Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Card Flippers List on NET54 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242398)

Tennis13 07-15-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martingale (Post 1681173)
Guess I'm in the minority here but I agree with the OP.

This type of action goes against the spirit of the board, if everybody behaved like a 'flipper' then nobody would offer items in B/S/T at community friendly/generous prices and would go straight to eBay themselves to sell for maximum reward.

Not seeing the item currently up for sale in eBay so maybe the 'flipper' recognized he did something wrong and/or is feeling remorse?

Is "remorse" code for "angry wife"?

samosa4u 07-15-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue (Post 1681148)

But as an occasional seller through the BST I would prefer not to sell to known flippers.

Does anybody have a list I can put on my "blocked buyers" list?

So what exactly is a "flipper" here? Somebody who buys and immediately lists it for a higher price than what he paid? What if the person decides to do this 6 months or a year down the line? Does that make him a flipper too?

ajquigs 07-15-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martingale (Post 1681173)
Guess I'm in the minority here but I agree with the OP.

This type of action goes against the spirit of the board, if everybody behaved like a 'flipper' then nobody would offer items in B/S/T at community friendly/generous prices and would go straight to eBay themselves to sell for maximum reward.

Not seeing the item currently up for sale in eBay so maybe the 'flipper' recognized he did something wrong and/or is feeling remorse?

I think you make a good point about the idea of a collecting community.

I wouldn't pretend to speak for the OP or anyone else, but I can understand a seller preferring to sell to a fellow collector within a loose community of collectors who, presumably, expects to keep the card for the foreseeable future.

Gradedcardman 07-15-2017 11:35 AM

Flipping

Good luck. I would guess that most of us buy and sell to essentially fund part of our hobby collection. Certainly I do and have sold to many people who buy here and list on ebay.

MR RAREBACK 07-15-2017 11:49 AM

you can sell to me I wont flip

njdunkin1 07-15-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinnsryche (Post 1681155)
If someone buys a card for a set price, isn't it their's to do with what they please? I don't understand the OP's complaint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1681168)
I don't think publicly calling out members for buying then reselling a card is appropriate at all. Reneging on a deal or committing some sort of fraud is one thing. I would have no problem creating a list of buyers or sellers who actually did something wrong in a transaction. This doesn't qualify in my opinion.

Fully in agreement with these statements. I believe it to be poor form to be selective about who you are selling to for the above reasons. If I buy card A, card A now belongs to me. Thus, wouldn't I have the privilege of doing whatever I would like to with it?
NJ Dunkin

njdunkin1 07-15-2017 11:55 AM

Gently just trying to face the facts. If you are unwilling to sell to "flippers", where do you draw the line? Who qualifies as a flipper?

Ronnie73 07-15-2017 12:13 PM

I can personally say that the T206 cards I buy are for my personal set and would only sell if I was upgrading. I sometimes mention that a card purchase is for my personal set. Sometimes I get a break on the price. As far as "card flippers" here on Net54, I've sold many of my lower grade duplicates to them at a very fair price. Yes, I do see those cards listed on ebay for even double what I sold it for but those cards could stay listed on ebay for a year before the right buyer comes along. The "card flipper" deserves the profit for the wait and the fees. I also buy from the flippers and always feel I get a fair price or better. I even get contacted by them when something comes along that they know I'm interested in. These "card flippers" I also refer to them as friends, collecting buddies, friendly competition, and lastly Net54 family. Everyone misses out on a great deal. Just take a look at successful sold listings on T206's on ebay. There are plenty of missed deals to keep kicking yourself over. It's a matter of the right place, right time kinda thing. Luckly Tris Speaker Piedmont is a common so another will come along at a fair price again at some point.

orly57 07-15-2017 12:59 PM

"As for the card in question, if the net54 seller had asked $100 more for the card I might own it today because there might not have been enough profit for a flipper to go after. He didn't. Somebody got a GREAT deal. And I continue to search for that card. I'll get it. Just not this week or from this eBay seller."

The guy who bought here and is selling on eBay is obviously a member. If you were willing to pay an extra $100, then offer it DIRECTLY TO HIM ON N54. He saves on ebay fees and makes a$100 profit. Not sure he would be too anxious to help you out after you started this thread, but it's worth a shot.

aloondilana 07-15-2017 01:07 PM

Selling cards

99% of the time a card is sold because the seller needs money.
So who gives a crap what the fate of the sold card is as long as you get the price you accepted.
I don't get this post, it's kind of comical to me.

The things are cardboard, a commodity.
Everything in life has a price, does it matter if it's 5 minutes after receiving the item in the mail or 5 years later?

There are enough things in this world to worry about.
Wondering what happens to a card after you sell it should not be one of them.