Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   E-Bay changes? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=256231)

irv 06-12-2018 07:04 PM

E-Bay changes?
 
I assume others have seen the changes but I am curious if anyone knows why, or if the changes are just a glitch or temporary?

I have noticed, when viewing old sales or e-mails about my saved listings, that when you click on the link within, it says card is now sold and they pop up another one.

I enjoyed looking at what cards sold for and I enjoyed re-examining them if I didn't do so when I chose to save them in my watch list.
Sometimes you can see them but most times you can't now.

I have also noticed, on here, when clicking the Postwar tab, that sometimes modern comes up and sometimes it doesn't?

Anyone else disappointed that one can't examine previous sales like we could in the past? I know I am. :(

thetruthisoutthere 06-12-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1786128)
I assume others have seen the changes but I am curious if anyone knows why, or if the changes are just a glitch or temporary?

I have noticed, when viewing old sales or e-mails about my saved listings, that when you click on the link within, it says card is now sold and they pop up another one.

I enjoyed looking at what cards sold for and I enjoyed re-examining them if I didn't do so when I chose to save them in my watch list.
Sometimes you can see them but most times you can't now.

I have also noticed, on here, when clicking the Postwar tab, that sometimes modern comes up and sometimes it doesn't?

Anyone else disappointed that one can't examine previous sales like we could in the past? I know I am. :(

We were discussing that the other day.

Doing what I do (exposing sellers of forgeries), I now have to take screenshots of the auctions before they end, because now when you click the link to the "Sold Auction" it directs you to a live auction.

irv 06-12-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1786130)
We were discussing that the other day.

Doing what I do (exposing sellers of forgeries), I now have to take screenshots of the auctions before they end, because now when you click the link to the "Sold Auction" it directs you to a live auction.

I looked but couldn't find anything before I posted. I'd like to read that thread if you remember where it is?

On the second bold. That is something I never thought of but I can understand the problems that that might generate.

Has anyone reached out to E-Bay or were these changes already announced and like me, no one read them?

I happen to think the new way sucks, but was there a reason for this that maybe warranted the changes?

bobbyw8469 06-12-2018 07:31 PM

There should be a word that says "listing" to the left that is an underlined link. When you click on it, you go to the old auction.

slidekellyslide 06-12-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1786135)
There should be a word that says "listing" to the left that is an underlined link. When you click on it, you go to the old auction.

Yes...where it says "This Listing Is No Longer Available" click on the word "Listing" and it takes you to the complete item.

irv 06-12-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1786135)
There should be a word that says "listing" to the left that is an underlined link. When you click on it, you go to the old auction.

I just went into "ended" listings and I don't see the word "listing" nor an underlined link anywhere?

This basically all I get and the only thing left is the square box to delete the listing. (Didn't post like I hoped it would)

1952 Topps Set Break # 11 - Phil Rizzuto EX-EXMINT
ENDED
1952 Topps Set Break # 11 - Phil Rizzuto EX-EXMINT
26 BIDS:
US $221.50
SELLER:
gregmorriscards (157250)Feedback score is 157250 for gregmorriscards
100% positive feedback
eBay note: This item is out of stock
Note to self

irv 06-12-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1786136)
Yes...where it says "This Listing Is No Longer Available" click on the word "Listing" and it takes you to the complete item.

Got it now.

Thanks! :)

cardsnstuff 06-12-2018 07:54 PM

I am extremely disappointed in ebay lately; They have changed for the worse for sellers {and for all} as far as I can see:

(1) guaranteeing deliveries that the post office won't do unless with the most expensive overnight shipping service
(2) offering free returns; come on and encourage scammers/flippers/prospectors/ what ever you want to call them. Buy a card try to resell higher or request a minimum grade and when you don't get it......return it on the sellers dime {seems reasonable doesn't it} or buy that shirt wear it to the party than return it. I mean really; come on man...
(3) use a product catalog with stock images{another brain storm}
(4) never be able to leave buyer negative feedback; great idea how are we sellers supposed to know the good from the bad but I guess there are no bad buyers.
(5) make it difficult to look up past prices. {thank god for vcp & psa prices realized}
(6) remove the see sellers other items feature or make it harder to search a sellers store {another brainstorm}

The list goes on and on. I am not sure who is behind all this but in a few years when they -ebay- get bought out for pennies on the $; they will wonder what & how did that happen......

swarmee 06-12-2018 08:00 PM

You can also put them on your eBay Watch List while they're live and they'll show you the sale price once completed.

