Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Any guess on how long it takes auction house consignment checks to arrive? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=81080)

Archive 05-15-2006 09:43 PM

Any guess on how long it takes auction house consignment checks to arrive?

Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Just curious if someone knows from experience, what is the norm from Mastro and REA.

Archive 05-15-2006 10:26 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>The email I got from Rob said that he would start sending put checks within 2 weeks of the auction closing. I am sure that is dependent on how quickly your lots are paid for and who the winning bidder was. <br /><br />Since I only had one item with relatively small final price, I'd think I'll get my check pretty quickly. Julie on the other hand may take a week or two longer as there are more lots that need to be paid for.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Archive 05-16-2006 08:35 AM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>I expected a 45-day delay in payment, tho. I wouldn't start panicking until June 1st.

Archive 05-16-2006 09:38 AM

Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>For the March 2, 2006 Mastro auction, I received my consignment check around April 21, 2006. In the auction catalog it says up to 60 days after auction ends. When I called they said they were waiting for payment from some late payers on some items.<br /><br />Joe

Archive 05-16-2006 12:58 PM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>It seems to me that most folks pay relatively fast (within 2-3 weeks of close) because they want their stuff, and most auction rules call for very fast payment, yet most auctioneers pay relatively slowly (45-60 days after close). Why? Two reasons come readily to mind: <br /><br />(1) Administratively, it is a pain in the butt to run individual checks as money dribbles in instead of doing one big check run when the final payments are in and you close the book on the auction. It is much easier to keep track of things if you simply set a payment date and run everything to date at that time. <br /><br />(2) If you hold the payments in an interest-bearing account until 60 days after the auction closes, you can skim the interest as an additional pure profit. Essentially, you get a 30-45 day interest-free loan from the consignors. While this isn't much on a per-consignor basis, think of it on the full auction: 30 days' interest on 5 million is over $4,000 per percentage point you earn.

Archive 05-16-2006 04:14 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>My check arrived today with a very nice personal, hand written note from Rob. Not just a form letter and a check. Rob is top notch all the way. <br /><br />Ance again, major kudos to Rob for the great job he did.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.