Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reply to vorthian (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=61132)

Archive 01-09-2002 07:04 AM

Reply to vorthian

Posted By: <b>jverri01</b><p>Sorry, had to start a new thread. Old one was simply too staggered to keep up with. Vorthian, if you have issues - and you always have, which is why you have a personal vendetta against me, why have you never contacted me at any time? From time to time I see you are more than happy to jump in and slam me, but I have never talked to you, met you, heard anything from you. Perhaps you just want to appear as though you are above imperfection? I am not, and I will not even try to hid this. I made many mistakes throughout the handlings of that card. I have stated this. Somehow, though, you simply choose to continually point out my errors. Why are you not able to accept that I made a mistake? Do the opinions of so many people that testify on my behalf about my character mean nothing? I have no idea who you are, where you are, or what your background entails. I merely know that, any time my ID is mentioned, you come flying out of the shadows to put me down. Why is that? What wrong have I done to you? I try very hard to be fair. But, you always put me in a position of having to be defensive. Can you not approach things with more objectivity? What do you want to hear from me? That I am imperfect? Sure. I am happy to admit this. Why can you not accept that?

Archive 01-09-2002 07:20 PM

Reply to vorthian

Posted By: <b>vorthian</b><p>&lt;&lt; Sorry, had to start a new thread. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>No need to be sorry.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; Old one was simply too staggered to keep up with. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Understood, staggered with unanswered questions.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; Vorthian, if you have issues - and you always have, which is why you have a personal vendetta against me, why have you never contacted me at any time? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Why say if when you then state that I always have issues, which must be the result of this illusionary vendetta that I am purported to possess? As for why I have never contacted you - I am quite busy with watching Oprah re-runs. <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; From time to time I see you are more than happy to jump in and slam me,&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Care to cite some references to validate this?<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; but I have never talked to you, met you, heard anything from you. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>If one were to "jump in" and slam another, why is that contingent on that person talking, meeting or hearing from the other?<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; Perhaps you just want to appear as though you are above imperfection? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>My character is not in question here.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I am not, and I will not even try to hid this. I made many mistakes throughout the handlings of that card. I have stated this. Somehow, though, you simply choose to continually point out my errors. Why are you not able to accept that I made a mistake? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I am able to accept that a mistake was made, however, I am not able to decipher the truth from the various contradictions that have spawned from this Wagner debacle. <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; Do the opinions of so many people that testify on my behalf about my character mean nothing? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Start answering some of the questions I have posed in various other threads if you want your character to mean something to me. <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I have no idea who you are, where you are, or what your background entails. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Cute attempt to divert attention. I tell you what, when I contradict myself - I will answer these kinds of questions. <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I merely know that, any time my ID is mentioned, you come flying out of the shadows to put me down. &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Is this a matter of ME putting you down -or- you acting in a manner that has resulted in yourself feeling as if you were put down when critiqued?<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; Why is that? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Inconsistency.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; What wrong have I done to you? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>When you come on defending your character, neglicting the x and not-x statements that you have uttered - you play myself and the entire board for fools while showing us your true, selfish intentions. <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I try very hard to be fair. But, you always put me in a position of having to be defensive. Can you not approach things with more objectivity? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>To those non-contradictional spewings, sure. <BR><BR>&lt;&lt; What do you want to hear from me? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I want the truth and the shying away from fallacious reasoning.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; That I am imperfect? Sure. I am happy to admit this. Why can you not accept that? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>It's part of human nature, and I do accept that for everyone. <BR>

Archive 01-10-2002 09:08 AM

Reply to vorthian

Posted By: <b>MW</b><p>James,<BR><BR>I think all the Vorthian is getting at is that you originally told one story about the Wagner and you vehemently represented it as a legitimate card you had purchased. Now you appear to be saying something different -- you are presenting yourself as a broker who was both tricked by NASA as well as contractually obligated to sell something fake.<BR><BR>I'm not making any judgements on which is true, but I <b> DO </b> think someone loses a considerable amount of credibility when they attempt to sell a fake T206 Wagner on eBay.