Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   T206 cards B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   T206 Honus Wagner - Not For Sale (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=265949)

GottaHaveRockandRoll 02-18-2019 09:33 PM

T206 Honus Wagner - Not For Sale

Hey everyone,

I want to apologize. I made a mistake and the card is not for sale. I should not have posted anything and I apologize again.

Thanks,

Dylan

Sean 02-18-2019 09:54 PM

Please show us a scan.

GottaHaveRockandRoll 02-18-2019 11:05 PM

Dylan

Luke 02-18-2019 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:eek:

Sean 02-18-2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1855929)
I can send you an email and you post it. I do not know how to post images on forums like this lol

My email is T206@att.net

charlietheexterminator 02-19-2019 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The gentleman sent me the pic, here it is, 715K and it’s yours.

Sean 02-19-2019 01:39 AM

It's the #4 Wagner in the T206resource Wagner gallery.

Sean 02-19-2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlietheexterminator (Post 1855942)
The gentleman sent me the pic, here it is, 715K and it’s yours.

Darn the luck. I just cashed out my 401k to buy a PMG Jordan green. C’est la vie.

But welcome to the Board, and good luck with the sale.

RedsFan1941 02-19-2019 05:02 AM

won’t last long

ezez420 02-19-2019 05:14 AM

It’s lasted for over a year. So yeah lasted long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 05:39 AM

Here it is.

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...6-wagner-sale/

bigtrain 02-19-2019 05:51 AM

Just curious as to what part was altered and how you reverse a restoration.

ezez420 02-19-2019 05:52 AM

My bad 4+ years.

KMayUSA6060 02-19-2019 06:18 AM

I just want to be able to say I commented on a T206 Wagner For Sale thread.

TUM301 02-19-2019 06:29 AM

T 206 Wagner

Trades ?

Smanzari 02-19-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 (Post 1855968)
I just want to be able to say I commented on a T206 Wagner For Sale thread.

You know what, this is history, me too!

Leon 02-19-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 (Post 1855956)
won’t last long

It's a relative bargain. I just want to know what the shipping charge is going to be? And I might remind everyone of the caveat emptor nature of our board. I am not saying anything bad about this listing. It is always caveat emptor on our board whether it is a 1 dollar card or a Wags at 715k.

SetBuilder 02-19-2019 07:13 AM

Maybe it's because I'm super cynical and skeptical about everything, but how do you have such an expensive card and not know how to take a picture or scan of it? It's 2019 and you certainly must have deep pockets and resources, no? It's not hard to take a picture of a card. Sorry to be a jerk.

GottaHaveRockandRoll 02-19-2019 07:33 AM

Once again, I apologize the card is not for sale.

SetBuilder 02-19-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1855981)
Hey everyone. Sorry for not taking better pictures if someone is interested I will. Again, the part that got restored was the original owner wanted to fix the yellow paint on the top of the card, but then after he saw the altered rating he removed it. So the card we have now is original and it looks amazing. A PSA 2 Wagner sells for 900k+ now, and this card would be a PSA 2. Also, the reason we have had the card for so long is because we have not been trying to shop it. Again, we had a retail store gottahaveit! and the card was perfect for eye candy, we also went to a lot of shows. After 25 years, the retail store had to be closed so now we are trying to activity shop it. This is a great investment because Wagners are just getting more and more expensive.

You own a large music memorabilia auction house with it's own website and social media accounts and you can't even post a scan of the Wagner you're selling from a new account? Your company is closed, but why are you still accepting consignments for your next auction?

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 08:19 AM

You don’t reverse an alteration. That’s why it is graded A. Because the reversal didn’t fool psa.

I might want to refer the op to a major auction house to sell his items - most of the items listed are auction worthy and there are plenty of links on this site to find them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtrain (Post 1855962)
Just curious as to what part was altered and how you reverse a restoration.

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 08:37 AM

Maybe I’m having a hard time understanding. You sent a photo to another member which the Wagner was graded Authentic and in an older psa holder. Then you are saying that the original owner removed it from the holder to remove the paint. This was listed for sale by you about 5 years ago from the scd link. So is it currently in a psa holder or was it removed from the holder? Because if this card was removed from the case then it is actually a raw card. And if it was done before you purchased it then you may have a fake card with a real label. Just trying to clarify because the story is a little unclear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1855981)
Hey everyone. Sorry for not taking better pictures if someone is interested I will. Again, the part that got restored was the original owner wanted to fix the yellow paint on the top of the card, but then after he saw the altered rating he removed it. So the card we have now is original and it looks amazing. A PSA 2 Wagner sells for 900k+ now, and this card would be a PSA 2. Also, the reason we have had the card for so long is because we have not been trying to shop it. Again, we had a retail store gottahaveit! and the card was perfect for eye candy, we also went to a lot of shows. After 25 years, the retail store had to be closed so now we are trying to activity shop it. This is a great investment because Wagners are just getting more and more expensive.

