Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Consignment Checks - REA Goldin Lelands (SCP Auctions added 12/7) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=230655)

Shoeless Moe 11-01-2016 10:59 AM

Consignment Checks - REA Goldin Lelands (SCP Auctions added 12/7)

Well the clock is ticking......I consigned to Goldin and REA, which consignment check will come first?

Now I know, unfortunately from past experience, that it sometimes depends on when the buyer pays before the auction house releases the check. So this may not be an exact science.

But should be interesting none the less whose check gets to me 1st.

If any other consignors consigned to both, and we can even throw in Lelands as they too ended over the weekend, and see which Auction House pays off the quickest.

Leon 11-01-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1598702)
Well the clock is ticking......I consigned to Goldin and REA, which consignment check will come first?

Now I know, unfortunately from past experience, that it sometimes depends on when the buyer pays before the auction house releases the check. So this may not be an exact science.

But should be interesting none the less whose check gets to me 1st.

If any other consignors consigned to both, and we can even throw in Lelands as they too ended over the weekend, and see which Auction House pays off the quickest.

Hey Paul
Interesting experiment. Good luck. I should mention that it is going to be hard to be private if any member puts info out here ( in other words a full name will be needed). Otherwise, have fun :)....

gnaz01 11-02-2016 08:07 PM

In the past REA has been VERY speedy......

1952boyntoncollector 11-02-2016 09:12 PM

not sure about you but when i net a loss on a consignment i not look forward to the check. If i net major money, i check the mailbox daily

Shoeless Moe 11-04-2016 03:47 PM

and the winner is....

1 Attachment(s)
only 5 days after the auction ended WOW!!!!!

gnaz01 11-04-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1599594)
only 5 days after the auction ended WOW!!!!!

told ya

Shoeless Moe 11-04-2016 05:05 PM

you were correct sir....

......anyone else gets theirs from REA, Goldin or Lelands, feel free to post. I'll post when my Goldin one comes.

I know of one Auction House where its a month to a month and a half before you get the check. That's just too long. I think within 2 weeks is perfect.

gnaz01 11-04-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe (Post 1599620)
you were correct sir....

......anyone else gets theirs from REA, Goldin or Lelands, feel free to post. I'll post when my Goldin one comes.

I know of one Auction House where its a month to a month and a half before you get the check. That's just too long. I think within 2 weeks is perfect.

Alas, not today but I have no doubts about Brian and team......

khkco4bls 11-04-2016 06:18 PM

I had 59 lots in REA SO I can see it taking longer.

yanks12025 11-04-2016 06:33 PM

Wouldn't be a shock if a auction house saw this thread and made sure to send the check out quicker to sort of promote fast consignor payments. Because isn't REA one of the auction houses not to accept credit cards. So that buyer must have overnight their payment.

But pretty cool to get it after only 5 days.