Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   On the easel... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117391)

Lordstan 07-10-2013 07:20 PM

Freakin Awesome

'Nuff Said.

GKreindler 07-10-2013 08:47 PM

Aww, thank you so much, everyone. VERY much appreciated.

David, thanks for noticing the uniforms. My father said the same thing, but had some negative vibrations about the painting as a whole. 1960 still looms rather ominously for him, but '55 is a close second. He'll get it over it soon though, it's only been almost 58 years. Right?

Graig

Jay Wolt 07-10-2013 09:48 PM

Graig, the Berra/Robinson looks 3D'ish, fantastic.
Will say hello in Chicago. I enjoyed our chat in Baltimore last year

ullmandds 07-11-2013 06:49 AM

wow...love the look on jackies face! awesome work!

aquarius31 07-11-2013 08:52 AM

Amazing quality work as always Graig...well done!!

horzverti 07-11-2013 09:19 AM

Graig,

That guy looks JUST LIKE Carl Hubbell! Love the great shadows across his face and arm!

I am looking forward to seeing you and your gems in person in Chicago.

Curt

GKreindler 07-12-2013 04:43 PM

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

Curt, I'll be there, but I won't be exhibiting, unfortunately. If I wasn't flying there, I probably could have brought a few pieces with me, but as it stands, I'll be empty-handed.

Graig

obcbeatle 07-12-2013 04:54 PM

Graig ... your paintings are incredible. The Jackie Robinson is absolutely beautiful! How long does it typically take you to paint a player/scene? Just curious. Thanks for sharing!

GKreindler 07-12-2013 04:58 PM

Thank you so much, Jerry!

Each piece really varies in time-spent. For the most part, the smaller portraits (9" x 12"s to 16" x 20"s) take the least amount of time - about 2-3 weeks. It's the larger paintings that require a lot of planning out and research that really do me in. Those can take anywhere from a month to two or three.

I guess it just all depends on the size, the research required for the painting, and the complexity of the image itself.

obcbeatle 07-13-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKreindler (Post 1157455)
Thank you so much, Jerry!

Each piece really varies in time-spent. For the most part, the smaller portraits (9" x 12"s to 16" x 20"s) take the least amount of time - about 2-3 weeks. It's the larger paintings that require a lot of planning out and research that really do me in. Those can take anywhere from a month to two or three.

I guess it just all depends on the size, the research required for the painting, and the complexity of the image itself.

Thanks for sharing Graig. I would think the research would be fun ... although as an artist I can see where you would want to finally get to the easel :-) I was curious about the time it takes to render a complete painting because my daughter has shown some skill in many of the arts, although oil and water color painting is not one she has spent much time with. She does sketch a good bit. She sketched a Chipper Jones and Audrey Hepburn for me for Fathers day a couple years ago :-) She also has a great photography eye. Anyway ... I was going to show her some of your excellent paintings (and the original photo's) so she could see some of your fine work. Again ...thanks for sharing!