Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rea! Rea!! Rea!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253622)

mechanicalman 04-14-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1767466)
A “purity???”

Pete, you’re on the board enough. I don’t believe I need to explain the comment to you. But the headline is I think a lot of collectors appreciate the way Brian and team do business. They set the standard.

Neal 04-14-2018 08:49 PM

Brian and crew are the best. No doubt.

Rhotchkiss 04-14-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1767479)
Brian and crew are the best. No doubt.

100% agree

iowadoc77 04-15-2018 05:28 AM

REA has always been the auction we talk the most about. It is the catalog I most look forward to and spend the most time with. It feels more exclusive since they only do 2 auctions a year. I have bought from Heritage and REA regularly and both are certainly top of the list, but it isn’t quite as worthy of a lengthy thread when Heritage puts out several big auctions each year.
Both have great stuff and it is difficult to truly compare them. Both also have terrific customer service in my opinion.
REA catalog is iconic. It’s like Christmas when it arrives. And delivery people everywhere flood their chiropractor offices after delivery.
I enjoy both auction houses but twice a year we get to see REA’s catalog and have a few threads like this. Good stuff.

mechanicalman 04-15-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowadoc77 (Post 1767523)
REA has always been the auction we talk the most about. It is the catalog I most look forward to and spend the most time with. It feels more exclusive since they only do 2 auctions a year. I have bought from Heritage and REA regularly and both are certainly top of the list, but it isn’t quite as worthy of a lengthy thread when Heritage puts out several big auctions each year.
Both have great stuff and it is difficult to truly compare them. Both also have terrific customer service in my opinion.
REA catalog is iconic. It’s like Christmas when it arrives. And delivery people everywhere flood their chiropractor offices after delivery.
I enjoy both auction houses but twice a year we get to see REA’s catalog and have a few threads like this. Good stuff.

Very well said.

Stonepony 04-15-2018 06:50 AM

They're both fantastic of course. I'd have to compare their current auctions relevance to me by the number of placer bids. I have about 8 in Heritage and 25 in REA. I don't place bids on cards I want badly but could never afford. ( except that Mantle Dice game:D)

Snapolit1 04-15-2018 07:29 AM

The difference for me with REA and other auctions is that they come up with items that Ive been looking for years and have not seen anywhere for sale or auction. There are 2 such cards in the current auction. One of which I’ve never seen once elsewhere. While Heritage has a lot of quality items over the course of a year, I don’t see the obscure items as much.

CharleyBrown 04-15-2018 10:08 AM

A lot of rarities in this auction. Is one of the Serota brothers selling their collection?

sflayank 04-15-2018 10:12 AM

rea

its only the beginning
october might even be better:)

bobfreedman 04-15-2018 11:20 AM

Two cents

I feel like REA is for collectors and heritage is for investors. I know that’s an oversimplification but just my two cents