Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PayPal spoof email warning (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=126279)

Doug 08-03-2010 09:53 AM

PayPal spoof email warning

I just got a spoof email claiming to be from PayPal saying my account had expired with the typical link to put in my information to keep my account open. Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up in case they get one too.

GoldenAge50s 08-03-2010 10:28 AM

Doug---

I think we ALL have been getting these PayPal EMs for several yrs.

barrysloate 08-03-2010 10:48 AM

Neither paypal, nor ebay, will ever send out an email asking to update your account. It's a scam every time.

vintagetoppsguy 08-03-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s (Post 827038)
Doug---

I think we ALL have been getting these PayPal EMs for several yrs.

I used to get them a lot myself, but I haven't had one in quite some time. Apparently the OP has never seen this scam, so props to him for letting anybody else know. I would rather see an over kill of threads like this than to see someone's account hijacked and ripped off.

Doug 08-03-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 827048)
I used to get them a lot myself, but I haven't had one in quite some time. Apparently the OP has never seen this scam, so props to him for letting anybody else know. I would rather see an over kill of threads like this than to see someone's account hijacked and ripped off.

I'm aware that the emails are a scam and I made sure to forward a copy to PayPal in case it actually does any good. Since I got one this morning I wanted to give everyone a head's up just in case anyone that reads this isn't aware they are scam emails. There seem to be a lot of new users and I'd hate to see anyone get ripped off because they didn't know.

tbob 08-04-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 827057)
I'm aware that the emails are a scam and I made sure to forward a copy to PayPal in case it actually does any good. Since I got one this morning I wanted to give everyone a head's up just in case anyone that reads this isn't aware they are scam emails. There seem to be a lot of new users and I'd hate to see anyone get ripped off because they didn't know.

+1

M's_Fan 08-04-2010 12:48 PM

You mean those are a spoof?!!! Now all of a sudden I'm questioning why last week I wired $10,000 to the son of a deposed Nigerian politician, who said he needed the money to pay the banking fees to transfer $100 Million out of country. He said I'd get 5% !!!!!!!!! ;)

Ladder7 08-04-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M's_Fan (Post 827256)
You mean those are a spoof?!!! Now all of a sudden I'm questioning why last week I wired $10,000 to the son of a deposed Nigerian politician, who said he needed the money to pay the banking fees to transfer $100 Million out of country. He said I'd get 5% !!!!!!!!! ;)

A million comedians out of work... <;

I don't get as many as I once did, as well. I send all these to; spoof@ebay.com, spoof@paypal.com