Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   t207 prices (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=79877)

Archive 01-23-2006 11:22 AM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>jorge</b><p>I am new to this forum. i recently started collecting t207 cards and i wanted to know what would be the best source for a price guide for this set i have heard that the standard catalog of baseball cards is the best,any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Archive 01-23-2006 11:35 AM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>identify7</b><p>In my estimation, the only reasonably reliable price guide is the one which you generate by yourself, or obtain from a friend. All published guides do not necessarilly reflect current prices.<br /><br />The method which I use to generate a price guide is to assess and tabulate recently completed auctions. It is a lot of work, and often requires insight into the bidding process, but the results which you continue to build are reliable. Additionally, as your study grows, you eventually become aware of the prices of the cards involved. This awareness no longer necessitates the compilation of auction results. You simply update your mental summary.

Archive 01-23-2006 11:45 AM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>jorge</b><p>generally current and older auctions are the resource i use, i just thought maybe there was something published. Why doesnt Beckett list these in their catalog ? thank you for you insight on this. greatly appreciated.<br /><br />if anyone is looking to sell T207 cards please contact me, thanks.

Archive 01-23-2006 11:48 AM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>Chad</b><p>I think the problem is that the prices move too quickly and there's just not enough of a demand for a publsiher to make a buck staying on top of the market for vintage sets. Like Gil said, you're really better off tracking this stuff yourself, and, since your focus is one set, it should be manageable. Good luck with your collecting.<br /><br />--Chad

Archive 01-23-2006 12:04 PM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Are you focusing on lower grade or higher grade?<br />Raw or slabbed?

Archive 01-23-2006 02:03 PM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>jorge</b><p>really i am concentrating on any grade so as long as i have sufficient funds available, i dont make an awesome salary so i dont think at the moment the high grade cards will be feasable for me. <br /><br /><br />do you have some t207 you are looking to part with? thanks.

Archive 01-23-2006 02:05 PM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>jorge</b><p>Chad.<br /><br />thank you for your thoughts, it does make sense what you say. i appreciate it and thanks for wishing me luck.

Archive 01-23-2006 02:14 PM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>tbob</b><p>Jorge- the prices on T207s is very volatile depending on a lot of factors. Among the "tough back cards" (Cycle, Broadleaf and Anonymous)the prices can skyrocket several times "book" for really, really nice examples. SCD is starting to catch up with the current buying prices on T207s but is still lagging behind. The real steals in the 207 set are the cards which have "common backs" (Recruit)and are also very, very tough- there are about 6 or 7 of them and some collectors know which ones. The other factor is the "Napoleon" backs which are very scarce but because they feature "common backs" players aren't adequately reflected in the guides.<br />Clear as mud?

Archive 01-23-2006 02:22 PM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>jorge</b><p>tbob<br /><br />thanks for your input, i will keep this in mind. <br /><br />once again if anyone has some t207 they want to part with send me a message and hopefully we can work something out.

Archive 01-23-2006 04:27 PM

t207 prices

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Your best bet is to start with a lot of cards in your desired grade.<br />You will fill the easy ones as cheaply as possible and maybe get a few of the tougher ones also. Buying one at a time will be costly and time consuming.