Ronnie73 06-12-2018 08:08 PM

I noticed the issue too. I was bidding on something during the last few seconds and was outbid and the page refreshed as the auction ended and showed me a complete different card and told me that item I was looking for was unavailable.


I also got an email from ebay today that said they turned on the best offer option in my auctions because I would have a better chance of my items selling. They also said I could go into the auctions and revise them if I wanted to turn the offer option off. Well, when you list an auction, it's offer option is on by default. So I unchecked it and now ebay decides it's better to have it on. I feel like the next step they'll take is they will start accepting offers that they feel is fair. Just as they recommend a price to list at. It's comical at times.

bobbyw8469 06-13-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

I feel like the next step they'll take is they will start accepting offers that they feel is fair.
LOL!! Don't give them any ideas!

Fballguy 06-13-2018 08:06 AM

Yes...The recent changes stink. Hate the redirect to a "similar item" instead of the sold item. I know how to get there but making the site less intuitive and more clicks doesn't get me fired up to leave positive reviews of the changes...which they keep asking for. I also think the look of "My Ebay" in general, the tiny pictures on my active listings page and trying to find anything in my "sold" or "purchased" items stinks as well. The format was fine about 5 years ago. Not sure why they needed to "improve" it.

Another change I find interesting...though not sure eBay did anything to cause it...is the comeback auctions are making on eBay. A few years back eBay was striving to become another Amazon and auctions were slowly becoming obsolete. Now nearly everything in my watch list is auction format. Not sure what caused the shift back...and I have mixed feelings on it. I hate the inconvenience of having to wait 7 or 10 days for the thing to end...but like the fact you can usually get a better price in auction format than buy it now....that is if you remember to snipe in the closing seconds. I only sell things "buy it now or best offer". Is eBay offering some kind of deal if you do auction format? Can't see myself going back to it.

pete zouras 06-13-2018 08:14 AM

ebay change
 
One change that irks me is when they started charging $13 per month to access a CSV file of my sales, which I refuse to pay. Since then, I've decreased my items for sale and accounting for my sales has returned to the dark ages.

megalimey 06-13-2018 08:34 AM

top rated sellers getting shafted
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsnstuff (Post 1786147)
I am extremely disappointed in ebay lately; They have changed for the worse for sellers {and for all} as far as I can see:

(1) guaranteeing deliveries that the post office won't do unless with the most expensive overnight shipping service
(2) offering free returns; come on and encourage scammers/flippers/prospectors/ what ever you want to call them. Buy a card try to resell higher or request a minimum grade and when you don't get it......return it on the sellers dime {seems reasonable doesn't it} or buy that shirt wear it to the party than return it. I mean really; come on man...
(3) use a product catalog with stock images{another brain storm}
(4) never be able to leave buyer negative feedback; great idea how are we sellers supposed to know the good from the bad but I guess there are no bad buyers.
(5) make it difficult to look up past prices. {thank god for vcp & psa prices realized}
(6) remove the see sellers other items feature or make it harder to search a sellers store {another brainstorm}

The list goes on and on. I am not sure who is behind all this but in a few years when they -ebay- get bought out for pennies on the $; they will wonder what & how did that happen......

all these new rules applies to Top Rated Sellers only !!!!
if you are Top Rated and you want to continue getting 10% off sellers final sale fees and have top rated seller badge shown you must comply with new requirements , if you do not want discount , dont do it opt out. this is Just another way ebay can save money at top rated sellers expense.
Lets face it most bad buyers will say item is not as described so as not to pay for return shipping. having to accept return for fear of negative feedback.
You have to do the bean count, last year I saved over $785 in discounted top rated seller fees , I had two people return items out of 1085 transactions during that period . So I will take my chances, and wait for the next crazy ebay requirement , to screw us top rated sellers out of any discounts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.