Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BST Policy on Backing Out of a Deal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237845)

Leon 04-04-2017 10:06 AM

BST Policy on Backing Out of a Deal

It seems it's time to let members know, again, the informal policy of backing out of a deal on the BST. If you make a deal and back out of it, and no money exchanged hands and no one is hurt financially (excepting for the lack of a sale in question) then the member backing out will not be reprimanded. If the member does it again that is a different story. If the member backs out of the deal and then lies about it, or twists and contorts the issues, then that also will be a damning thing for the person backing out, and those actions could easily cause them to be suspended, as was the case this morning. I am open to debate on the subject but the rule has been this way for years. That being said please always let me or another moderator know of any stinky situations and they will be addressed, every time. Lastly, it will be the very rare circumstance when any actions done elsewhere affects a membership here.
Thanks and happy collecting!!

frankbmd 04-04-2017 12:04 PM

A word of thanks to you, Leon, for your role in keeping the B/S/T Section one of the safest, trouble-free and economical places on the internet to buy, sell and trade.

Bpm0014 04-04-2017 01:39 PM

^^^^ times a million

Rich Falvo 04-04-2017 01:56 PM

Thanks, Leon.

Enfuego 04-04-2017 02:24 PM

Way to set and enforce a standard!

Den*nis O*Brien 04-04-2017 04:23 PM

As We Said...

........In the day "Leon Is A Solid Groovy Hip Cool Cat" !!~

spaidly 04-04-2017 05:02 PM

I like the BST transactions so much more than fleabay. Great people here!

Leon 04-04-2017 05:06 PM

You guys are all welcome. It is the safest place I know of without having almost any regulations. :) Just the way it should be. It is to everyone's credit it works well. Ya'll are the best defense against scammers and, knock on wood, it has worked well. Another question I get asked is why there isn't some kind of reputation system. I usually just point to our history of there being very, very few issues for the amount of transactions that goes on over there. (again, knock on wood, don't want to jinx it)

clydepepper 04-04-2017 05:07 PM

I appreciate your efforts Leon - we should have higher standards than the rest...or, at least, that should be the goal.

Rickyy 04-04-2017 05:12 PM

I've dealt with many people here including Leon (hi Leon!) and all of the transactions have been great. One member I swear even sent the item before my payment arrived and that was the first time we had interacted in a transaction. It got here that quickly from across the country. It's the best place for buying, selling and trading for me.

Ricky Y

btryin 04-04-2017 06:11 PM

Seems like a reasonable policy, all things considered. I'm very appreciative of this board and have made many purchases in my short time here, all flawless. Thanks!

JollyElm 04-04-2017 06:19 PM

Any chance of informing us who this person is, just in case he comes back at some point in the future or maybe someone is currently dealing with him outside of net54 and would appreciate a heads up??

horzverti 04-04-2017 07:41 PM

Forum

Yep, Net54 is the best board on the....um, net. :) With each new day this board becomes a deeper resource. It is pretty cool that many of my Google searches lead me right back here. Thanks to Leon, the moderators and members.

Also, I am proud to say that I can now correctly pronounce Bengough. Good times!

Curt

pokerplyr80 04-04-2017 09:35 PM

I would like to see any member who backs out of a deal banned from further transactions on the site. At least temporarily. But I do agree that this is a great place to buy and sell cards. I have never had a bad experience on a transaction here. Thanks for running a great site Leon.

Big Ben 04-05-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1647527)
A word of thanks to you, Leon, for your role in keeping the B/S/T Section one of the safest, trouble-free and economical places on the internet to buy, sell and trade.

I completely agree with this as I have had some very nice transactions on the B/S/T.

greenmonster66 04-05-2017 02:01 PM

Extremely well run forum, Kudos to you Leon!!

mrvster 04-05-2017 04:21 PM

Leon....

Thanks again my friend:)

Reputation is everything......worth more than $;)

the 'stache 04-07-2017 01:36 PM

Thank you again, Leon, for all you do to keep a safe place for us cardboard fanatics to deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packs 04-07-2017 02:01 PM

What does backing out come down to though? There have been a few times I've inquired about an item but didn't hear back for several days and bought something else in the mean time because who knew if my offer would be accepted.

tschock 04-07-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1648568)
What does backing out come down to though? There have been a few times I've inquired about an item but didn't hear back for several days and bought something else in the mean time because who knew if my offer would be accepted.

To me, "inquiring" about an item doesn't seem to be a deal, where both parties have come to an agreement.

A deal would be: An offer is made by A to B (from either direction, seller or buyer), the offer is accepted by B, and the acceptance is acknowledged by A. Those would be the general guidelines, IMO.

packs 04-07-2017 02:56 PM

Makes sense. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't an offender.