guaranteed turnaround service" and give you the shoulder-shrug and "Sorry" song and dance.

calvindog 02-12-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1747484)
Here's the problem: None of their service levels are guaranteed turnaround times. N-O-N-E.

Unless you are somewhere where they are doing on-site slabbing, it doesn't matter what service level you pay for or submit under, it's still not 100% guaranteed turnaround time and it's plain as day written on their site. I'd think at some certain level, especially given the increase in price they charge, that you'd get a guaranteed turnaround time. That is a HUGE drawback to me and obviously, they use it to their advantage when they get into spots like this. They play games with when it gets entered into the system after it's been in their possession and also if they can't meet the "estimated" deadline, then they just pull the "it's not a guaranteed turnaround service" and give you the shoulder-shrug and "Sorry" song and dance.

Good luck with that set of bullshit when they get sued. I'm sure a federal judge will be very understanding that they charge for faster service and don't come close to meeting it.

bobbyw8469 02-12-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1747515)
Good luck with that set of bullshit when they get sued. I'm sure a federal judge will be very understanding that they charge for faster service and don't come close to meeting it.

I agree....I don't believe they can charge for say a overnight service and take a month to grade, no matter WHAT it says in their terms of agreement.

cardsnstuff 02-12-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1747474)

I prefer PSA; but simply because of resale value; but If were there competitor; {hey SGC} I would do a registry, and allow other top tier grading companies (PSA, BVG/BGS} cards be registered there. I think they could take away a huge piece of marketshare by doing so and providing better customer service.

PS. I am simply stock piling cards to grade and when my pile gets big enough than I won't mind waiting. Maybe I get lucky and in the meantime they get caught up.

ngnichols 02-12-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1747515)

Go ahead and file that baby and tell us all what happens. You'll spend more money fighting them than you'd gain in winning. They know this and aren't worried about it. They have a monopoly, to a degree, so you really can't bite the hand that feeds you.

The problem lies in the fact that they've brainwashed people thinking that Beckett grades trimmed/cut cards and any vintage card in a BVG holder can't be legit. As such, there is no realistic competition/grading relief in the vintage card market and that's why they are where they are. Good problem to have, but still a big problem nonetheless.

calvindog 02-13-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnichols (Post 1747570)
Go ahead and file that baby and tell us all what happens. You'll spend more money fighting them than you'd gain in winning. They know this and aren't worried about it. They have a monopoly, to a degree, so you really can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Pretty sure this makes no sense on a few levels. How many federal cases have you been involved in as an attorney?

bigfish 02-13-2018 12:01 PM

Nate,

Jeff kind of knows this arena. Good luck.

Jeff - Stan Jonathan
Nate- Pierre Bouchard

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1y0QCOQOM

Stampsfan 02-13-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1747686)

Jeff - Stan Jonathan
Nate- Pierre Bouchard

Nice reference. I remember watching that fight live as a kid. We were shocked at how Bouchard just crumbled.

Note: I didn't watch the video, as I believe I know what you're referring to.

calvindog 02-13-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1747686)

Jeff - Stan Jonathan
Nate- Pierre Bouchard

Golden age of hockey: 1974-85. Gillies/O'Reilly, all three rounds.

Here's a real throwback from the other night. You just don't see fights like this anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llVg0vg2wsk

bigfish 02-13-2018 03:00 PM

Love Terry O’ Reilly

This guy did not stand a chance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhn0liVpICk

calvindog 02-13-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1747726)
This guy did not stand a chance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhn0liVpICk

O'Reilly could really fight and take a punch too.

Here's two guys eating a lot of fists from back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lfjYm6ps9I

bigfish 02-13-2018 03:44 PM

Stan Jonathan

I can’t find a fight where this guy was ever knocked to the ice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H54RSRDL4Wc

calvindog 02-13-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfish (Post 1747743)
I can’t find a fight where this guy was ever knocked to the ice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H54RSRDL4Wc

He had such a low center of gravity! Little guy, strong as hell, could fight and score, just like O'Reilly. Neither of them were goons as they were big scorers on their teams. Even Wensink could score.

ullmandds 02-13-2018 04:08 PM

Lots of suckers out there!

oops

chalupacollects 02-13-2018 04:24 PM

Bruins may have been tough, but they would have been no match for the old Blue seats!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ef1YVXM9IU

chalupacollects 02-13-2018 04:27 PM

And then there is Dave Schultz and Terry O'Reilly... love these old hockey fights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ago2wBI50cE

luciobar1980 03-07-2018 11:52 AM

Welp, it's now 2 months since PSA received my package, and it's still in "Processing". :eek:

BleedinBlue 03-07-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 1755074)
Welp, it's now 2 months since PSA received my package, and it's still in "Processing". :eek:

You might want to read up on the October’s Special Group submission before you feel your submission is somehow standing out.

I’ve got 54 cards in that sub.
Sent in mid October.
Received late October.
Logged mid November.
It’s now March.

Republicaninmass 03-07-2018 12:10 PM

Enter bulk and unmarked as if yesterday 1/31

10 days from 2/12

egbeachley 03-07-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue (Post 1755082)
You might want to read up on the October’s Special Group submission before you feel your submission is somehow standing out.

Sent in mid October.
Received late October.
Logged mid November.
It’s now March.

Logged in 2 weeks is one thing. Not logged in after 2 months is worse.

Exhibitman 03-07-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1747716)
Golden age of hockey: 1974-85. Gillies/O'Reilly, all three rounds.

Here's a real throwback from the other night. You just don't see fights like this anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llVg0vg2wsk

Gotta put on the ol' foil

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibi...autographs.jpg

But I digress...

PSA finally logged in my 10 day order 24 days after they received it. Still no grades.

TistaT202 03-07-2018 02:51 PM

my recent experience

I had my member voucher for 15 cards at 10 day service level

Shipped USPS to PSA on 1/9/18
Received by PSA on 1/11/18
Logged into PSA system on 1/30/18
Shipped by PSA 2/23/18
Received by me on 2/26/18

Not great but it sounds like better than others here. No vouchers for the poor service. I did not renew my membership.

Mike

bobbyw8469 03-07-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue (Post 1755082)

Sent in mid October.
Received late October.
Logged mid November.
It’s now March.

I'm the facilitator of the October group sub...the cards were logged in November 11th....and here we wait......I have NEVER had a sub take this long.....so don't think you are the lone ranger in this.