Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   cardtarget.com at the National (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=86461)

Archive 08-08-2007 01:36 PM

cardtarget.com at the National

Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>Did anyone get to see cardtarget.com at the National last week and do you feel it has potential in the Vintage Sports Memorabilia Market. They were sitting with cardpricer.com and showing some real nice cards – they trade shares and anyone can own a piece of a rare card. If they focused more on just vintage cards I would have more of an interest. I tried thepit.com years ago when they started, but it never worked out. What is the marketplace all about? I noticed some of the site is for e-cards as well, what changes will take place in the future for this website?<br /><br />Thanks and <br /><br />Take care<br /><br />Jimmy <br />

Archive 08-08-2007 01:44 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>I own at least a share of every offering they have and so its safe to say I beleieve in the concept. It is obvious some people don't care to hold a "share" of something but for those of us that do its kind of fun. In my (minority) opinion its a neat collecting option but there are those (majority) that want it as a means of investing in high end cards. That debate may make or break the concept - till then its fun.

Archive 08-08-2007 02:57 PM

Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>If you have a share of the card can you actually go to some location and hold the card. It would be a great concept if you could do that.<br /><br />Peter C.

Archive 08-08-2007 07:02 PM

Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I sent an email to the company, and I hope they respond soon<br /><br />Thanks Jimmy

Archive 08-08-2007 07:32 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>The Terms and Conditions are spelled out at their web site; they've been pretty detailed in how they handle things. I do not believe the T&C call for anyone holding a share being able to demand a viewing of the card. But I also think (beyond promotion) that is one of the reasons they wanted to be at the national and show off some of the cards. The cardtarget site and services are heavily oriented to etopps and etopps fans often gather at the national for their own convention. So being there was a chance for cardtarget to show some of the cards to their audience and fans. I believe both the PSA 9 T206 Nap and new SGC 96 McGinnity were there as I am sure were some of the broadleaf 460's the group seems very fond of.

Archive 08-08-2007 08:02 PM

Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>I just got a message back from Mike, I will sign up soon and look forward to more vintage cards.<br /><br />Jimmy