Peter_Spaeth 02-19-2019 08:47 AM

I thought he was giving the history of the card prior to it grading Authentic.

Leon 02-19-2019 08:55 AM

I just spoke with the seller (Dylan) on the phone for a few/several minutes. I think he is selling what he says he is, maybe some of the things are on consignment. As I don't personally know him I can't vouch for him but he seems legit to me. If anyone buys the Wags please don't just send a money orde for 700k :)> DO your due diligence but he seems fine to me,. Good luck, Dylan.

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 09:05 AM

It says “after he saw the altered rating he removed it”. The photo shown of the card in the holder has damage to the edges of the holder. I’m thinking this is a raw card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1856001)
I thought he was giving the history of the card prior to it grading Authentic.

Peter_Spaeth 02-19-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports (Post 1856008)
It says “after he saw the altered rating he removed it”. The photo shown of the card in the holder has damage to the edges of the holder. I’m thinking this is a raw card.

He also says "Graded Authentic" and "it says altered." Pretty ambiguous. Maybe it was resubmitted?

Stampsfan 02-19-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1855948)
Darn the luck. I just cashed out my 401k to buy a PMG Jordan green. C’est la vie.

But welcome to the Board, and good luck with the sale.

Best comment I've seen this week. :D

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 09:28 AM

That’s what I originally thought. After I closely read every word I am thinking otherwise. It’s an odd thing for a music store to have the greatest baseball card ever. I would have sold it immediately to buy some rare music memorabilia. It’s like me having Hendrix’ strat as a decoration. But being ungraded may explain why the item hasn’t been brought to an auction house. Maybe the op wants to chime in to clarify?

ullmandds 02-19-2019 09:32 AM

if owner "added paint"...then removed...the card is altered...imo?

biggsdaddycool 02-19-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1856023)
if owner "added paint"...then removed...the card is altered...imo?

100%. Once a card has been altered there is no way to unalter it.

GottaHaveRockandRoll 02-19-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports (Post 1856020)
That’s what I originally thought. After I closely read every word I am thinking otherwise. It’s an odd thing for a music store to have the greatest baseball card ever. I would have sold it immediately to buy some rare music memorabilia. It’s like me having Hendrix’ strat as a decoration. But being ungraded may explain why the item hasn’t been brought to an auction house. Maybe the op wants to chime in to clarify?

Card is not for sale I apologize

ullmandds 02-19-2019 09:57 AM

additionally it appears the owner of the card is a card doctor?

trdcrdkid 02-19-2019 09:58 AM

Yeah, I'm confused too. Is the card still in the same PSA holder as in the picture? If the owner "removed the paint" (or whatever) after seeing the Altered grade, then it must have been cracked out of the holder, right? So is it now a raw card, as some on here have surmised?

Also, can we see a back scan?

ullmandds 02-19-2019 10:04 AM

seriously! trying to sell a card for $750K with no scans...really?

Peter_Spaeth 02-19-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1856036)
seriously! trying to sell a card for $750K with no scans...really?

Or last name. Just "Dylan."

Leon 02-19-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1856039)
Or last name. Just "Dylan."

I have his info but see no reason in mandating all it be public right now. Anyone interested can PM him and if there is an issue let me know. He seems like a nice enough guy from our short conversation.

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 10:26 AM

Ok. Now please clarify. Is the card sealed in a psa holder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1856030)
Hey, so again we were two companies. GottaHaveIt! and GottaHaveRockandRoll. GottaHaveIt! was a retail store focused on sports memorabilia, opened for 25+ years. The owner is one of the best experts in Sports in the world. The card is under consignment yes, as we know a lot of people and for the right price we have some amazing items that the same guy would sell. The retail store closed down, so now we are actively trying to shop the card. Again, we have been in the business for 25+ years, we know a lot of people. There are two owners, one is sports focused, one is rock and roll focused, so thats why we have a card like this, which again is under consignment.

