Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Mickey Mantle signed ball! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=274878)

johnts1 10-19-2019 12:01 PM

Mickey Mantle signed ball!

1 Attachment(s)
Any thoughts? Thank you.

robbieg 10-22-2019 08:47 PM

This is no good.

The spacing between the letters in the last name, the shape of the letters and the pen flow (which is shaky) all make it pretty clear that Mick didn't sign it.

Steve D 10-22-2019 11:53 PM

No good in my opinion.

The writing doesn't flow "naturally". It shows to many stops and jerks, evidencing it's slowness. Also, the flow from the initial "M" to the "i" shows a stop and restart.

Steve

Duluth Eskimo 10-23-2019 08:56 AM

Come on bro. This is no good. I’ll say this seems like an endless barrage of is this Mantle / Williams / DiMaggio good posts. A couple is ok, but if you’re trying to get a super bargain on a really nice authentic Mantle it’s not going to happen. This is why some people don’t respond to these threads.

shelly 10-23-2019 02:52 PM

There has to be a time when you see a Mantle ball for $100 that you say pass:mad::mad::mad:

bnorth 10-23-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1925802)
There has to be a time when you see a Mantle ball for $100 that you say pass:mad::mad::mad:

I thought the process was.
1) buy a super star auto super cheap
2) come on here and ask if it is real
3) find out it is fake
4) call the seller a scammer
5) return for refund
6) repeat over and over and over and over and over ect.

johnts1 10-23-2019 03:30 PM

Mickey Mantle autograph

2 Attachment(s)
Duluth, it wasn't your typical forgery. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. Move on. I was asking for a friend, same with the DiMaggio. And shelly! I always appreciate your input but you don't have to be a f****** wiseass. I love how some of the members on here think they're legends in their own minds. As if they've cured cancer or have stopped the famine problem around the world. We're talking about Autographs here. I was only asking a question. Again, move on. I just picked these two Autographs up for $250. $200 for the mantle and no, I didn't pass, lol. and $50 for the Fleece Mop. What do you think? Wait! I don't care what you think. I know they're good. John Tess.

Leon 10-23-2019 05:13 PM

Apparently you didn't read the rule at the top of every page in bolder letters?

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it.

Please put your full name next to your post or edit it out per the rules. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnts1 (Post 1925809)
Duluth, it wasn't your typical forgery. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. Move on. I was asking for a friend, same with the DiMaggio. And Shelly! I always appreciate your input but you don't have to be a f****** wiseass. I was only asking a question. Again, move on. I just picked these two Autographs up for a $250. $200 for the mantle and I didn't pass, and $50 for the Fleece Mop. What do you think? I think they're good.

Duluth Eskimo 10-23-2019 09:24 PM

It is a typical forgery, please move on

Duluth Eskimo 10-23-2019 09:30 PM

And I quote

#6 Report Post
Old 07-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Default Mantle, DiMaggio
Very nice autographs! Very authentic!
You're asking a question, as to why we think they're real? Ummmmm, we know the difference between an authentic autograph and a forgery. Hope this helps.
Last edited by johnts1; 07-29-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Unquote

Apparently being a smartass is contagious.

johnts1 10-24-2019 07:27 AM

I'm flattered that you'd go to the ends of the Earth looking for a quote of mine, just to make a point. They were completely different circumstances. I'm grateful for someone's opinion, and apparently he wasn't. However, you got me there. Lesson learned.

Smanzari 10-24-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Duluth, it wasn't your typical forgery. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. Move on. I was asking for a friend, same with the DiMaggio. And shelly! I always appreciate your input but you don't have to be a f****** wiseass. I love how some of the members on here think they're legends in their own minds. As if they've cured cancer or have stopped the famine problem around the world. We're talking about Autographs here. I was only asking a question. Again, move on. I just picked these two Autographs up for $250. $200 for the mantle and no, I didn't pass, lol. and $50 for the Fleece Mop. What do you think? Wait! I don't care what you think. I know they're good. John Tess.

Dude you're asking for free advice on a forum you don't really contribute to (<90 Posts in 3 years), no reason to "yell" at people who are saving you money (on autographs and/or authentication fees)

Case12 10-24-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Everyone knows I am a gold digger - especially Fudd :-). But the advice here is free, respect that...