Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Slighty off topic - ebay question (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=223445)

rp12367 06-02-2016 12:42 PM

Slighty off topic - ebay question

I sold an item on eBay 11 days ago. The buyer had not paid me, replied to emails or had attempted any kind of contact to pay for the item. So after 7 days I opened up an unpaid buyer dispute and left a positive (negiative) feedback saying that they never paid. Today I got a notice from Ebay that my unpaid item case has been closed because the seller paid for item 11 days later. My question is now I don't want to sell the item to this person am I obligated to still complete my end or can I just refund the money? Will eBay give me some kind of repercussions? Thanks in advance

D. Bergin 06-02-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp12367 (Post 1545902)
I sold an item on eBay 11 days ago. The buyer had not paid me, replied to emails or had attempted any kind of contact to pay for the item. So after 7 days I opened up an unpaid buyer dispute and left a positive (negiative) feedback saying that they never paid. Today I got a notice from Ebay that my unpaid item case has been closed because the seller paid for item 11 days later. My question is now I don't want to sell the item to this person am I obligated to still complete my end or can I just refund the money? Will eBay give me some kind of repercussions? Thanks in advance

Ebay buyers generally have 4 days from the beginning of an UPI notice to finalize payment before you can close it out and get your fees back.

If he paid for it before you were able to close it out, you are pretty much obligated to send the item to him or you will risk a defect, unless he agrees to a cancellation from his end.

You could also conceivably get a warning from Ebay for leaving a "false positive" in his feedback.

Not saying you're in the wrong, but that's just pretty much how it goes over there.

polishman 06-02-2016 01:05 PM

Ebay Question

You are obligated to ship the card to the seller. If you choose to try and refund the buyer his money, the buyer can still leave you negative feedback. Ebay wouldnt do anything to you for refunding the money, but most sellers want to keep a stellar feedback especially if trying to be a top rated seller.

Cozumeleno 06-02-2016 01:09 PM

I think you can give a refund, but you might have to request that the buyer let you out of the transaction. If they say no, I'm not sure what happens from there. You can always refund via PP, but the buyer may will have the option to leave feedback (which could be negative) unless he agrees to cancel the transaction.

Also agree with the previous poster about leaving false positive feedback. eBay doesn't look kindly on that. Plus, now that the buyer has paid he might be able to retaliate. I've been tempted to do that before, but there's just not much benefit in it. Assuming he has a lot of feedback, chances are slim that anyone will scroll down to see that comment. It also just opens up the door for retaliation.

Billy5858 06-02-2016 01:10 PM

Pretty sure you are obligated to sell
the item to him. But you can block him
on future auctions.......that's just how
eBay is. Sometimes you just have to take a
deep breath and move on. I learned the hard way.

Republicaninmass 06-02-2016 01:29 PM

I buy "pricing errors" all the time. I then just get an email saying "you have been refunded", i dont need to back out, cancel, or anything.

I dont know what kind of influence you need to have this option.

Cozumeleno 06-02-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1545932)
I buy "pricing errors" all the time. I then just get an email saying "you have been refunded", i dont need to back out, cancel, or anything.

Correct - I do believe there is an auto-refund option. But I thought that in those instances the buyer could still leave feedback. I believe that if you don't go the automatic route of providing a refund, the seller can request the buyer cancel the transaction and if both sides agree, feedback cannot be left.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's how I thought it worked.

Republicaninmass 06-02-2016 01:43 PM

yes I have been able to leave negative feedback as a buyer

rp12367 06-02-2016 02:22 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I most likely will send the item, I am just upset that I heard nothing but crickets from the buyer. Then today when ebay was going to automatically close the unpaid item he pays... It drives me crazy how ebay is all about the buyers, and you can't negiative a buyer. But that's I what happens I guess when everyone gets a trophy. My 2 cents. Thanks

D. Bergin 06-02-2016 02:30 PM

Some people I find you just have to be more patient for then others. 90% of the time for me, the UPI notice will trigger a payment by the buyer before the extension they get runs out.

Doesn't always work, but usually.

bmattioli 06-02-2016 05:48 PM

Ship the item, block the buyer and move on.. You did your part as the seller..

Duluth Eskimo 06-02-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1545932)

Classic