Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Full Disclosure and Public Apology, Regarding T206 Reproductions Sold on Ebay in Feb. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253886)

Batpig 04-16-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1767992)
I agree ,I use to have a friend when I was young that would screw everyone over in different ways. Then when he gets called out on it he would apologize. It seemed like he was always apologizing and getting accepted back in to the friend
Group. Eventually everyone got sick of the guy and stopped talking to him. He then started to give people money and personal items to try to win there favor. Wasn’t long until the cops got him for some stupid stuff.

I had almost exactly the same experience with a "friend". He ended up doing some jail time for selling things on eBay that he didn't actually have.

barrysloate 04-16-2018 01:11 PM

Plus you misspelled Abbaticchio. Add that to your list of transgressions.

commishbob 04-16-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1767968)
Posting story...
buyer had a higher bid than both of mine on the cards, causing him to win both.
-I was in trouble, but the buyer did not end up paying. Shamefully, I opened unpaid cases instead of just cancelling the auctions.........
-Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Am I reading this right? The winning bidder didn't pay for your fake cards and you opened a case on him/her?

That's pretty ballsy.

Snapolit1 04-16-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commishbob (Post 1768000)
Am I reading this right? The winning bidder didn't pay for your fake cards and you opened a case on him/her?

That's pretty ballsy.

LOl. Indeed. What balls. How dare you rip me off when I'm trying to rip you off.

njdunkin1 04-16-2018 01:22 PM

Thank you for the responses so far.

I know that my post will affect my communication and connection with many of this board's members, forever. I deserve this fully. For what it's worth, this was most certainly not worth anything that I thought could be gained from my actions.

oldjudge 04-16-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1767998)
Plus you misspelled Abbaticchio. Add that to your list of transgressions.

and in addition to your other transgressions, Mr Berkowitz, you insist on using dangling participles

david_l 04-16-2018 01:33 PM

Wow. Maybe now would be a good time to take a hiatus and try to reset your moral compass a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1767967)
Net54 members and all,

Before I communicate the following words, I wanted to let you know that this is NJ Dunkin, posting regarding a mistake I made a few weeks’ past. I made some counterfeit T206 reproductions to sell on eBay, but instead of making clear that these were fakes, I made the area of authenticity very gray. I recognize this as immoral, deceptive, and misleading.

Here is a link to one of the four auctions in question:

Abbatchio Uzit

I seek forgiveness for three things:
1) My actions were wrong. I recognize this and apologize for it.
2) I was confronted about this on Facebook (Tobacco Row) and stretched the truth in order to paint myself in a better light. I seek forgiveness for deceiving Facebook and board members alike.
3) I should have posted this publicly as soon as it happened, yet I delayed in posting to try and preserve my self-image and reputation.

I realize that this whole situation and how I handled it was wrong, and that I have no excuse for my actions.

I have reserved post #2 for the full details of the story. I wrote this out about a week ago. The details of the story below are the truth, but you do not have to read them or even read further than this sentence. I know the last thing I deserve is your forgiveness, but I felt led to communicate this to you knowing that it was wrong to carry on without associating myself publicly with my actions.

Thank you to the board and Facebook members for the encouragement to take this step.

Noah "NJ" Dunkin

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdunkin1 (Post 1767968)
Posting story...
-I made a few T206 reproductions as I had in the past and posted them on eBay to make a few bucks, circa February 13th of this year.
-However, this time I made my listings very gray regarding authenticity and provenance of the cards.
-I thought at the time it would be a cool thing to do to perhaps earn a few more bids. I willingly chose to use an alternate account and I since recognize that as deceptive and wrong (changed username for clarification. current name: njdunkin_2, previous name: katie5831)
-The auction went on; I realized the final day that I was going to be out of town and couldn’t ship the cards to the winning bidder(s), so I tried to cancel the auctions in hopes of relisting the auctions later.
-The first two (Magee and Doyle) didn’t have any bids, so those could cancel with no issues.
-In contrast, the Abbatchio and Cobb each had bids, so I couldn’t cancel. Instead of facing up to the buyer and being straightforward, I tried to bid and win my own cards with my purchasing account (username: njdunkin_1). I did not and would not shill my own auctions to earn a higher bid.
-It backfired. Turns out the buyer had a higher bid than both of mine on the cards, causing him to win both.
-I was in trouble, but the buyer did not end up paying. Shamefully, I opened unpaid cases instead of just cancelling the auctions.
-Nothing really happened and I didn't dwell on this until a friend spoke with me via email with righteous rebuke, pointing out the wrong that I had done. Ashamedly, I didn’t think twice about it until his email, and I saw that he was completely right. Through his words, I could see that I had done wrong and needed make reparations with the people involved as best I could (thank you K).
-However, even more to my shame today, I thought I could postpone making things right or even bury my wrongdoing with time.
-Fast forward to joining Tobacco Row on Facebook (this would be very late March, early April); I received an inquiry about this situation. I was so embarrassed, but I was set on trying to make myself look better and cover up my actions. I made up lies and tried to make myself look better by stretching the truth.
-Deservedly, I’m removed from the FB group as members uncover the truth of the story
-Completely ashamed, I didn't sleep well and dwelled on this almost constantly during this past few weeks' time.
-Through the encouragement of a close friend, I sought forgiveness of those whom were directly affected by my actions (M and D on FB, along with the eBay buyer.)
-I made contact with the eBay buyer and called eBay to remove the unpaid item strikes and apologized to him. I committed to sending out his cards and did so last Tuesday (tracking: 9405509699938375223352)
- This opportunity has been orchestrated to humble me, and I'm thankful for that today.

Thank you for reading this, and again, I am so, so sorry for the grief that I’ve caused you. My actions were wrong and I realize what this has done to my fellowship with much, if not all of the T206, FB, + N54 community.

-Noah "NJ" Dunkin

7nohitter 04-16-2018 01:35 PM

Gotta say, truly disappointing reading this. I remember when you first joined the board and the genuine excitement you seemed to have in both learning from and being a part of this community.

Yes, you eventually came clean, but only after some pure shadiness. Learn from this and move on, but remember that while many WILL forgive, they will NOT forget.

KMayUSA6060 04-16-2018 01:49 PM

... And it's 1... 2... 3 strikes you're out at the old, ball game!

vintagebaseballcardguy 04-16-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1768009)
Gotta say, truly disappointing reading this. I remember when you first joined the board and the genuine excitement you seemed to have in both learning from and being a part of this community.

Yes, you eventually came clean, but only after some pure shadiness. Learn from this and move on, but remember that while many WILL forgive, they will NOT forget.

+1. This is a hobby. It is supposed to be fun.