Peter_Spaeth 02-19-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1856044)
I have his info but see no reason in mandating all it be public right now. Anyone interested can PM him and if there is an issue let me know. He seems like a nice enough guy from our short conversation.

I wasn't suggesting it was mandatory, I was suggesting it's lame to offer a 750K card without even putting your name behind it.

obcmac 02-19-2019 10:43 AM

He also has a Joe Jackson black Betsy bat on memorabilia side...maybe get a 2 for 1 deal?

GottaHaveRockandRoll 02-19-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trdcrdkid (Post 1856033)
Yeah, I'm confused too. Is the card still in the same PSA holder as in the picture? If the owner "removed the paint" (or whatever) after seeing the Altered grade, then it must have been cracked out of the holder, right? So is it now a raw card, as some on here have surmised?

Also, can we see a back scan?

Card is not for sale I apologize

Peter_Spaeth 02-19-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1856055)
Yes, the card was slabbed altered, then taken out and the paint was removed, and then slabbed again, however the altered grade still came with it. I will get you more scans later as I said, if you are interested PM me! I am extremely busy right now and cannot be responding to the forum 24/7.

You're the one trying to sell a 750K card and you act like Adam is burdening you? Sheesh.

SetBuilder 02-19-2019 11:01 AM

Not sure how the OP thought he was just going to casually list a $700K card using a new account and not cause a fuss. I'm sure he's a legit guy at the end of all this, but he acted kind of fishy by not listing his name and posting a scan. I choose to remain anonymous here because I'm just an idiot in the grand scheme of things, but if I ever come to own one of these Wagners and list it here I'm going to put my name behind it. Just common sense.

Leon 02-19-2019 11:07 AM

The seller was banned from Blowout, the only other forum I post on, but I didn't see a smoking gun in what was going on. The barrel was a bit warm though. It is hard to believe a baseball card seller wants to sell super expensive cards but knows little about them....Caveat emptor.

Leon 02-19-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obcmac (Post 1856053)
He also has a Joe Jackson black Betsy bat on memorabilia side...maybe get a 2 for 1 deal?

The hole is getting deeper.....Will he combine shipping if we buy both?

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 11:23 AM

I would think that if I, as an employee, invested some time to fully explain and dedicated a couple of days to posting photos and answering questions to make a sale of this magnitude that it would be worth the time spent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1856060)
You're the one trying to sell a 750K card and you act like Adam is burdening you? Sheesh.

GottaHaveRockandRoll 02-19-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1856071)
The seller was banned from Blowout, the only other forum I post on, but I didn't see a smoking gun in what was going on. The barrel was a bit warm though. It is hard to believe a baseball card seller wants to sell super expensive cards but knows little about them....Caveat emptor.

The card is not for sale I apologize

Corporal Lance Boil 02-19-2019 11:39 AM

Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1856071)

That thread is an interesting read, and certainly worth a look. I won't link to another site but its' under Member/Trades Feedback and references a 25K Jordan collection. Due diligence.

Yastrzemski Sports 02-19-2019 11:41 AM

I would think that if I, as an employee, invested some time to fully explain and dedicated a couple of days to posting photos and answering questions to make a sale of this magnitude that it would be worth the time spent. For someone with probably $1m+ worth of items, the sale could have been handled better. Once you start out on the wrong foot it’s hard to get back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1856060)

Peter_Spaeth 02-19-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1856079)
I will get more pictures of the card. You guys are animals sheesh I am getting ganged up. I am just busy lol. What happened in Blowout was the same thing. I posted a Michael Jordan card collection and everyone was annoying me and asking for more pictures, also I was asking people to consign items and they banned me for that. Everything is legit I will post more photos and stuff later give me some time.

Damn it's sure annoying when potential buyers ask for more information. I empathize.

trdcrdkid 02-19-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaHaveRockandRoll (Post 1856055)
Yes, the card was slabbed altered, then taken out and the paint was removed, and then slabbed again, however the altered grade still came with it. I will get you more scans later as I said, if you are interested PM me! I am extremely busy right now and cannot be responding to the forum 24/7.

At first I thought this meant that the card was reslabbed recently, but now I see that the reslabbing happened years ago. The 2014 Sports Collectors Daily article linked to by Adam Y. in post 11 of this thread depicts the Wagner in the same slab, and it says, "The last known sale of this particular Wagner card was through Mastro Auctions in 2010 for $219,225. It was restored many years ago, but the restoration was later reversed."