Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ** Keeping a good tradition going - Chatroom open for REA's final night this Saturday (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=204764)

shammus 04-20-2015 10:21 PM

** Keeping a good tradition going - Chatroom open for REA's final night this Saturday

Been a long time since I last checked, but I'm happy to say our chatroom is still up and running properly and should be available for our annual gathering for REA's final night this Saturday.

Figured I'd throw a friendly reminder out there now for anyone interested in possibly stopping in. That way, you all have a few days to make sure you can log in ok, have Java installed on your machine, re-teach yourself to use the thing since it's probably been a while, etc..etc..

Remember, the "NEW Chat!" link at the top opens the chatroom and the "Who's Chatting" link will open a popup letting you know which users are present.

And finally, if memory serves, although someone can correct me if I'm wrong here - the chatroom is NOT mobile friendly so it won't work on your iPad or Smartphone or really any device at all unfortunately.

Have fun and enjoy!

Leon 04-21-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammus (Post 1403478)
Been a long time since I last checked, but I'm happy to say our chatroom is still up and running properly and should be available for our annual gathering for REA's final night this Saturday.

Figured I'd throw a friendly reminder out there now for anyone interested in possibly stopping in. That way, you all have a few days to make sure you can log in ok, have Java installed on your machine, re-teach yourself to use the thing since it's probably been a while, etc..etc..

Remember, the "NEW Chat!" link at the top opens the chatroom and the "Who's Chatting" link will open a popup letting you know which users are present.

And finally, if memory serves, although someone can correct me if I'm wrong here - the chatroom is NOT mobile friendly so it won't work on your iPad or Smartphone or really any device at all unfortunately.

Have fun and enjoy!

Mine isn't working :( .....says I need a something or another.... I am drinking some java but will check that first....

It seems Chrome might not be supported anymore? I bet there is a work-around.

Sean1125 04-21-2015 09:37 AM

If anyone only wants part of a lot and want to partner or unload the rest please let me know.

Howe’s Hunter 04-21-2015 10:42 AM

Surprised to see this had fallen to page five so quickly

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=203922

shammus 04-21-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1403581)
Mine isn't working :( .....says I need a something or another.... I am drinking some java but will check that first....

It seems Chrome might not be supported anymore? I bet there is a work-around.

I bought a new computer since the last time I used the chatroom so I had to re-install Java, enable it, and then install the "AddonChat" applet. Fortunately, the Chat Applet sort of walks you through all this and assists you in downloading these things. After a few minutes of fiddling around with it, it's working just fine now.

Seems I was using Chrome earlier...but that might have been IE. Will try it again tonight when I'm home....

ullmandds 04-21-2015 10:59 AM

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b...boo-ya!

shammus 04-25-2015 10:30 AM

Took an extra look at this just now. Chat is working normally in IE and Firefox at least. IE will ask you to run "AddOnChat" and Firefox will ask you to activate Java, but upon doing so, both take you to the proper room.

I haven't figured Chrome out yet....Chrome is kicking up a "This plug-in is not supported" error message. I'll try to find the time to look at that today.

But for now, just use IE or Firefox and you should be fine

Leon 04-25-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammus (Post 1405014)
Took an extra look at this just now. Chat is working normally in IE and Firefox at least. IE will ask you to run "AddOnChat" and Firefox will ask you to activate Java, but upon doing so, both take you to the proper room.

I haven't figured Chrome out yet....Chrome is kicking up a "This plug-in is not supported" error message. I'll try to find the time to look at that today.

Works Great!! in Internet Explorer. We'll See whomever wants to hang out tonight, tonight.

bwbc917 04-25-2015 11:35 AM

Oh Well

No need for me to stay up, I give up on the John Gochnaurr E107. I hope the winner enjoys it. Lotta money for a SS who hits .185 and makes tons of errors.

peterose4hof 04-25-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwbc917 (Post 1405038)
No need for me to stay up, I give up on the John Gochnaurr E107. I hope the winner enjoys it. Lotta money for a SS who hits .185 and makes tons of errors.

Oldest active ballplayer?

rhettyeakley 04-25-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shammus (Post 1405014)

Same here, I generally use Chrome as my browser but the chat is only working in IE for me.

pawpawdiv9 04-25-2015 12:03 PM

As i stated in the other REA thread- i use CHROME and found this FIX
and it works for me now.

Quote:

Fix for people using Chrome and get Plugin not supported with Chat
As of the latest update for chrome they have disabled some options, to fix the error of "plugin not Supported" follow these steps.

Type this into the Search Bar: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

Then Click the blue text "Enable" below Enable NPAPI Mac, Windows

Once done restart chrome and it should work fine

ullmandds 04-25-2015 05:54 PM

dunno...that chrome fix didn't work for me...best of luck to everyone!

mybuddyinc 04-25-2015 06:25 PM

Is drinking allowed in chat room ?? :rolleyes:

Leon 04-25-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybuddyinc (Post 1405130)
Is drinking allowed in chat room ?? :rolleyes:

if you are of age....

brass_rat 04-25-2015 07:52 PM

Hi all,

I am also having issues accessing the chat room...so I setup a temporary private chat room for people to use on Chatzy:

You can enter at this address with password "reachat" (ie, REA chat, one word, all lowercase):
[link removed after auction closed]

There's no signing up or anything else like to do, so it should be easy for anybody to go chat.

Cheers,
Steve

shammus 04-25-2015 10:20 PM

About 10 of us in the chatroom right now if anyone's interested in joining....

frohme 04-25-2015 11:04 PM

Thanks, Chris!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1405044)
As i stated in the other REA thread- i use CHROME and found this FIX
and it works for me now.

This worked for me - thanks, Chris

Sean 04-21-2016 10:09 PM

So, will the chatroom be up and running for this year's REA?

Leon 04-21-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 1530382)
So, will the chatroom be up and running for this year's REA?

Not sure right now....

shammus 04-26-2016 09:14 AM

Fiddled around with this a bit this morning. As always, IE and Firefox seem like the two most reliable browsers for this. I couldn't seem to get it going in Safari and the Chrome fix that Chris suggested last year didn't seem to work as I didn't see the "Enable NPAPI Mac, Windows" option that I could enable....

Anyone else give this a shot and access the chatroom?

shammus 04-30-2016 08:16 PM

Rhett, myself and a few others might meet in there after 10. Hopefully I see others in there too...I really don't get to catch up with you guys too often - this is pretty much my only shot :)

Remember a couple things - only use IE and Firefox as I don't think the chatroom works with any other browser/device. Also keep in mind that you can see if people are in the room yet just by clicking on the "Who's Chatting" link in that same row