Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NL MVP: Steriods/PEDs? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=144814)

HRBAKER 12-10-2011 06:35 PM

NL MVP: Steriods/PEDs?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...enhancing-drug

Braun is challenging the results.

Ease 12-11-2011 05:36 AM

"The Unnatural"
Say it ain't so....

frankbmd 12-16-2011 12:54 PM

"Brauny"

The title of this post is the nickname used by Brewers TV colorman and former player Bill Schroeder. Hmmmmmmm.........

And he doesn't call the secondbaseman Weeksy.

HRBAKER 07-22-2013 06:00 PM

Grab Some Bench Braun

Seems rather timely to resurrect this old thread.
He realizes he has made some mistakes.
Yes, cheating is a mistake - not just when you get caught.

Exhibitman 07-22-2013 06:11 PM

Best reaction ever to Braun's suspension, Miami Marlins' Logan Morrison:

"You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings."

midwaylandscaping 07-22-2013 06:22 PM

Past time for Selig to take a powder also. His "leadership" enabled this particular era. No reason for him to continue.

the 'stache 07-22-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1161592)
Best reaction ever to Braun's suspension, Miami Marlins' Logan Morrison:

"You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings."

I have to admit, Adam, I laughed when i first saw this. It brought a little bit of levity (at least for a moment) to a very troubling subject.

AbejasAsesinas 07-23-2013 09:45 AM

Did any of you see Michael Weiner's (MLBPA's executive director) statement regarding Ryan Braun?

"I am deeply gratified to see Ryan taking this bold step. It vindicates the rights of all players under the Joint Drug Program. It is good for the game that Ryan will return soon to continue his great work both on and off the field."

Yeah, Ryan Braun is a crusader of righteousness who is "taking a bold step", and not a dishonest cheater taking his punishment to save his career. :rolleyes:

EvilKing00 07-24-2013 01:26 PM

im sure he is very sorry..... that he got caught.

And will never get caught again.

itjclarke 07-27-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwaylandscaping (Post 1161599)
Past time for Selig to take a powder also. His "leadership" enabled this particular era. No reason for him to continue.

Selig is a complete joke. Great, TV revenues and gate receipts are up during his tenure... But interleague has more or less made the All Star game irrelevant and the WS a hell of a lot less interesting, an absolute MLB/ESPN love affair with Boston and NY made any postseason seem boring to the mass audience once either or both were eliminated (sad cuz I remember watching all 7 games of the Royals and Cards from the edge of my seat in the SF Bay Area, but sat in a KC "sport bar" during the 2012 WS, it was on maybe 3 of 50-60 TVs with no audio and I think I was one of about 3 watching), and the steroid scandal which went unchecked for over a decade has ruined the sacred numbers that had in the past connected all prior generations to the present. As a Bay Area fan, I also love how Bud has been telling the A's that he formed a stadium council to review their situation and come back with a recommendation... 4-5 years have gone by and he has offered no substantive ideas to the team or city. It makes most here wonder whether he just lied about the "committee" to begin with. One thing he did accomplish.. He got the Brewers moved to the NL central, I'd think in large part so they wouldn't have to play any more west coast divisional night games. I don't have much issue with that, except that it seemed his prior desire for major league contraction and realignment, and to dissolve the A's, Twins, Royals (many many WS wins between them), in the end seemed like a smokescreen to hide his true intent to better his old team's TV ratings. I apologize since most of this is unsubstantiated, but from my perspective is how it all looked from the outside.

Can't wait to see you gone you weasel.

HRBAKER 08-22-2013 11:11 PM

Nice move, issue a statement through the team. What happened to the guy that stepped up to the mic loudly proclaiming his innocence. Must have developed stagefright when he got off the stuff. Still trying to massage the truth.

autograf 08-23-2013 12:23 PM

Cleopatra wasn't the only queen of denial.......